What's new

Mass Graves of Sikhs killed in 1984 Sikh Genocide discovered after 26 years.

some common sense questions: according to some from pakistan-who are blaming hindus, as in generalizing all Indian hindus regarding this episode and others related to the turmoil. I ask- Since some Pakistani Muslims at some time or the other have killed practically every minority and even other muslim sects ( ahmedi and I forget who else you guys call non muslims) in that country, would it fair to say that pakistani Muslims" ( generalized) slaughter every non muslim and some not to so muslims in pakistan?

also I see some pakistans debating why sikhs were called hindus blah blah. does your constitution specify all sects of Islam it considers as Muslims?

Nobody justify killings by anyone.

secondly basis for a Muslim are very clear in our religion and our constitution defines it so. and yes all sects in Islam are considered Muslims as long as they follow the basic rules for being a Muslim.

anyway thats a separate debate and has NOTHING to do with Indian constitution to declare Sikhs as Hindus.

No not a non believer in my eyes or my family's - it took a while for my family to accept it, my mother was initially very against it, but she won my mother over, not because she is Sikh but because she is a wonderful human being. We all love her very much - like if she was a daughter, not a daughter in law.

so you are by that extension not for the balsphemy law? because I may been honestly mistaken- But I thought you were one those who rejoiced and thanked people who killed your governor. But your stance above shows quite the opposite i.e. tolerence.

this is just to burst ure bubble that Sikhs are not under any threat in India, riot happened in 84, and every Indian is sorry for that.
Sikhs are living peacefully with dignity in India, unlike Pakistani Sikhs who have to leave their ancestral land and come all the way to India to take shelters out of fear of jihadi goons.

Lolzz why dont burst the bubble in a separate thread about Pakistan and TTP terrorists i will happily debate it with you there.

this thread is about genocide of Indian Sikhs in 84 and lack of justice to the victims despite passage of 26 years.

and i am still waiting for your proof against me for your false claims. prove it or apologise for your lies

Bro but they did go to cnada and UK didn't they.......???

Admit ur mistake first....then there is chance of rectifying them......

Just after 1984 and till the Khalistan movement subsided... yes. But after that I don't see a reason why they would emigrate in fear. People who have emigrated after that have done so for a better life and nothing more nothing less.

What is sad, is some indians rather than prosecute their own people, justify the murder of Sikhs and try to deflect their guilt by accusing Pakistani girls of justifying some other stuff.

Fact - it was a congress govt at the time, that was democratically elected,

Fact - it was people from congress that took part and planned the genocide.

Fact - that means it was a state sponsored murder of innocents.

thank you i was about to post data about how many Sikhs migrated to west and US and so on.

according to apologists of killers of Sikhs , these Sikhs migrating to Canada, US and UK are funding Sikh militants.

i was 100% sure this would come thats why i said no Sikh went to Pakistan to take shelter.
As far as ure advice of asking me to admit the mistake is concerned, the plz go back to previous few pages.
To me this was not just a mistake, this was a sin, a horrendous crime, and those responsible for that would be convicted without any delay.
i dont think theres any controversy over that.

We all know who were involved in those riots and who is defending those criminals today.

so you are by that extension not for the balsphemy law? because I may been honestly mistaken- But I thought you were one those who rejoiced and thanked people who killed your governor. But your stance above shows quite the opposite i.e. tolerence.

Bro read my posts I was one of those people most vehemently against the murder of Shaheed Salman Taseer.

What is sad, is some indians rather than prosecute their own people, justify the murder of Sikhs and try to deflect their guilt by accusing Pakistani girls of justifying some other stuff.

he is still to prove his claims. lies have no feet as we studied when we were small kids

Memories of 1984 Sikh Genocide and Denial of Justice continue to traumatize and infuriate

Vancouver (November 7, 2010): For Gian Singh, President of the Dashmesh Darbar Gurdwara in Surrey, memories of 1984 remain as clear as ever and resurfaced just last week when he shared his experience with me.He recounted: “I was in Delhi in the morning when we heard that [then prime minister of India] Indira Gandhi was murdered by two Sikh bodyguards. … We were inside the gurdwara in Delhi. Our neighbours said ‘stay inside, lock yourselves up and don’t go outside, it does not look safe.’ Then we saw so many people coming and burning places down. I was there, we tried to put a lock on the gate, and they tried to break it.

“They threw kerosene gas on me and started to punch my body. … They wanted me to go outside the gate and then suddenly someone started a big fire outside. … If we had gone outside we would have died.”

The issue that was so traumatizing for Gian Singh is how Sikhs were singled out and were not even safe in their own country.

Sikhs-Remembering-Genocide-Lighting-Candles-300x225.jpg

For Shalinder Gill of Vancouver (see first photo), as he lit a candle at the vigil last Saturday at Dashmesh Darbar Gurdwara, 1984 evoked childhood memories of black smoke, noise, his mother giving out blankets and the tears of a woman in a gurdwara as she scrambled to save pieces of the Guru Granth Sahib.

Then there are the memories of a Sikh youth in Punjab, son of a well known martyr of 1984 (I have chosen to keep this name anonymous), thinking about his father’s sacrifices in connection to 1984. He told me this week from Punjab: “People are speaking even more this year about 1984 and the songs dedicated to 1984 are very popular and keeping the memory alive, in particular the song: “Asi Fan Han Yaaro Bhindran Wale Babe De.”

When I asked him how some of the Sikh youth are feeling in his village about 1984, he said: “Here the Sikh youth have all the anger inside, some have it buried deep inside and some have it alive.”

Meanwhile in Punjab, President of the Sikh Student Federation, Parmjeet Singh Gazi, told me on Wednesday morning: “People of Punjab have responded positively to the shutdown, approving the cause behind it. Sikhs feel betrayed by the state, as it has failed to deliver justice to the victims of Sikh Genocide of 1984.”

Sikhs-Remembering-Genocide-Lighting-Candles-2-300x225.jpg

Indeed, the collage of memories continue into the present day and commemoration of 1984 matters for Sikhs and non-Sikhs who not only oppose state violence with impunity but are continuing to resist and expose what some interpret to be deflection tactics employed by the Indian Government in India to eclipse the history of 1984. Most disturbingly is when political and / or community leaders attempt to down play, silence or politicize the 1984 atrocities which has the intended or unintended effect of distorting the facts of 1984. What is wrong with academics or human rights activists exposing this Sikh chapter of history to educate the next generation and to prevent further atrocities from reoccurring?

In closing, when others speak out and educate, it empowers and unites people. It gives meaning and so the flames of 1984 and the bodies burned to ashes do come alive again in memory and continue to unfold in the present only to influence the future in a new way.

- Indira Prahst

Sociologist, Vancouver

Memories of 1984 Sikh Genocide and Denial of Justice continue to traumatize and infuriate | SikhSiyasat.net – Sikh News and Multimedia.

Lolzz why dont burst the bubble in a separate thread about Pakistan and TTP terrorists i will happily debate it with you there.

this thread is about genocide of Indian Sikhs in 84 and lack of justice to the victims despite passage of 26 years.

and i am still waiting for your proof against me for your false claims. prove it or apologise for your lies

no, it was important to burst ure bubble right here, since u were making some big claims.

Genocide of Sikhs did happen, not a single Indian has denied and justified it, we all are very sorry for that, justice hasnt been delivered yet, becoz of the flaws in our judicial and democratic system.

but despite all these tear shedding, u have so far failed to provoke the feelings of a single Sikh , probably u need to try harder for this.

Lame statement dude. She can defend herself pretty well.

Govt should be responsible for the people and not the other way around.

Seems like you have problems with the Congress, wait until BJP comes in power. The issue is that religion based vote banks are a dirty game in our politics, but the good thing is that people are shunning religion cards and voting for govts which are progressive and development oriented.

Fact is the govt - ie congress was democratically elected - and was responsible for the murder of innocent Sikh's therefore - the people who vote, and continue to vote for them, are partially responsible for the mass murder.

no, it was important to burst ure bubble right here, since u were making some big claims.

Genocide of Sikhs did happen, not a single Indian has denied and justified it, we all are very sorry for that, justice hasnt been delivered yet, becoz of the flaws in our judicial and democratic system.

but despite all these tear shedding, u have so far failed to provoke the feelings of a single Sikh , probably u need to try harder for this.

nevermind. you can save your ego by stating lies here. that too so much blatant ones which you cant prove

Part in bold is stupid to put mildly.....and nothing but accusations based on assumptions.....though sikhs should get justice it ain't coming any soon and thats the reaity......

Other points I agree on that......

Back
Top Bottom