What's new

MADE IN UAE

Is UAE selling off their M-2000s to Egypt for free and most probably Qatar too as they both are looking to buy Rafaels. I think GCC might also help out Egypt in buying South American M-2000s for spares.

Is UAE selling off their M-2000s to Egypt for free and most probably Qatar too as they both are looking to buy Rafaels. I think GCC might also help out Egypt in buying South American M-2000s for spares.

The M2-9's are not going anywhere till at least 2018. A possible upgrade is also being evaluated, to keep them flying till 2030, as an air defence fighter.

The M2-9's are not going anywhere till at least 2018. A possible upgrade is also being evaluated, to keep them flying till 2030, as an air defence fighter.
There have been serious talks with France over the purchase of Rafaels since 5 years to replace the M-2000s and Qatar-UAE is planning to give these to Egypt. This case is similar to mistral, which was first supposed to remain in France, then some says sold to India or may be to KSA; later on Egypt bought it.

There have been serious talks with France over the purchase of Rafaels since 5 years to replace the M-2000s and Qatar-UAE is planning to give these to Egypt. This case is similar to mistral, which was first supposed to remain in France, then some says sold to India or may be to KSA; later on Egypt bought it.

You have me perplexed. Since you seem to know more than I do, do tell me what are we replacing the M2-9's with?

Secondly, do tell me, why are we discussing with Dassault & the french govt. engine, radar and avionics upgrades?

Guess we won't get any Gulf mirages .. , but political ties with Qatar .. plus UAE negotiations with France about Rafale stopped... they will buy more and more f-16 block 60 and 61

Guess we won't get any Gulf mirages .. , but political ties with Qatar .. plus UAE negotiations with France about Rafale stopped... they will buy more and more f-16 block 60 and 61
Any proof for more F-16s? I think UAE has committed towards 80 Blk-60 and may 80 more Blk-61?

You have me perplexed. Since you seem to know more than I do, do tell me what are we replacing the M2-9's with?

Secondly, do tell me, why are we discussing with Dassault & the french govt. engine, radar and avionics upgrades?
The UAE mirages are the worlds most advance mirages, even more advanced than the M-2000-5s. They don't need upgrades at all and even the older ones which they have, are upgraded to M-2000-9s.

UAE Rafale negotiations is still ongoing
Stopped Actually , Along with Brazil ,Singapore , Switzerland and Korea ..Read the article

144765102.png

209408852.png

Arabian Aerospace: May-July 2015 PDF - Military Briefs

let's see then ;)
see what haha , the only country bought Rafale was Egypt and the reasons are known .. others for example like Qatar began negotiations with France before Egypt and yet , they even haven't paid the first patch for Rafale deal :D

UAE want the same for it's f-16s on Rafale , they wanna special upgrades , a unique version .. France won't able to do that due to Production lines , numbers of Rafales being produced yearly (from 11 per year to just 26 in total for the next 5 years, Egyptian deal saved their asses) and in last the specific design of Rafale won't allow it for these too much modifications...

there were talks that gulf will go for Rafale , but again that was wrong , Kuwait and Oman signed for Typhoons with f-18s and f-16s.

Rafale has no future except Egypt.

Back
Top Bottom