What's new

Military Simulation - The Indo-Pak conflict - A hyperbole

Don't forget that China would support Pakistan with supplies and diplomatically as well.

China has valuable interests in Pakistan at stake here.

Don't forget that China would support Pakistan with supplies and diplomatically as well.

China has valuable interests in Pakistan at stake here.
For now. Things can and do change.

For now. Things can and do change.
The latter sentence, wow how stupid can it get.

Pakistani and Chinese interests converge and we are neighbors.
China has invested A LOT in Pakistan.

This will not change anytime soon.

China would support Pakistan passively if there is a Pakistani-Indian war.

Lets not forget that China thrashed India in the 1962 war.

If India in the offensive, there will be oil and gas embargo from Muslim nations, and I believe countries such as USA and Russia with huge oil and gas production will not help India to deal with its oil and gas supply deficit. It is because USA and Russia will likely stay neutral due to the influence of OIC nations. USA doesnt want Muslim countries side with China and Russia doesnt want to have bad relation with Muslim countries due to its rivalry with USA
Except Iran!
Pakistan accuses Iran of supporting Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) in the Pakistani province of Balochistan. Zainebiyoun fighters has been recruited among Pakistani workers based in Iran. The terrorist activities of the Balochi separatists are increasing the tension between Pakistan and Iran.

Learning from the events in Ukraine-Russia war:

Pakistan should procure or make long range suicide drones like these:
9F924415-CCAA-4DAF-9598-EC64A478A8FE.jpeg
3C676A4A-F274-4C4D-BDAE-F555F967CCD0.jpeg

These drones could be used instead of cruise missiles to destroy Indian bases like Russia destroyed Ukrainian bases. These drones can also gather intelligence and destroy enemy convoys or enemy sams. These drones are very cheap apparently costing Iranians only $50k each to make so we can afford to lose many.

Pakistan should also procure or create something similar to USA’s MALD decoy:
0A8417A1-4EB6-42F8-9465-91E37FC67CFC.jpeg

These can fool enemy radars and make enemy sam’s fire at them exposing the enemy’s location. We could have the suicide drone i posted above fly behind these decoys and once the decoy makes the sam expose its position the suicide drone takes out the sam system or just SEAD/DEAD fighters ready to take out enemy sam’s when they engage them these decoys. In Ukraine mobile sam’s have become a real pain for Russians. We might face something similar.

Pakistan also needs to increase the number of mlrs and self propelled artillery we have. In Russia vs Ukraine war we’ve seen the heavy use of artillery and the importance of artillery. Ukraine uses drones to find Russian army convoys then sends that information to its self propelled howitzers which attack and destroy the convoy and leave the area in a matter of time.

Pakistan also needs many many more mobile Sam’s. Chinese HQ-17AE could be a very good option:
7AC83A78-8ECE-40A7-81D1-DB676DFD3764.jpeg

In Ukraine, Russian convoys paid a heavy price via Ukrainian drones and even fighter jets and attack helicopters. Russian Air Force also paid a heavy price because Ukrainian mobile Sam’s weren’t all destroyed and they’ve turned into a headache for Russians. Ukrainians mobile Sam’s are proving to be more of a headache then long range systems like s-300.

Pakistan also needs something similar to NLAW. In Ukraine NLAW has been revoking havoc on Russian armour. We need a light atgm which features top attack and fire and forget just like NLAW and can also be used in close quarters. Turkish have Karaok atgm which is similar to NLAW as in its light, has a range of around 1 km, has fire and forget and top attack mode.

B9921D35-E780-459F-80EB-1E0C583AD203.jpeg
3F7DA7A1-7B95-4988-B7E0-1E0259B1D3DC.jpeg

Pakistan should also develop a light vehicle similar to Russian Tigr to replace all its Hilux’s in the army.
A1A9CF6A-1AE5-43F2-B6EA-84DF65D33028.jpeg

It should have heavy machine gun, atgms and good sensors. These could reck havoc on Indians.

Lastly, the most important part, Pakistan should, in areas bordering india, give training on how to use weapons to locals. Every single person capable of fighting should be given military training. Pakistan should make secret weapon and ammo depots in these border villages and when war starts give weapons to locals to help pak army or to wage guerrilla war in their villages if India captures it. In any next Pakistan india war, some villages will fall to Indians. If the population of these villages wage a guerrilla war it will be very hard for Indians to hold these villages while countering pak army.

What would be a southern offensive from India look like?
Lets say a combined air and naval offensive supported by ground elements(EW & Cruise) systems.

What is an ORBAT for a IAF forward deployment? a PAF one? @Desert Fox 1 @JamD @The Eagle @kursed

All OSINT and nothing to do with what you heard your serving uncle or buddy talk about!

@Joe Shearer - 5 lines breakdown maybe?

The sole purpose of this being to distract from the flooding of threads on the Pakistani political crisis or the next new thing Hindu extremists have done in India... maybe get some entertainment in return?

Here is an example I was trying and @PanzerKiel , civilian traffic is included.
upload.PNG

Lets say a combined air and naval offensive supported by ground elements(EW & Cruise) systems.

