What's new

Lt. Gen. Zubair Mahmood Hayat appointed new Dir. of strategic plans division

Supposedly, during the 2001 standoff.. an Indian General motivated his troops by assuring them that they were not fighting a professional army but rather property dealers.

hmm, how does it help? Even in their army side commissions have big role. It's just the nature of the job in the region. Armies are considered to have powerful clout, Pakistan, more so.

hmm, how does it help? Even in their army side commissions have big role. It's just the nature of the job in the region. Armies are considered to have powerful clout, Pakistan, more so.

Not completely. And their Army does not deal in property nor operates like a corporation.
Thankfully, professionals do exist in our army(much less than theirs though).. and the battle between ensuring fighting ability and those only out for personal gain goes on behind closed doors.

Not completely. And their Army does not deal in property nor operates like a corporation.
Thankfully, professionals do exist in our army(much less than theirs though).. and the battle between ensuring fighting ability and those only out for personal gain goes on behind closed doors.

Neither does ours ! :unsure:

The blokes who look after the business interest of the Army which are there fore the Welfare of retired Servicemen are looked after by retired servicemen and civilians !

Neither does ours ! :unsure:

The blokes who look after the business interest of the Army which are there fore the Welfare of retired Servicemen are looked after by retired servicemen and civilians !

Im sure, guess all the Jarnails welfare is really important.

Im sure, guess all the Jarnails welfare is really important.

I wrote my thesis on one of their organizations - That General Sahib looking at the Tanks on one hand and Tankers on the other is really a pretty erroneous perception !

Supposedly, during the 2001 standoff.. an Indian General motivated his troops by assuring them that they were not fighting a professional army but rather property dealers.

Property dealers can be lethal too. They might form a kabza group and sell the land on the other side...Who knows.

That Gwadar scandal of buying low and selling high - inside info...Story goes long way!

Its a national dilemma. Lack of adequate check and balances are disastrous for any country.

I think with laws enforced and salaries dramatically increased, the situation can be controlled.

I wrote my thesis on one of their organizations - That General Sahib looking at the Tanks on one hand and Tankers on the other is really a pretty erroneous perception !

I know businessmen who do business with MANY of their branches, there is NOTHING done while serving on their own names. And kickbacks are on cash dropped in the accounts of family members. After all, there are those honest ones who will order an inquiry if a Brig suddenly gets a cheque of Rs 300000.

Off course, for smaller contracts..Iphones and Galaxy S5s will suffice. One deal is about to happen like this this very week.

Ay watan ke "commissioned" jawano...

They are Pakistanis, all of them at the end. Military or not. Fraud, Corruption, Thievery is in their blood now.
Yours and mine too.

Property dealers can be lethal too. They might form a kabza group and sell the land on the other side...Who knows.

That Gwadar scandal of buying low and selling high - inside info...Story goes long way!

Its a national dilemma. Lack of adequate check and balances are disastrous for any country.

I think with laws enforced and salaries dramatically increased, the situation can be controlled.

Its wrong to equate the entire military as that, yet it is also morally ignorant to say that its a rare thing. It is not. That myth that was enforced by ex servicemen trying to defend their employer gets busted the minute you land into Business. Try getting a cheque cleared out of the CMA using the proper route.

I know businessmen who do business with MANY of their branches, there is NOTHING done while serving on their own names. And kickbacks are on cash dropped in the accounts of family members. After all, there are those honest ones who will order an inquiry if a Brig suddenly gets a cheque of Rs 300000.

Off course, for smaller contracts..Iphones and Galaxy S5s will suffice. One deal is about to happen like this this very week.

They are Pakistanis, all of them at the end. Military or not. Fraud, Corruption, Thievery is in their blood now.
Yours and mine too.

Yaraa kick-backs is a different thing; even the Indian Military machine is rampant with that & judging by the scale of the reporting where a number of firms were blacklisted its more than us !

I thought you were talking about their business establishments like fertilizer manufacturers etc. - That seemed legit throughout my study of them and the military wasn't interfering over there in anyway !

And I would die before I commit fraud ! :mad:

Quaid-e-Azam ka betaaa hooon ! :smokin:

Yours and mine too.

Its wrong to equate the entire military as that, yet it is also morally ignorant to say that its a rare thing. It is not. That myth that was enforced by ex servicemen trying to defend their employer gets busted the minute you land into Business. Try getting a cheque cleared out of the CMA using the proper route.

Of course it is naive to judge everyone with the same stick. There are professional and competent people and there are corrupt and incompetent people.

I did not get a chance to hang out with the "commission jawans" as much as with the air force jawans.

Boy I get jealous when I visit their Islamabad shenanigans.

I can only dream what the inner jernails do. And play with.

Also burykats (bureaucrats) do not keep a lot of things in their names. My own family is a prime example. They keep things under their siblings, children and maybe wife's name.

When I was a child I used to think the guy was so cool. Closet full of smartphones. Realized later on what the true story was.

Last edited:
Yaraa kick-backs is a different thing; even the Indian Military machine is rampant with that & judging by the scale of the reporting where a number of firms were blacklisted its more than us !

