What's new

Life in Indian cities in Colonial Era/20th century-in Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx to the great mughals that india progressed so much now look what has happened of them...

thanx to the great mughals that india progressed so much now look what has happened of them...

Are you kidding me ? All mughal rulers except Akbar were greedy idiots who didn't care about the local people. They were brutal , ruthless and intolerant. I don't even know why we Indians respect them so much. Actually , i'm glad that British came and put an end to that rubbish. What did they do in the 300 years except build the Taj Mahal and brutally cutting off the hands of those who built it? You might have love for them because they were muslim but we don't see any reason to respect them. The british looted the country , like the mughals but atleast introduced infrastructure such as roads and rails , introduced education and tried to fight social evils. Most importantly , they united the country and they are one of the reason why india is not 28 different countries. Really think about it , what did the mughals do for india and pakistan except just occupying them? Any scientific progress ? Any education given ?

Many empires in India gave it stability, not just the Mughals.

And please look at the condition of MANY post-colonial nations around the world, it's not healthy, but they are getting better including India.

Even in Europe after the colonial Romans left it was a complete mess.

As a Pakistani I have to applaud the British Imperial Machine for what they did to India, they fucked Indians, not just physically but mentally and Indians still to this day haven't recovered and I honestly doubt they ever will unless their success in the next 100 years is astronomical and the pathetic, feeble creatures actually grow a pair of testicles.

British authors and historians love to reminisce about the colonial times and just love to state how Bharti’s labelled the British men and women as ‘Sahib’ and ‘Memsahib’ even during school I can recollect a time when our history teacher at school would inform the Indians that during the lessons they should refer to him as ‘Sahib.’ Famous books love showing an obsequious Indian man at the beckon call of his White ‘Sahib’ Master, fulfilling his every whim to a servile degree.

British portrayal of Indians is fascinating and amusing to an outsider like me, they actually believed they were doing God’s duty and their roles were to civilise these wild Indian beasts as they weren’t able to lead themselves!

Sadly this inferiority complex plagues the Indian community to the present day as many still worship white people and Pakistanis.

^^^

And the idiot ashamed to display his own flags (ironically he has British ones) is talking. Anyway how are the whites treating you over there. I hear they have some pretty funny nicknames for creatures of your ilk. :lol:

As a Pakistani I have to applaud the British Imperial Machine for what they did to India, they fucked Indians, not just physically but mentally and Indians still to this day haven't recovered and I honestly doubt they ever will unless their success in the next 100 years is astronomical and the pathetic, feeble creatures actually grow a pair of testicles.

British authors and historians love to reminisce about the colonial times and just love to state how Bharti’s labelled the British men and women as ‘Sahib’ and ‘Memsahib’ even during school I can recollect a time when our history teacher at school would inform the Indians that during the lessons they should refer to him as ‘Sahib.’ Famous books love showing an obsequious Indian man at the beckon call of his White ‘Sahib’ Master, fulfilling his every whim to a servile degree.

British portrayal of Indians is fascinating and amusing to an outsider like me, they actually believed they were doing God’s duty and their roles were to civilise these wild Indian beasts as they weren’t able to lead themselves!

Sadly this inferiority complex plagues the Indian community to the present day as many still worship white people and Pakistanis.

Wth are you talking about??

You're flattering yourself.

If that is true, you just made fun of your own people. They are included in this, lol.. I guess the area of Pakistan was never ruled by British India, right?

I guess the area of Pakistan was never ruled by British India, right?

He thinks he's a white Brit. Instead of poking fun at him, we must pity these guys. Very prone to Stockholm syndrome they are.

Now come on, let's not upset him.

pakistanipacifist, I hope you know you have insulted not only Indians, but pakistanis, Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis. Oh the irony.. living in England and screaming "inferiority complex". Can't get fresher than this :lol:

pakistanipacifist, I hope you know you have insulted not only Indians, but pakistanis, Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis. Oh the irony.. living in England and screaming "inferiority complex". Can't get fresher than this :lol:

:lol::lol: true. Most pakistanis face something of the sort i'm going to post. Here it is

Poor chap must have faced something like it , so the idiot is trying to blend in, rather unsuccessfully

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting these priceless pictures!

The pictures from Dehli almost brought tears to my eyes when they reminded me of my grandfather and father having grown up there.

You are welcome mate..Will be posting more in a few days...

^^ here are some pictures from Madras

hooper_famine.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

image016.jpg

2011-07-21_at_23-2.png

Angrez chala giya...per uskay kuuuttaaay aaj bhi hain yahan !!

hooper_famine.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

image016.jpg

2011-07-21_at_23-2.png

You sure this isn't from the Bengal famine??

Cant think of the relevance of this post..The thread was supposed to have pictures of cities from old times..

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

You sure this isn't from the Bengal famine??

Yes..Its possibly from Bengal Famine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom