What's new

Military Simulation - The Indo-Pak conflict - A hyperbole

It depends on whether they are within the sims database but we can always substitute with a different hovercraft.

The ones with teh ICG cannot carry heavy vehicles. It can carry troops. max carrying capactity is 5 tons. Range approx 350 kms.

https://cmano-db.com/search.php

Here is a db reference -

Requesting that members who aren’t interested in going into the depths of this little exercise refrain from jingoistic comments. Most of us are just tired of what we have seen in the past two weeks on PDF so we are trying to savor the good stuff.

The ones with teh ICG cannot carry heavy vehicles. It can carry troops. max carrying capactity is 5 tons. Range approx 350 kms.
Check the link out - in vehicles to see if you spot a hovercraft.
I see them in ships when you search LCACs

Obviously you wouldn't launch such a blitz without having all the necessary resources in order meaning keeping awhole lot of reserve fuel for them specifically including their food and everything is counted for as they are pre-prepared off the grid.

The radioactivate wasteland will become good again in few 3-4 years besides we will use equipment. The plan should be to build an entirely new future on a new page all together pushing the sub-continent population back to 50 million max even 100m in total at tops. This will be a healthy start.

A completely new epoch with new borders and new countries arising
Sorry, i have deleted my original post just to avoid destroying a very good thread. But could not resist asking, have you ever seen or handled any disaster in any capacity?? Can you guage the moral, emotions of the survivors? What equipment you would suggest to make a nuclear wayse land into productive land so quickly?

Here is a db reference -

Requesting that members who aren’t interested in going into the depths of this little exercise refrain from jingoistic comments. Most of us are just tired of what we have seen in the past two weeks on PDF so we are trying to savor the good stuff.

this is the closest i found.

@waz @LeGenD

could you please move 364 to 367 away from this thread. thank you.

Alright folks, I am now done pretty much setting the Air Force ORBATs up on all MOBs for Pakistan and projected FOBs for India.

Now its all about where you guide me to place units and divisions.

An example of when you let your armored column plot its own course to Umerkot and not lay down exact waypoints every 50km is everyone gets a mind of their own. Some want to use a road, others want to go dune bashing.
Each symbol represents 3 units of type
form.PNG

Alright folks, I am now done pretty much setting the Air Force ORBATs up on all MOBs for Pakistan and projected FOBs for India.

An example of when you let your armored column plot its own course to Umerkot and not lay down exact waypoints every 50km is everyone gets a mind of their own. Some want to use a road, others want to go dune bashing.
View attachment 831700
btw, there is parartrooper,delta force and green beret option in the listings.

View attachment 831700
Dear, do please tell me, should i then tell you the force in multiples of 3 or what??

Moreover, do not lay exact waypoints. Let the terrain play. Let the forces find the best route themselves, that is exactly how the terrain imposes delay and friction on the movement.

Dear, do please tell me, should i then tell you the force in multiples of 3 or what??

Moreover, do not lay exact waypoints. Let the terrain play. Let the forces find the best route themselves, that is exactly how the terrain imposes delay and friction on the movement.
Huzoor, Composition and what to expect from lets say XXI corps from India and the forces you quotes earlier and what is the starting point.

So is a composition of a thrust
300 T-90s with 400 BMPs, SPHs, AD and so on or is it larger .. etc

Or if @surya kiran or @Joe Shearer can provide that then what is Pakistan’s starting point and numbers against.

The first thing would be to really decide on our part where that starting line is?
What causes a southern offensive? Lets say it was a similar escalation as if another 26/11 happens and a respective 26th Feb and 27th have occurred leading to things going out of hand…
Whats the general fog of war that we are to impose on either side so that such an ambitious offensive to be afoot.

So while the political backstory isn’t relevant, force deployment and preparedness on both sides definitely would be good to have rather than have a well laid out plan from the Indian side but other than subs out to sea and two surface action groups the PAF and PA are still at peacetime locations.

The PAF I can probably think about where to deploy especially with Sukkur & Nawabshah available as immediate FOBs but really have no idea where to put any possible PA defenses otherwise; will copying the pattern of 71 be accurate?

btw, there is parartrooper,delta force and green beret option in the listings.
Yes, plus we can mix and match what is missing in other ways too especially within the air. For e.g. the MKIs all have R-77s which based on the sim’s database are fairly outmatched in many aspects by AIM-120s. However , the IAF was switching out to i-derby’s and Astras so I can “force” a loadout contrary . The same way the database has a JF-17 block-III that doesn’t have PL-15s but I can “force” load them on there.
Ive done the same with M2ks and Spice because the DB only shows a loadout of LGBs.

New discoveries when using this for proper land warfare the first time.
Simulating a defensive position on the border against a XXI div attack - using generic infantry and Bakhtar shikan carriers (Bakhtar Shikan rep by Red arrow) and mortar teams.
Apparently even at 7nm an entire Indian div attack force -
63 T-90s, 84 BMPs, and 12 combined Arty pieces with Sams are undetected by UAVs, Inf observation posts with binoculars or ATGMwith reported ranges of 18nm+ surveillance.

eg1.PNG

Yet when it comes to engaging first, the Pakistani elements start shooting first around 2.5nm and the attacking force takes a hit and slows down. This single PA group of 12 ATGM carriers and Infantry groups
eg3.PNG

Its only closer that the Indian group engages and artillery comes in to finish off this group of PA defenders
eg4.PNG

But otherwise they are able to extract a toll:
SIDE: India
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
19x BMP-2 Sarath [AT-5 Spandrel A] IFV [Cargo]
6x T-90S Bhishma Main Battle Tank [Cargo]

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
158x 125mm APFSDS-T
3x 125mm HE
410x 30mm 2A42 Burst [20 rnds]
1x AT-10 Stabber [9M117 Bastion]
3x AT-5 Spandrel A [9M113 Konkurs]

SIDE: Pakistan
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
11x M113 [Bakhtar Shikan] IFV [Cargo]

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
2x 7.62mm MG Burst [20 rnds]
274x 60mm Mortar (Lot of rounds thrown out there)
13x Bakhtar Shikan ATGM

Here is a db reference -

Any luck on the hovercraft?

Pak Marines has two 8100TD:
1649557451587.png

and four 2000TD:
1649557540625.png

bought in 2010 and 2004 respectively. The token number, use by the Marines and not PN, and no follow up orders seems to suggest that hovercraft use was toyed with and found to be not too useful (or useful enough to spend significant money on).

@surya kiran what are the numbers like on the Indian side and what exactly would be their mission in a conflict? Landing craft? Harassment?

Any luck on the hovercraft?

Pak Marines has two 8100TD:
View attachment 832722
and four 2000TD:
View attachment 832723
bought in 2010 and 2004 respectively. The token number, use by the Marines and not PN, and no follow up orders seems to suggest that hovercraft use was toyed with and found to be not too useful (or useful enough to spend significant money on).

@surya kiran what are the numbers like on the Indian side and what exactly would be their mission in a conflict? Landing craft? Harassment?
We can sub for the hovercraft - I was waiting on a brief scenario writeup to go build it

Back
Top Bottom