I thought you were talking about their business establishments like fertilizer manufacturers etc. - That seemed legit throughout my study of them and the military wasn't interfering over there in anyway !

And I would die before I commit fraud ! :mad:

Quaid-e-Azam ka betaaa hooon ! :smokin:

I only heard this once I stepped into the Business world here.. a fellow for a government contract referred to "Fatima ke Bhai" requirement. I stood dumbfounded till I realized he was referring to Rupees and the Quaids face on them. :o:

What is a kickback? It is favouritism, it is dishonesty, it is corruption.. it is fraud with the country and traitorship. But then, we dont consider ourselves belonging to this land but rather the land belonging to us. The Indians have a LOT more checks and balances than we have.

And you will be a Corrupt Bhatta one day.. paying off patwaris for land and getting lucrative sunflowerseed deals for your Bhatta Oil plant in which you will mix the Sunflower oil with used motor oil, then you will sell this to orphanages by buying their owners Samsooon LED Tvs(which only have 640 x 480 resolution but are labelled 1080p HD).

Of course it is naive to judge everyone with the same stick. There are professional and competent people and there are corrupt and incompetent people.

I did not get a chance to hang out with the "commission jawans" as much as with the air force jawans.

Boy I get jealous when I visit their Islamabad shenanigans.

I can only dream what the inner jernails do. And play with.

Also burykats (bureaucrats) do not keep a lot of things in their names. My own family is a prime example. They keep things under their siblings, children and maybe wife's name.

When I was a child I used to think the guy was so cool. Closet full of smartphones. Realized later on what the true story was.

Bureaucrats are the worst...but they have someone you can push them with. A General is a God among us mere mortals.

I only heard this once I stepped into the Business world here.. a fellow for a government contract referred to "Fatima ke Bhai" requirement. I stood dumbfounded till I realized he was referring to Rupees and the Quaids face on them. :o:

What is a kickback? It is favouritism, it is dishonesty, it is corruption.. it is fraud with the country and traitorship. But then, we dont consider ourselves belonging to this land but rather the land belonging to us. The Indians have a LOT more checks and balances than we have.

And you will be a Corrupt Bhatta one day.. paying off patwaris for land and getting lucrative sunflowerseed deals for your Bhatta Oil plant in which you will mix the Sunflower oil with used motor oil, then you will sell this to orphanages by buying their owners Samsooon LED Tvs(which only have 640 x 480 resolution but are labelled 1080p HD).

Quaid key bareiii mein isss tarhaan kisss kameeneiii nei kahaa ? :mad:

I once fought with my Uncle when he said something disparaging about the Quaid - Far too touchy about the Father of us all ! :kiss3:

Aur mein nei kabiii sifarish pei internship nahin key (aur bohat internships kar leiiin hain abbb tukk) tou corrupt Bhataa kahaan sehhh ? :pissed:

Bureaucrats are the worst...but they have someone you can push them with. A General is a God among us mere mortals.

Agreed. The only indication that will lead to transformation is when the mafia head is punished. Until than, everything about accountability is BS.

The problem lies with the colonial mentality among the jernails combined with cozy relationship with Pentagon from the days of Ayub Khan. Amrikans were interested to pursue their objectives and just like any power, it serves them the best when the local elite is corrupt. (From African slave trade to the current day examples). Many before that too.

Quaid key bareiii mein isss tarhaan kisss kameeneiii nei kahaa ? :mad:

I once fought with my Uncle when he said something disparaging about the Quaid - Far too touchy about the Father of us all ! :kiss3:

Aur mein nei kabiii sifarish pei internship nahin key (aur bohat internships kar leiiin hain abbb tukk) tou corrupt Bhataa kahaan sehhh ? :pissed:

Corruption is in the air. Its like the flu.. sooner or later you catch it.

Agreed. The only indication that will lead to transformation is when the mafia head is punished. Until than, everything about accountability is BS.

The problem lies with the colonial mentality among the jernails combined with cozy relationship with Pentagon from the days of Ayub Khan. Amrikans were interested to pursue their objectives and just like any power, it serves them the best when the local elite is corrupt. (From African slave trade to the current day examples). Many before that too.

Nope,the mafia head being punished will only allow another to take its place. It has to be a total cleanup the likes of Mao's great purge. Heck I could be in those crosshairs as well. Perhaps something better will come, perhaps worse.. but its better than no change at all or "tabdeeli" tsunamis that just block traffic.

Corruption is in the air. Its like the flu.. sooner or later you catch it.

Nope,the mafia head being punished will only allow another to take its place. It has to be a total cleanup the likes of Mao's great purge. Heck I could be in those crosshairs as well. Perhaps something better will come, perhaps worse.. but its better than no change at all or "tabdeeli" tsunamis that just block traffic.

You are far more violent in thoughts. Which I like. :-)

You are far more violent in thoughts. Which I like. :-)

I am just another face in the crowd to which I belong. And this is all just one big happy crowd(of Pathans, Hazaras, Punjabis, Sindhis, Balochis, Seraikis, Makranis, Mohajirs..and so on... along with a Bhatta.. Haven't seen a Pakistani in this crowd yet.. they seem to have died out or devolved).

Back
Top Bottom