What's new

Meet our demands, else we'll convert to Islam, say UP Dalits

Out of curiosity what are the main four or five "sects" in Hinduism? And is Sect even the right word? I thought Hinduism is a pretty broad term that includes several "Indian" religions? Something like the word Abrahamic perhaps?

Its hard to define sects or denominations in Hinduism, Hindus even belief in supreme creator but they are having different ways to reach that goal which is similar like Abrahamic religions. Sects in Hindi is called as Sampradayam i think. In Hindusim , Hindus follows different Gods but all those Gods are connected to each other then there are Sid purush who are even worshiped as marg darshak etc.

And there has been sectarian violence in India, I remember Ahmadi mosques being attacked in Hyderabad but police was quick to quell the riots and imprison the trouble makers.
There has been some Shia-Sunni riots as well - almost exclusively started by Sunnis, but its few and far between and the Police usually steps in before major damage.

Hope VHP/BJP has already meeting them as i write this post after all it was Dalits who along with jats fought with jihadis in recent riots in western u.p and sent them to rehab camps.

Out of curiosity what are the main four or five "sects" in Hinduism? And is Sect even the right word? I thought Hinduism is a pretty broad term that includes several "Indian" religions? Something like the word Abrahamic perhaps?
Shaivism, Vaishvism among others. Though you are partially right, Hindu is a very 'catch all' phrase. Its not a big thing. Every Hindu believes that we can all reach God by many means, so no one grudges that 'this way' is the right way or 'that way' is the right way.

The biggest problem we face is Caste discrimination.

Its lessening steadily in all of India at differing rates depending on each State's educational and developmental levels along with state's rule of law implementation capacity. So its almost absent in Delhi, but very high in Bihar for example.

Well why not convert if they feel being discriminated against.

The equivalent of sects will either be the god you worship.. say shiva or vishnu...
or the guru you follow.. some gurus have enough followers to be called a sect..
for example sai baba followers.... the hare krishna dudes .. rama krishna mission ...

1. Dr Ambedkar was mulling the same forcing Gandhi to declare Dalts as Hari-jans or children of god.

2. Since these people have expressed a desire to accept the Message of Islam - for whatever reason, it has become obligatory for all Muslims,particularly those of SA to stand beside them.They deserve all our support - moral as well as material, and encouragement.

2. Since these people have expressed a desire to accept the Message of Islam - for whatever reason, it has become obligatory for all Muslims,particularly those of SA to stand beside them.They deserve all our support - moral as well as material, and encouragement.

Please giff money :D

If it is true that they cannot worship a a temple on account of their so-called caste, that needs to be changed ASAP.

RSS & other orgs like these are working full time to fix this issue,this issue has existed for many years & it will be tough fight to wipe them out but in due time it will be donedone

Back
Top Bottom