What's new

Military Simulation - The Indo-Pak conflict - A hyperbole

Any luck on the hovercraft?

Pak Marines has two 8100TD:
View attachment 832722
and four 2000TD:
View attachment 832723
bought in 2010 and 2004 respectively. The token number, use by the Marines and not PN, and no follow up orders seems to suggest that hovercraft use was toyed with and found to be not too useful (or useful enough to spend significant money on).

@surya kiran what are the numbers like on the Indian side and what exactly would be their mission in a conflict? Landing craft? Harassment?
Just a day more. Sorry, but before identifying the craft, the composition of the team, and their role in a formation had to be defined and bounded.

We can sub for the hovercraft - I was waiting on a brief scenario writeup to go build it
Almost ready.

Have not changed the formations or their types; they will remain what they are today, to be conservative.

We can sub for the hovercraft - I was waiting on a brief scenario writeup to go build it
I have the scenario ready, but have a question.

May it be submitted one step at a time? Presenting the entirety does take the element of surprise out of it. If so, then with the permission of all concerned, as soon as the revisions in ORBAT are complete, these can be submitted one step at a time.

Just a day more. Sorry, but before identifying the craft, the composition of the team, and their role in a formation had to be defined and bounded.

Almost ready.

Have not changed the formations or their types; they will remain what they are today, to be conservative.

I have the scenario ready, but have a question.

May it be submitted one step at a time? Presenting the entirety does take the element of surprise out of it. If so, then with the permission of all concerned, as soon as the revisions in ORBAT are complete, these can be submitted one step at a time.
Yes sir - it would also be extremely complex and taxing on the machine to have lets say a 3000 elements within a simulation active. We can play it out by day or even 4 hour moves depending upon how it happens .
Let’s also not forget - it’s possible since we are leaving this to a machine’s crunching of numbers that things don’t play out as expected so the moves might have to change too

Yes sir - it would also be extremely complex and taxing on the machine to have lets say a 3000 elements within a simulation active. We can play it out by day or even 4 hour moves depending upon how it happens .
Got it, Chief.

The scenario actually starts in Month M-12, when aerial surveillance, local activity and newspaper reports, as well as fanboy mentions in the usual places, reveal a great deal of building activity in a number of places uncomfortably close to the India-Pakistan border.

While there is no way of guessing what this is about, it seems apparent that full-scale cantonments and modern military bases are under construction, and of a type that expands existing facilities or builds green-field facilities.

A list of these building sites will be released in the next one hour.

While this may be significant, the exact significance, so to speak, is not easy to understand in a vacuum. What happens next, in Month M, and continues for nearly four months, in the time-frame of January to April, is of considerable concern.

So the list, first.

We can play it out by day or even 4 hour moves depending upon how it happens .
The preliminaries, to set the mindset right, will be in months, and will include curiousity-raising building activity, and significant purchases of unusual equipment, of various sizes and categories, but completely at variance with the shifts and re-deployments to be seen from M0 to M+4.

This is a heads-up, and as soon as I have finished the last little bit of pending work, even before detailing some other necessary information, I will communicate developments - actions and events that would be visible in the normal course of things. For instance, Nth Infantry Division has moved from Place X to Place Y. It appears to be a permanent move.

Got it, Chief.

The scenario actually starts in Month M-12, when aerial surveillance, local activity and newspaper reports, as well as fanboy mentions in the usual places, reveal a great deal of building activity in a number of places uncomfortably close to the India-Pakistan border.

While there is no way of guessing what this is about, it seems apparent that full-scale cantonments and modern military bases are under construction, and of a type that expands existing facilities or builds green-field facilities.

A list of these building sites will be released in the next one hour.

While this may be significant, the exact significance, so to speak, is not easy to understand in a vacuum. What happens next, in Month M, and continues for nearly four months, in the time-frame of January to April, is of considerable concern.

So the list, first.

The preliminaries, to set the mindset right, will be in months, and will include curiousity-raising building activity, and significant purchases of unusual equipment, of various sizes and categories, but completely at variance with the shifts and re-deployments to be seen from M0 to M+4.