What is an ORBAT for a IAF forward deployment? a PAF one? @Desert Fox 1 @JamD @The Eagle @kursed

All OSINT and nothing to do with what you heard your serving uncle or buddy talk about!

The sole purpose of this being to distract from the flooding of threads on the Pakistani political crisis or the next new thing Hindu extremists have done in India... maybe get some entertainment in return?

View attachment 831147
Sir,

What is a southern offensive?

Where does the south begin? Does it end, or might it be defined broadly?

I ask to get a boundary condition for my sanctioned 5 lines :eek:

Sir,

What is a southern offensive?

Where does the south begin? Does it end, or might it be defined broadly?

I ask to get a boundary condition for my sanctioned 5 lines :eek:
Well, lets say where the poonjab turns into a desert. I think the screenshot is good reference?
The 5 lines are the minimum but feel free to play it all out and let our master computer crunch the idea.

Well, lets say where the poonjab turns into a desert. I think the screenshot is good reference?
The 5 lines are the minimum but feel free to play it all out and let our master computer crunch the idea.
Ah SO!

Fun will be had.

View attachment 831147
Is there a way to declutter the map? Perhaps remove the heading/altitude/speed etc.

I'm assuming this is a follow on from the ORBAT thread. What is the Indian objective here? The usual cutting Pakistan in two or some other objective? Blockade Karachi? Based on the main goal we can debate what needs to be done in terms of lower-level objectives.

Thank you for this. The politics threads are mind numbing. Nothing to look forward to on the forum these days. This might be a welcome change. Thanks!

What is the Indian objective here? The usual cutting Pakistan in two or some other objective? Blockade Karachi? Based on the main goal we can debate what needs to be done in terms of lower-level objectives.
I hope there will be space for dissenting opinions.

The politics threads are mind numbing.
....and here I was thinking I was getting hydrocephaly! Thank you; I feel relieved that i am not alone.

I'm assuming this is a follow on from the ORBAT thread. What is the Indian objective here? The usual cutting Pakistan in two or some other objective?
Why on earth would any planner plan to cut Pakistan into two?

Before going anywhere else, it badly needs saying that all Indians are not necessarily obsessed with the thought of reversing the disaster to overtake a three thousand year old civilisation that was Partition. So it is not that cutting Pakistan into two is a thought in the minds of rational people; it is the vision of some fringe lunatics who have obtained electoral backing and have a platform.

What is the Indian objective here? The usual cutting Pakistan in two or some other objective? Blockade Karachi?
Might one be permitted to march to a different drummer? To ensure that the capacity of an enemy to inflict casualties on our civilian population is severely damaged?

Why on earth would any planner plan to cut Pakistan into two?

Before going anywhere else, it badly needs saying that all Indians are not necessarily obsessed with the thought of reversing the disaster to overtake a three thousand year old civilisation that was Partition. So it is not that cutting Pakistan into two is a thought in the minds of rational people; it is the vision of some fringe lunatics who have obtained electoral backing and have a platform.

Might one be permitted to march to a different drummer? To ensure that the capacity of an enemy to inflict casualties on our civilian population is severely damaged?
My questions were more out of naivety than assumed intent. I'm looking for a good reason for India to attack the south. I simply don't know what the objective should be. You should be able to answer this well I hope.

Is there a way to declutter the map? Perhaps remove the heading/altitude/speed etc.

I'm assuming this is a follow on from the ORBAT thread. What is the Indian objective here? The usual cutting Pakistan in two or some other objective? Blockade Karachi? Based on the main goal we can debate what needs to be done in terms of lower-level objectives.

Thank you for this. The politics threads are mind numbing. Nothing to look forward to on the forum these days. This might be a welcome change. Thanks!
I cluttered it intentionally, will try to do a video so will have no clutter and everything will be neatly grouped.

The goal I leave to @Joe Shearer and other Indians who may want to contribute. Cutting in half isn’t the only motivation for degrading military capability or imposing a blockade of sorts. But again, the idea can be very realistic and nitpicky or simply letting forces loose to see what comes of it

Basically, 54 RAMFOR Division, three amphibious brigades, 50 Para, 21 Corps (31 AD, couple of RAPIDs and an infantry division) for a ground offensive coupled with a sea-borne landing on our coastal flank.

For IAF, with a basic ORBAT of 12 squadrons (three SU-30, three Mig-21, two Mig-27, one Mig-29, three Jaguar) suitably reinforced with additional squadrons from the Eastern Air Command (minimum one Su-30 and two Mig-27 squadrons)

Naval assets are of course centered around the CBG. @SQ8 do plan a naval blockade as well.

A specific scenario always comes to my mind, read it somewhere, whereby both sides decided to conducted airborne landings / airfield seizure operations with military aircraft taking due advantage of the civilian traffic.

Cutting of North South Road - north of Nawabshah, north and south of Mirpur Khas, capture of coal deposits, capture area upto Thatta from Bhuj side, a seaborn landing between Karachi and Kund Malir to attack defender's responses away from the eastern side.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom