What's new

MADE IN UAE

@Malik Abdullah
I'm glad you liked the topic bro:cheers:

You are doing an awesome job to gather such useful info ..ive learned alot..thanks to you and others who are running these threads...keep it coming brothers..it always feels good to see Muslim countries making progress in field of science and technology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eclipse USV

12_Serpent_PosterSMALL.png

11_RHIB_PosterSMALL.png

Eclipse is an unmanned surface vessel (USV) produced by Abu Dhabi boat builder Al Seer Marine and 5G International of West Palm Beach, Florida. The vessel was announced at the International Defense Exhibition and Conference (IDEX) in Abu Dhabi in February 2013. The 11 meter monohull craft has a speed in excess of 60 knots, and is driven by a unique hybrid propulsion system. Twin Fiat 500 horsepower N67500 engines Rolls-Royce jets for high speed operations. For slow speed loitering, the USV has a pair of 13kW electric motors.

The USV can be controlled line-of-sight via radio link or over-the-horizon with a satellite link or perform autonomous missions. Eclipse can serve as a surveillance or patrol craft.

view1.php

view1.php

view1.php

SeaSerpent1.jpg

Sea%20Serpent2.JPG

Sea%20Serpent3.JPG

Eclipse Class

phskidex-17.jpg

phskidex-18.jpg

An interesting news from UAE. Several months ago,UAE and some other countries have conducted an exercise for attacking land targets. What is surprised is the one with most hope-F16 did really bad and got the last place,while Rafalae have hitted all four targets in least time

Congrats to UAE brothers... Although, it is not big at the moment but at least the realized the importance of science and technology... This is exactly what all other muslim countries should do... everybody needs to start from somewhere...
I don,t agree with those who say...well,,, all these engineering products are nothing but to tighten screws and simple CKD or montage... Although, being in a position to do from A to Z of an advanced product is something only a few countries are able to do, although, they even prefer to get some techs from other leading countries. UAE is no,1 among all arab countries in terms of correcting their mistakes... they understood the importance of having an skilled intellectual infrastructure so they can reach high edges of science and tech in future... An advanced country in science and tech needs a lot of things to be ready before being able to be a top noch. High quality education, R&D as important as selling raw matterial, creating a skilled work force to be able help them achieve what they need and enough financial resources to back the programs up... Considering the size and population of UAE (only emaratis).... they have no choice but to recruite experts and workers from other countries.. they can achieve no science and tech by their own as their around 1 million citizens are not just enough... UAE has the financial resources , foreign work force and good management,,, all they lack is to found a sciecne and tech software base... all advanced countries in science and tech started as being progresed in theorical matterial... the research papers... then after gaining the know how and science, they can take it to the next level and make it a commercial achievement...

To my eyes the most advanced countries in science and tech in 2050 will be as follow; (in terms of strength and volume of impact on world science and tech)
1- China (with no doubt!!) currently 2th in scientific research output
2- USA (now first)
3- Japan + Germany (now 3th and 4th)
4- Russia + UK + France + South Korea
5- India + Brasil
6- Spain + Iran + Turkey (currently Iran is 16th, Turkey 20th and Spain 12th)
7- Italy + Thiwan + Canada + Australia
8- Israeil + Argentina + Kazakistan + Sweden + South Africa + NZ
9- Indonasia + Malaysia + Thiland + Pakistan + Poland
10- Norway + Swiss + Holland + Ireland and etc

Maybe I,m wrong with my forecast but this is what I see if the current trend persist... We people of ME must be awaken our mentality and think future. Past glory is past... The course of history changed many times with sometimes West being the savage..and east being the advanced..and sometimes the opposite.. I see signs that next time there will be no absolute advanced power in world stage... I see 21th century as an era that many science and tech nations act equally in world progress... We people of Middle east , must know that the time of being blind by religion differences, culture differences, slave master game is far over... We should learn from our mistakes and let the future shine in front of our feet.. The world has changed a lot in a way that most nations have the same level of chance to become advanced... monopoly is not working anymore... We must be fair to achievements and even more fair with out mistakes...
I hate seeing some people in 21th cent still hate people based on religion, sect, race or culture... Those who are the masters of science learned a while ago they need to bypass all these bumps and let their energy be focused on more and more progress in scinece and tech...

I must be frank with the fact that still some of our brothers in Arab and Muslim world, doesn,t get it that they are walking a wrooooong way... some already are awake... Iran, Turkey, Malaysia are the leaders in learning to show to the world what they are made of... others also doing the same but started later.. Indonesia, UAE, Pak and to some extent KSA woke up...so I guess we see a better future for these nations... Some of these nations has better chances as they access to much more resources...some are held back by limitations... but overall, I am very happy to see Muslim nations shine... I have no other wish but to see all Muslim nations from KSA to Pakistan to shine up in world stage in science and tech... and Inchallah we will see that day..

Anyway, I needed to say this... I,m very proud of our UAE brothers with all these achievements...and wish all other muslim nations more and more...

keep going Muslims

UAVs
YABHON UNITED 40

united-40_uavcmwagner3_web.jpg

Overview
UNITED 40 is a Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAV, designed and manufactured by ADCOM Systems for strategic missions including:

• Near real time (NRT) combat assessment
• Battle damage assessment (BDA)
• Intelligence preparation of the battlefield
• Special operations, reconnaissance operations and humanitarian aid
• Border surveillance and communications relay.

The ultra-long endurance of the UNITED 40 comes from its glider-like, high aspect ratio wings. It can carry a gimbaled camera platforms.

Specifications:
Wingspan
20 m 65.61 ft
Length
11.13 m 36.54 ft
Height
4.38 m 14.37 ft
Total lifting area 24.3 sqm 261.56 sqft
Empty weight
520 kg 1146 lb
Max. take-off weight
1500 kg 3306 lb
Payload weight
1000 kg 2204 lb
Fuel tank capacity 900 lt 237 gallon
Power
Hybrid
• Main engine: 115 hp
• Electric power : 80 hp

Flight Performance:
Stall speed 50 km/h [14 m/s] 26 kt
Cruise speed 75-220 km/h [20-60 m/s] 40-120 kt
Endurance 120 hrs
Ceiling 7000 m 23000 ft

Payloads:

• Two gyro-stabilized platforms
• 4 PODs located under wings with 100kg weight capability each
• SAR and sonar terrain avoidance

united-40-500-1.jpg

YABHON SMART EYE 1
3.jpg

Overview

SMART EYE 1 is a high performance UAV optimized for efficient cruise with high aspect-ratio wings and laminar airfoils.
The flying qualities are superb; it is very stable, good turbulence resistance and docile stall.
Climb is excellent, even at a high angle of attack.
Due to the small dimension it can be used as tactical UAV."

pecifications:
Wingspan
4.4 m 14.4 ft
Length
3.26 m 10.7 ft
Height
0.9 m 2.95 ft
Total lifting area 2.4 sqm 25.83 sqft
Fuselage length 3.0 m 9.84 ft
Empty weight
50 kg 110 lb
Max. take-off weight
100 kg 220 lb
Payload weight
20 - 40 kg 44 - 88 lb
Fuel tank capacity 20 lt 5.2 gallon
Power 2 x 17 hp

Flight Performance:
Stall speed 70 km/h [19 m/s] 37 kt
Cruise speed 150 km/h [41 m/s] 80 kt
Endurance 2 hrs
Ceiling 3000 m 9800 ft
smartEye1_main.JPG

YABHON SMART EYE
Specs.png

Overview
SMART EYE is a Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAV, designed and manufactured by ADCOM Systems for strategic missions including:

• Near real time (NRT) combat assessment
• Battle damage assessment (BDA)
• Intelligence preparation of the battlefield
• Special operations, reconnaissance operations and humanitarian aid
• Border surveillance and communications relay
The ultra-long endurance of the SMART EYE comes from its glider-like, high aspect ratio wings. It can carry two gimbaled camera platforms.

Features:

• Full autonomous operation with advanced FCU system
• High glide ratio 30:1
• Mission pre-planning capability, online mission profile update and recording
• Wide range of payload sensors including IR, thermal imager LDRF, and EO sensors
• Retractable, steerable nose wheel for optimal operation
• Capability to update third party SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar)

Specifications
Wingspan
21 m 68.9 ft
Length
7 m 22.97 ft
Height
2 m 6.5 ft
Empty weight
450 kg 992 lb
Max. take-off weight
1000 kg 2205 lb
Payload weight
70 - 550 kg 154 - 1212 lb
Fuel tank capacity 900 lt 237 gallon
Power 80/100/115 hp

Flight Performance
Stall speed 55 km/h [15 m/s] 30 kt
Cruise speed 65-130 km/h [18-36 m/s] 35-70 kt
Maximum speed 222 km/h [62 m/s] 120 kt
Endurance 120 hrs
Ceiling 7300 m 24000 ft

Payload
Wide range of payload sensors including:
• Two gyro-stabilized platforms
• 4 PODs located under wings with 100kg weight capability each
• SAR and sonar terrain avoidance

SE-6.JPG

YABHON-H
Screenshot-yabhon-aludra.png

Overview

YABHON-H is a high performance, efficient canard UAV. YABHON-H uses the very latest aerodynamic technology, high
aspect-ratio double delta wing with laminar airfoils optimized for efficient cruise.

YABHON-H UAV has responsive ailerons, good turbulence resistance, excellent "hands off" stability anddocile stall. Those features make its flying qualities superior.
Climb is excellent even at a high angle of attack. Due to the small dimensions, it can be used as tactical UAV,
launched from shipboard or land with a small conventional launcher system and recovered by parachute.
ctrmyabhonaludramk2uasl.jpg
Good for the UAE. I heard they also made a pistol named the caracal. What is the R and D spending for said country I wonder. Israel has the highest currently.

Caracal CS-308 Rifle – SHOT Show 2014

308.jpg
car 2.jpg
car 3.jpg
car 5.jpg
car 6.jpg
car 8.jpg
car 9.jpg

The rifle is offered in 50 BMG and 338 Lapua Magnum as well.

CS 338

DSC_7710-copy.jpg

CS 50

50a.jpg
Caracal-CS50_rifle.jpg

CS 308 specifications

Muzzle Velocity (m/s) - 900-1000

Effective Range (m) - 600 - 800
Barrel Length (mm) - 720
Barrel Twist Rate (in) - 1:10, 1:11, 1:12
Length (mm) - 1275
Height (mm) - 208