This is a heads-up, and as soon as I have finished the last little bit of pending work, even before detailing some other necessary information, I will communicate developments - actions and events that would be visible in the normal course of things. For instance, Nth Infantry Division has moved from Place X to Place Y. It appears to be a permanent move.
Got it
Its midnight here
But I will set up a new thread.. will include simulation in the title lest we trigger panic like Orson Welles did with his war of the worlds rendition https://www.neh.gov/article/fake-news-orson-welles-war-worlds-80

@Joe Shearer I also suggest that while land based thrusts are the eventual goal, we lean more on the strength of the simulation which is air and naval combat. It simulated land combat OK, it excels in giving a pretty good picture of the other realms(including space)

I also suggest that while land based thrusts are the eventual goal, we lean more on the strength of the simulation which is air and naval combat. It simulated land combat OK, it excels in giving a pretty good picture of the other realms(including space)
Shall work on that. My understanding of air power deployment is, ironically, weak; but no doubt, there will be people who can help.

I think i get more time to work on my nonsense hobbies during work days. Maybe, tomorrow will draw out a simple scenario. non complex.

@surya kiran what are the numbers like on the Indian side and what exactly would be their mission in a conflict? Landing craft? Harassment?

total i think is 18. Of these 12 odd are on the west coast. carryying capacity if approx 40 combat troops. As of now, they are for SAR and surveillance.

But for this op, they would be to quickly move troops across the marshes in a conflict.

In the future, I think this number is going to go up. BharatForge has take tech absorption for this particular hovercraft and they have a history of quickly coming up with variants up and down.

I think i get more time to work on my nonsense hobbies during work days. Maybe, tomorrow will draw out a simple scenario. non complex.

total i think is 18. Of these 12 odd are on the west coast. carryying capacity if approx 40 combat troops. As of now, they are for SAR and surveillance.

But for this op, they would be to quickly move troops across the marshes in a conflict.

In the future, I think this number is going to go up. BharatForge has take tech absorption for this particular hovercraft and they have a history of quickly coming up with variants up and down.
Ditcher!

Since my geography isnt that good mainly because I was tired of my high school teachers incessant talk on Alluvial soils, here is a map of the theatre in question in case you want to use MS paint to just dot things out for me.
map.PNG

@SQ8
@PanzerKiel
@surya kiran
@MilSpec
@Signalian
@Desert Fox 1

Gentlemen,

I am compelled by Clio to take you to a very dark period, and beg to be forgiven for that, for the way back to normal times is not known to me.

He Who Must Not Be Named, that four-letter word that leads a crazed segment of hominidae, has been re-elected. Convention demands that he retire, but he is anxious to hang on to his modest life-style, his role in world affairs, and to the feeling of power that he relishes.

It is the year 2024, and professionals employed to watch what is going on in India have found, in newspaper reports, in social media dominated by shrill bhakts, and in magazine articles and TV programme references, that a substantial civil engineering programme has been initiated in the country. As time passes, certain more details are available. Large military bases are being built, supplementing earlier constructions, at the following locations:
  1. Jammu
  2. Pathankot
  3. Amritsar
  4. Moga
  5. Bathinda
  6. Sirsa
  7. Jodhpur
  8. Jaisalmer
  9. Barmer
  10. Ahmedabad
  11. Bhuj
  12. Pune
It is not clear what they will house, but there is apparently planned to be accommodation for 20,000 to 25,000 families at each location. Particularly large are locations at Pathankot, Moga, Bathinda, Jodhpur and Ahmedabad.
I will chip in and contribute wherever I can.

INTELLIGENCE SUMMARY
BULLETIN #7
NOVEMBER 30, 2025.

It is reliably learnt that 22nd Infantry Division is transferred from Meerut to Jodhpur. 41st Artillery Division is transferred from Pune to Jodhpur.
Hold for just a second - making a new thread

Back
Top Bottom