What's new

Why do all Pakistani films suck big time but TV dramas rock?

A bit off topic may be ...

But some of the best plays and most talented actors I have seen I remember :
khwaja and sons
dhoop kinare - wat a fantastic star cast nd story
bakra qishton pe and other bakra series by umer sharif
amanat chand
babbu bral
sohail ahmed
feeqa in america

just to name a few

and for the past few days, i can't let go rahat saab's this song in another touching play : meri zaat zarra-e-benishan

what does the above shows ??

that there is no lack of talent infact some of the legends mentioned above are powerhouse of talent which they r sharing wid the whole world

coming back to topic, wat i believe is dat making movies require a lot more finance, resources like latest tech gadgets for delivering a world class standard movies, assimilating the talent and condense it into a moving picture of around 90-100 min.

what waar showed that it can be done but to be consistent and invite more people to develop the industry depends on many other facors as well viz govt initiatives in terms of providing finance and tax support , importing tech equipments, developing labs etc

having said dat i think pakistan film industry is still vibrant even after having so much of road blocks.

just imagine , what wonders can be achieved if some of the above hindrances can be conqured.

seems like Indians are in trans with Pakistani drama serials :rofl:

Lollypop industry thats why Lollywood. :p:

Bengalis are good at artsy type films. We can not make good commercial film. Period.

Pakistani singers are talented. Bengali singers are also talented but we have failed to cater the youth with our music. We are still in Runa Laila and Sabina Yasmin era. When there is any int'l ceremony we find it hard to represent from youth. We get oldies like Runa Laila and Sabina Yasmin.

yes, I agree. Runa Laila is famous all over Pakistan.

Pakistanis love those old Bengali actresses.

Yes, both Pakistan and Bangladesh MUST somehow bring forward the burgeoning youth forward, who can no doubt turn around the industry, and the country's!!!

i am big fan of Amna sheikh........She deserve big banner film..good film.....i mean big canvas
Amna Sheikh sucks big time. I am a huge Mahira Khan fan.

I am huge Fawad Khan, Danish Taimoor and Mahira Khan fan. I hate Imran Abbas. He is Shakib Khan of PK. I like Sanam Saeed for her acting. I also like Sanam Baloch. She looks a better version of Anushka Sharma.

Golden age of television. Same is happening in the US. Turns out character-driven drama is very good....and you can do far more character development over the course of a series as opposed to 3 hours tops for a movie.

Movies are different ball game because in a short time you have to draw the audience into believing the story and entertain them.
Good actors both charismatic and character have to be convincing and believable. Hence top actors are paid so well.

Lollypop industry thats why Lollywood. :p:

Bengalis are good at artsy type films. We can not make good commercial film. Period.

Pakistani singers are talented. Bengali singers are also talented but we have failed to cater the youth with our music. We are still in Runa Laila and Sabina Yasmin era. When there is any int'l ceremony we find it hard to represent from youth. We get oldies like Runa Laila and Sabina Yasmin.

You are underestimating yourself. Your ICC T20 official song Char chokka hoi hoi was quite catchy and let me add that you guys did a wonderful job thro out the tournament.

You are underestimating yourself. Your ICC T20 official song Char chokka hoi hoi was quite catchy and let me add that you guys did a wonderful job thro out the tournament.

he is not bangladeshi, he does not know anything about Bangladesh.

Baal Chakka Hoi Hoi. Crappy song for an international event. Our music industry is little better than other media but viewers want great visuals with music which BD music industry fails to give with music videos. Recently a singer Ayub Bacchu was singing in a concert. People were not listening to him. He was very embarrassed and said 'Thank you for listening me even if you don't bother to clap during Bangla songs, keep it for Hindi songs. No need for Bangla songs.'

Our media is a BIG O. They don't understand the pulse of the audience. What we want to see, what we want to hear it doesn't matter for them because our media sucks.

I didn't like it. Want to see Waar though.

~ RazorMC

Already 40% completed. 60% download is remaining. Should I cancel downloading?

I will watch Waar for Shaan and Hamza. They are good actors but its not yet in torrent to download.

Last edited:
Already 40% completed. 60% download is remaining. Should I cancel downloading?

I will watch Waar for Shaan and Hamza. They are good actors but its not yet in torrent to download.

If it's 40% complete then I guess it's better to watch it anyways. Who knows? Maybe you will like it.

~ RazorMC

If it's 40% complete then I guess it's better to watch it anyways. Who knows? Maybe you will like it.

~ RazorMC

I have plan to watch 2 Pakistani films today.

Main Hoon Shahid Afridi (Already downloaded)

&

Bol (Will download now)

Seems like there is no other good PK films to watch.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom