What's new

Life of Sikhs and Hindus in Pakistan.

I have been to Nankana sahib before in 2001. It was a weird experience, the visit to the site itself was fine however our Pakistani coach driver said it wouldn't be safe too walk the streets with a turban on and some people did make a few comments. I hope the situation has improved.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=516356258424310[/video]

Thanks for being so honest. :) No country is perfect.

So should we start new thread named life of Muslims in India???

I used to live in Southern Sindh. Had alot of Hindus & Christians in & around my area, had few Christians & a Hindu among my close friends. Never met a Sikh in that part of Pakistan though.

The place where I live in Lahore had much Christians and I have many of them as my friend. There are many Christian friends working with me in my office. No problem with me.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=516356258424310[/video]

So should we start new thread named life of Muslims in India???
No need to get so defensive, no one is attacking Pakistan. If you want too know how Muslims in Pakistan live then ask the many Indian Muslims on this forum.

No need to get so defensive, no one is attacking Pakistan. If you want too know how Muslims in Pakistan live then ask the many Indian Muslims on this forum.

And how do we knows that the one sitting behind the screen is really a Muslim or not?

am sure hindus and sikhs are happy in pakistan.. else they would have left ...

We hear a lot of stories about how Sikhs and Hindus live in Pakistan like this:
UNITED SIKHS
Hindu girl rescued in Pakistan, four kidnappers killed
But can Pakistani members enlighten us on how minorities actually live in Pakistan. Can they reach the higher tiers of Pakistani society or will there religion will always be pulled into question? I have always wanted to know this so I would really appreciate responses from Pakistani members. :)

Pakistan is a hellhole for minorities. Sikhs are a very small minority so they obviously face less persecution. Sikhs from Khyber Pakhtunwa province have been forced to leave their homes and seek refuge in Punjab.
Hindus faced the brunt of violence specially because of relations between India & Pakistan. Majority of Hindus are from Sindh. They are mostly very very poor farmers.

My grandfather completed his graduation in Dehradun & did his first job as teacher in Lahore than he moved to Sindh for some months & just before the Partition came back safely........ He was active member of congress of that time.... He used to say Sindh is best place for hindus to live in Pakistan becoz muslim in Sindh are more friendlier than anywhere else in Pakistan..........

Pakistan is a hellhole for minorities. Sikhs are a very small minority so they obviously face less persecution. Sikhs from Khyber Pakhtunwa province have been forced to leave their homes and seek refuge in Punjab.
Hindus faced the brunt of violence specially because of relations between India & Pakistan. Majority of Hindus are from Sindh. They are mostly very very poor farmers.

No one is safe in KPK, but its easy to re settle few sikhs then millions of muslims from KPK.

No one is safe in KPK, but its easy to re settle few sikhs then millions of muslims from KPK.

I agree but we are talking about minorities being targeted for their faith.

Then you are moving into a completely different topic. The Indian Muslims have been on PDF for a long time and are highly respected so its unlikely to be false.

Well i won't reply any further as the thread is about Pakistani Hindus & Sikhs but i will only add that any where on internet i will not get fooled by any one who is claiming what religious beliefs he follows. I've met some indian muslims here in US & based on that my perception is developed.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom