What's new

Lt. Gen. Zubair Mahmood Hayat appointed new Dir. of strategic plans division

I only heard this once I stepped into the Business world here.. a fellow for a government contract referred to "Fatima ke Bhai" requirement. I stood dumbfounded till I realized he was referring to Rupees and the Quaids face on them. :o:

What is a kickback? It is favouritism, it is dishonesty, it is corruption.. it is fraud with the country and traitorship. But then, we dont consider ourselves belonging to this land but rather the land belonging to us. The Indians have a LOT more checks and balances than we have.

And you will be a Corrupt Bhatta one day.. paying off patwaris for land and getting lucrative sunflowerseed deals for your Bhatta Oil plant in which you will mix the Sunflower oil with used motor oil, then you will sell this to orphanages by buying their owners Samsooon LED Tvs(which only have 640 x 480 resolution but are labelled 1080p HD).

Bureaucrats are the worst...but they have someone you can push them with. A General is a God among us mere mortals.

Sir the latest AgustaWestland scam in India shows that even their top people are lining up their pockets. So are those who get contracts for Russian firms. And then let's not even go into LCA, where all the money went. Seems like it just vaporised.

If you work for a federal paying job in Pakistan and you don't take these routes, the system will weed you out. Those who resist never go far ahead and retire with their heads down, expecting the pensions would save the old age, and those who go far don't really care for national interest. It's just a shame.

I have tons of buddies from school whose daddys were one/two star (even some of my own relatives) jernails. They all went abroad for studies paying full tuition fees. Now tell me how the fack does a general pay 40-60 lakh rupees per year for his kid's education abroad? Makes me hate the armed forces then.

My dad works for a private corporation. Any gifts he gets on his work related trips abroad have to be submitted to the office. If the value of the gift is deemed less than 2000 rupees, he gets to keep it. If not, then he can't keep it. It gets auctioned off and the proceeds go to a CSR fund. Why can't the Army put in a system like this? Oh yes, no accountability. 40 years Raj kiya hai akhir Army nai.

These generals haven't seen war for a long time, maybe they should, just to see if their competency justifies their lifestyle.

These generals haven't seen war for a long time, maybe they should, just to see if their competency justifies their lifestyle.

You know what.. maybe they should.:-)

On second thought though.. I'd feel bad for the common trooper and the junior folks(who have not yet been tainted by the disease in the system).. those guys are lions.. would be sad to have them lay down their lives(or their weapons).

I am just another face in the crowd to which I belong. And this is all just one big happy crowd(of Pathans, Hazaras, Punjabis, Sindhis, Balochis, Seraikis, Makranis, Mohajirs..and so on... along with a Bhatta.. Haven't seen a Pakistani in this crowd yet.. they seem to have died out or devolved).

Nation building is a science with an artistic touch.

I think we lack both skills to begin with.

@Oscar heard of Ex Corps Commander General Zarrar Zamin? :D

for those who are wondering

Army Scr*wing Army « PKPolitics Discuss

Ever heard of the difference in budget for R&D in this threads topic versus the budget for the Motor Pool?

Me neither :-)

@Oscar heard of Ex Corps Commander General Zarrar Zamin? :D

for those who are wondering

Army Scr*wing Army « PKPolitics Discuss

Oh yeah.. Those Chouhan guys were walking into the offices of every other off in the Lahore Div during his tenure. A Plot here and a plot there.

I think the jernails will be able to conquer the world if shown the bull flag (prime property location). Adversary should be fearful of that more so than a loosing battle.

You know what.. maybe they should.:-)

On second thought though.. I'd feel bad for the common trooper and the junior folks(who have not yet been tainted by the disease in the system).. those guys are lions.. would be sad to have them lay down their lives(or their weapons).

Agreed fully. I fully support my soldiers and troops and all those officers commissioned or NCOs who actually fight on the front line and literally take the bullet. They leave their families behind and pay the ultimate price.

The problem is that in order for you to reach Brigade level or above, you have to chaploosify or you'll retire as a major. There are few good general sahibs as well, but not many. It's a culture now. This superiority complex needs to be taken away, and army told that their place is in barracks or the front line. Not in DHA.

Think about it, DHA karachi is one of the most posh areas, yet doesn't have a proper drainage system. Now what kind of a civil engineer thinks and designs like that? My dad always say, beta jee, Army men are taught not to think. Because thinking is not their job. It's the job for civilians. But i guess here it's a different world altogether.

All that being said, the thread topic in question has recently some better blood injected into it along its ranks and corruption has reduced within it.

Ever heard of the difference in budget for R&D in this threads topic versus the budget for the Motor Pool?

Me neither :-)

Oh yeah.. Those Chouhan guys were walking into the offices of every other off in the Lahore Div during his tenure. A Plot here and a plot there.

I hate when he was let off the hook, Posted back to GHQ for some desk job. Though General sent to clean up his mess punished only major and couple of low ranks along with bloody civilians. General got a get out of jail free card and now a days enjoy being a Chief executive of Murree brewery

Last edited:
All that being said, the thread topic in question has recently some better blood injected into it along its ranks and corruption has reduced within it.

Was that because the general has some character or because checks are finally in place?

Well I doubt it. Too early to say.

Lets see as time passes.

I hate when he was let off the hook, Posted back to GHQ for some desk job. Though General sent to clean up his mess punished only major and couple of low ranks along with bloody civilians. General got a get out of jail free card and now a days enjoy being a Cief executive of Murree brewery

Like I said, the whole problem with the Musharraf case is NOT Musharraf.. its that a General is being tried..
I mean how DARE we??

A Hundred Zardaris or Haqqanis need to hang.. Civilians need to pay lots of commission,. before there is even talk of touching the brass shoulder pads.

Or perhaps the Mahdi may be allowed to try any Brass.. even in that case the Jury must be selected by those that shall not be named and the Mahdi may be gifted a plot in DHA to do the bidding.

I hate when he was let off the hook, Posted back to GHQ for some desk job. Though General sent to clean up his mess punished only major and couple of low ranks along with bloody civilians. General got a get out of jail free card and now a days enjoy being a Cief executive of Murree brewery

Allah ko Jawab dena hai sir ji, sharaab khaney main laga hai uncale. Sab saamne aaeyga kia hua.

Allah ko Jawab dena hai sir ji, sharaab khaney main laga hai uncale. Sab saamne aaeyga kia hua.

May be General Sahab believe in, "Make sharab and Shabab, not war"

May be General Sahab believe in, "Make sharab and Shabab, not war"

:D

Shabaab aur Sharaab. The amount of alcohol that is rampant in the top brass is mind numbing, and these are our defenders? The upper echelon of society, in the end you and I can only have solace in Allah's justice. Pakistan has failed us. Pretty much.

Back
Top Bottom