What's new

Life in Pakistan in the eye of a Vietnamese

Pakistan is currently not homogenous, look at the massive cultural differences between the provinces.
yh but i think it should end there, technically thats controlled diversity given we share a lot of history and them being our neighbours, but honestly idk about you but i dont my home areas to be filled with blacks or whites or something that refuse to integrate, have their own customs, language, possibly hate locals and declare their own areas as belonging to their ethnic group.

In my opinion people with strong ethnic identities and deep history can't just integrate into another country, for example in america, african american integrate slightly better but thats due to the historical linkage and their weak ethnic identity, europeans because of the white connection, but then Chinese, Indian, Afghan, Pakistani still remain quite distinct.

They dont blend in at all. imagine they overrtake population of whites. your country would eventually be gone, theyd rename it, change the culture, language, history to their own lmao.

While one can argue that Punjabi commands strength, it also sounds barbaric and paindu at the same time.

A lot of them got slaughtered by Sikhs of Indian Punjab while trying to enter Pakistan. Perhaps this influenced me to adopt a Pakistani identity and try to distance myself from the Punjabi identity.
this is a pacifist thought even though partition was a lot more brutal for Muslim Punjabis however with God's blessing we are thriving and have kept the authentic Punjabi culture alive more so than Indian Punjabis. Sikh Population is dwindling half of them are running off to the western world to save themselves whilst leaving their land behind for outsiders to capture.

Even if all the Punjabis get absorbed into a pacifist qoum like urdustanis Gujratis will keep our virsa alive

Mix of Indian campaigns on the internet targeting us as second coming of Taliban and association with Afghanistan after 9/11, terrorism didn't help either

People around the globe are actually clueless about Pakistani society, hell even our neighbors rely on tropes

Only Afghans truly know Pakistani society as they can travel to Pakistan and experience it
I too know this, but I was asking that question from @Viet because he is the member of this forum since 2012 which mean he is having online interaction with Pakistani members for more 10+ years .... so that was the reason I was interested to know his POV

Last edited:
That's very rude. Vietnamese sounds very raw like Tagalog and Punjabi, it lacks the gentleness of Mandarin, Korean or Japanese. For example, Urdu sounds very gentle and elegant, unlike Punajbi which sounds raw af and casual.

And Sindhi too. I don't like the sound of it typically, although it depends alot on the individual Sindhi who speaks it. Even though I am partly of Sindhi heritage.

She married to a Pakistan man, living between Japan, Pakistan and Vietnam.

Thank you for sharing.

She is a gorgeous woman, and we really appreciate her videos about Pakistan. Hope she enjoys being in Pakistan.

They have a very cute girl child (Masha ALLAH).

I too know this, but I was asking that question from @Viet because he is the member of this forum since 2012 which mean he is having online interaction with Pakistani members for more 10+ years .... so that was the reason I was interested to know his POV
Pakistan is an Islamic republic. Same as iran. People would assume headscarf is a must. Honestly, Vietnamese know little to nothing about Pakistan. India is more well known because of its culture influence on south east Asia. The west mostly reports negative views on Pakistan. Personally I know Pakistan only from the coworkers I am working with in our companies.

About this forum if about Pakistan I am more interested of military, technology, political views and progress. Less about social and other aspects.

Same as iran
I think we can not turn this assumption in the mind of common people around the glob .... some people think of us extension of Iran or KSA or even Afghanistan due to our religious and cultural links
Pakistan is an Islamic republic. Same as iran. People would assume headscarf is a must. Honestly, Vietnamese know little to nothing about Pakistan. India is more well known because of its culture influence on south east Asia. The west mostly reports negative views on Pakistan. Personally I know Pakistan only from the coworkers I am working with in our companies.

About this forum if about Pakistan I am more interested of military, technology, political views and progress. Less about social and other aspects.
Yeah I can understand u ....

Back
Top Bottom