What's new

Life in Pakistan in the eye of a Vietnamese

I can't believe some people take idiots like this clown seriously who have no knowledge on language history and development.

Shahmukhi script isn't prioritized which becomes a problem. In Canada and abroad, Punjabi translations end up being in Gurmukhi script, despite most Punjabi is spoken in Pakistan.

This thinking is a result of generations of indoctrination by the British and their Urdu-proponent heirs.

Language demonization is a common step by colonialists/imperialists.

The Mughals made up the myth that Pashto was the "language of jinns" LOL.

urdustanis

What's urdustani?

Last edited:
Btw I don't agree with a separate Karachi province

Why?

It would break Karachi from the shackles of PPP.

You haven’t heard me speaking. When I speak Punjabi with my older Pakistani boss at the office, the white people look visibly distraught and don’t believe us when we tell them we’re not fighting. :lol:

I know a couple Pakistani Punjabi women that speak it, they don't sound like they are "fighting" but their bass and tone of voice gets deeper.

With Urdu that doesn't happen.

Whereas subcontinental farsi is quite different both in syntax, style and pronunciation

Isn't that called "Dari"

I fully support Indus nationalism, but promoting it will be very difficult

Indus Nationalism doesn't really apply to Pashtuns or Baloch.

A year ago so many retarded Pakistanis were making fun of Egyptians for celebrating their ancient Egyptian heritage during their military parade.

Under Sisi, Egyptian nationalism has eclipsed Arab nationalism.

Shahmukhi script isn't prioritized which becomes a problem. In Canada and abroad, Punjabi translations end up being in Gurmukhi script, despite most Punjabi is spoken in Pakistan.

Language demonization is a common step by colonialists/imperialists.

The Mughals made up the myth that Pashto was the "language of jinns" LOL.

What's urdustani?
Before blasting me do note that I am simply being the devil's advocate here. The more languages a nation has the more susceptible it is to disunity.

Before blasting me do note that I am simply being the devil's advocate here. The more languages a nation has the more susceptible it is to disunity.

India is more united than Pakistan and they have 20+ official languages.

The only reason why India is more united than Pakistan is economic prosperity. China was more united than both India and Pakistan when its economy was dogsh*t.

My Uncle lived in Ho Chi Minh city in 2004-2006. It shared a lot of parallels with Karachi according to him. Also you could easily have mistaken Ho Chi Minh City for Karachi's Southern district.

The only reason why India is more united than Pakistan is economic prosperity. China was more united than both India and Pakistan when its economy was dogsh*t.
China is a different case compared to Pakistan and India. It is extremely homogeneous with 90% being Han Chinese.

Last edited:
Said it on another thread but:

Pakistan is ripe for cultural invasion because of its inferiority complex and lack of ability to project its indigenous cultures.

To them being educated is copying liberal India or the liberal west. They can't just simply be educated and accept their own identity and its more conservative nature.

If a powerful central identity is not built that is domestically dominant, slowly the above is going to creep in and erode the little sense of Pakistaniyat there is.
:tup:

India has a North and South divide.

It uses the Indic umbrella as well as British colonialism as unifying identity. Dravidians in the south make up a smaller population.

On the other hand, Pakistan has a Western and Eastern divide. (Iranic, Indo-Aryan)

@_NOBODY_ and yeah I agree with you, economic decline brings out the flaws in your foundation very easily. Pakistan's lack of a strong central unifying identity will always be highlighted during economic crisis and political crisis.

Whereas on the other hand, political stability and economic stability brush it under the carpet. (Imran Khan)

What central identity do you seek?
This very notion is hollow... it reeks ignorance and subordination! Something greater that you and masses must submit to... why?

If you're comfortable in your skin with what and where you're born ... do you really want to superimpose... greatness? Is that it?

In fact you are a clear case study of a person who looks elsewhere for an answer except inward. People on solid foundation don't seek fleeting grounds they're always shifting.

There are like anywhere else ... shortcomings and only people grounded in their reality will identify and correct them... because those who larp others will keep shifting themselves to ever-changing circumstances of their protagonists... unrelated of course to their personal discourse and discovery.

U.S. had multiple European dialects die over the past couple of centuries just because they were not English and the course... an adopted one was always that, English. Hence the melting pot. But Europe didn't loose it's languages after U.S. ... so how or why a people would choose to eradicate themselves, their history, language and culture with their own hands... just by looking and impersonating others ... those whom they perceive better then themselves.
So, it is not about some trash argument as about Afghan supremacy and thus feeling impacted by the rhetoric... it reflects on your own grounding and self perception. Not of anyone else!
Interesting.

What is a nation? This is the question everyone should be asking.

And then the question is, how closely does Pakistan fit that description? @_NOBODY_

In my opinion a nation is a group of people with shared history, language, history, religion, and view themselves as as similar in characteristics. The further away from this directly correlates to instability.

Pakistan if we are being is 4-5 nations. 2-3 at the very least. Hence the confederation label and 18th amendment.

Before I answer your point just simply explain to me what does it mean to be a Pakistani?

If it feels that way... I wasn't aiming to corner you or put you on the spot.

You could answered right from your gut or perhaps what you felt right.
Culture is essentially your, adaptation observation/reflection, on, your surroundings/environment.
A Pakistani could be anyone in that geographic area or conforming to certain ideals, a defined individual. Later would be a tyranny and former, it's own man!

Going by what I have written previously... most people have a tendency of top down implementation of certain code a la western model. It automatically assumes a lower self worth and esteem and buys into a built in notion ... conformity.

Yes, so go on...

Last edited:
In your interpretation of hierarchy of things that make a nation...

Where do the boundaries, specifically ones set up by a former colonial master stand? Or, using their institutions, language, implementation of laws, a political entity whose discourse lies with it's master, stratification of social order between worker and a master class ... where native masses do not align?
All of the above is in complete ignorance, interest or input from local masses.
How would you implement a state on them... when they're not even factored in the process.
It is in such fog and state of confusion that puppet masters keep running the affairs while keeping it overly dramatic and charged.

P.S. I'm having trouble posting as the site keeps on scrambling my posts.
Interesting.

What is a nation? This is the question everyone should be asking.

And then the question is, how closely does Pakistan fit that description? @_NOBODY_

In my opinion a nation is a group of people with shared history, language, history, religion, and view themselves as as similar in characteristics. The further away from this directly correlates to instability.

Pakistan if we are being is 4-5 nations. 2-3 at the very least. Hence the confederation label and 18th amendment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom