What's new

MADE IN UAE

Oh my God bro you just gave me a gift I didnt expect :yay:
Wait until the Dubai Airshow in November we will see a lot of interesting stuff. They will also be showing their missiles at EDEX in Egypt around that time.

I am astonished at their rate of growth they now have hundreds of engineers and working on a lot of new products. 🙂

They should really test these missiles in the Sinai against those terrorists. Live targets are the best targets.

Wait until the Dubai Airshow in November we will see a lot of interesting stuff. They will also be showing their missiles at EDEX in Egypt around that time.

I am astonished at their rate of growth they now have hundreds of engineers and working on a lot of new products. 🙂

They should really test these missiles in the Sinai against those terrorists. Live targets are the best targets.

The missile hasnt been tested yet, maybe Indonesian Aerospace (PTDI) cruise missile program can test their cruise missile sooner as the target to get military certificate is in 2024 ( although I am sceptical in this part).

The test using other design made by Lapan has actually been done for quite long time (using EDF and rocket booster)

Last edited:
The missile hasnt been tested yet, maybe Indonesian cruise missile program can test their cruise missile sooner as the target to get military certificate is in 2024 ( although I am sceptical in this part).

The test using other design made by Lapan has actually been done for quite long time (using EDF and rocket booster)
They have 5-10 projects under development publically including 2 kamikaze UAVs, short range ALCM/GLCM, a micro munition for quadcopters, anti ship cruise missile, license producing LOGIR. We will see more projects at the Dubai Airshow that I will cover on this forum.

New missile from a Halcon video that in my opinion will be similar to the JSOW or JASSM.

Screenshot_20210922-153725_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210922-152707_YouTube.jpg

In production they have 3 variants of a LJDAM type bomb, and 3 micro munitions for UAVs.

I hope UAE and Indonesia can collabarate in the future.

They have 5-10 projects under development publically including 2 kamikaze UAVs, short range ALCM/GLCM, a micro munition for quadcopters, anti ship cruise missile, license producing LOGIR. We will see more projects at the Dubai Airshow that I will cover on this forum.

That damn show can't come soon enough, bro. Looking forward to you moderating that thread. With your knowledge of all systems in the UAE, we'll all learn quite a bit. One thing I'm interested to see is if they display a static UAE F-35. Now that would be the way to turn heads even though that aircraft is a fluff dud, lol.

New missile from a Halcon video that in my opinion will be similar to the JSOW or JASSM.

View attachment 781188

View attachment 781190

In production they have 3 variants of a LJDAM type bomb, and 3 micro munitions for UAVs.

I hope UAE and Indonesia can collabarate in the future.

Well if collaboration comes true it will likely create huge sales IMO. Particularly I believe Indonesia defense budget and its domestic bank capability to offer loan for defense acquisition will be greater in 2025 and beyond inshaAllah. While UAE has already had huge defense budget since some years ago.

I expect the collaboration on missile can happen in next administration, particularly if we can do successful Anti ship cruise missile test during 2022-2024 period. So the partnership will be like between equal capable companies

That damn show can't come soon enough, bro. Looking forward to you moderating that thread. With your knowledge of all systems in the UAE, we'll all learn quite a bit.
I think we may see a UCAV possibly, if you think it would be a very useful platform for integration of locally made missiles.

Desert Sting, Nasef, Shadow 25 and 50 and possibly a MK 81 Thunder if the UAV is big enough

They were developing electromechanical servos for a UAV which were shown at IDEX and that's a bit suspicious especially the landing gear servos. They also recently hired a UAV test pilot with 20+ years of experience just this month.

20210930_212616.jpg

One thing I'm interested to see is if they display a static UAE F-35. Now that would be the way to turn heads even though that aircraft is a fluff dud, lol.
I think LM will show a scale model but not a static model.

The aircraft is quite potent but the restrictions on it are unfortunate.

Last edited:
Definitely looking forward to seeing those and the stealthy missile.
Biggest upside of the Shadow 50 and 25 is their video datalink for GPS denied environments. 120-140 km range for the Shadow 50 and 250km range for the Shadow 25. They were already undergoing flight tests before IDEX so production can be too far off.

I'm sure a lot of experience from Libya and Yemen was put into their designs. If things heat up in Libya again and the UAE is involved expect these to be used a lot.

As far as the stealthy missile goes it may be quite small, as the wings look very thin and not wide enough to be something like the JASSM, or Storm Shadow.

Imo it is probably a mini cruise missile using the indigenous 1kn turbojet whhich means weight might be 300-400kg.

Last edited:
Biggest upside of the Shadow 50 and 25 is their video datalink for GPS denied environments. 120-140 km range for the Shadow 50 and 250km range for the Shadow 25. They were already undergoing flight tests before IDEX so production can be too far off.

I'm sure a lot of experience from Libya and Yemen was put into their designs. If things heat up in Libya again and the UAE is involved expect these to be used a lot.

That's really great. So awesome to see an Arab country move forward in this field with such aggressiveness and success which hopefully will show up even more in the field. The best part will see other Arab countries gain from this success, be it through purchases or learning and imitating. The former would be great for countries like Egypt since several of those weapons are prohibited in some manner or the other, and the UAE would probably not succumb to outside pressure to not sell certain platforms which would benefit Egypt and other Arab countries.

UAE Mirages will become lethal strike machines with the addition of SmartGlider the joint MBDA-UAE development, and future Halcon missiles.

Nasef-S120 will be useful for when heavy Standoff weapon saturation is needed and can fit every hardpoint.

The new stealthy cruise missile/glide weapon will complement the Storm Shadows with a platform that can be mass produced in large numbers. It will be effective at taking out fortified targets especially with a terminal IR or man in the loop seeker.

There could be a possibility the HAS-250 is integrated with the Mirages if modified and adapted to be lighter. It would give them a HUGE upgrade over the Exocets and give them the capability to take out ships in the 5-7k tonnage class.

Following months of trials and testing, SIGN4L's NavControl-G has been proven to operate and safeguard sensitive areas at broad dynamic range.

Driven by innovation, HALCON boasts autonomous technology capabilities in areas including guidance and control, navigation, aerodynamic design, weapon flight control computers, and servo systems.

1634141066241.png

The #HALCON AntiShip-250 (HAS-250) cruise missile is a #UAE-designed and developed surface-to-surface weapon that is capable of travelling at speeds of up to 0.8 Mach, with a range of up to 250Km. During its terminal phase, it can fly towards its target at a sea-skimming altitude of between 5-10m.

By the second half of this decade, the UAE will be designing and producing a complete range of air-to-ground, airto- air, naval, and ground-launched airborne weapon systems, with its own proprietary technology. This progress is set to place the Gulf nation on a par with a select group of states that have this capability within their borders.

So far, HALCON’s products are unpropelled and gravity-launched, albeit with sophisticated guidance technology, but Al Mansoori suggests that innovations are afoot that will take HALCON into entirely new segments of the aerial munitions market. “Next year, we are looking into propelled air-to-ground weapons,” he says. “By 2024 we hope to demonstrate a ground-to-air capability and by 2025 air-to-air. We are putting into place building blocks that will take us there.”

@Gomig-21 @The SC
Very interesting especially the air to air comment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom