What's new

Life in Indian cities in Colonial Era/20th century-in Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
i started browsing from the first page...was nostalgic initially then after few pages,I knew I was on PDF.

you can check the source from the pictures...

W. Willoughby Hooper on Famine « Iconic Photos

what difference does it make by the way, these are after all British Era pictures !!

Read the Thread description : "Life in Indian cities in Colonial Era/20th century-in Pics".

Comprende ?

I know the inferiority complex is showing a lot , but please stick to the topic thread and post relevant pics.

Like these ones :

CALCUTTA

Chowringhee%20Square-Old%20Calcutta.jpg

oldcal.jpg

St.+Paul%27s+Cathedral+-+Calcutta+(Kolkata)+-+1865.jpg

you can check the source from the pictures...

W. Willoughby Hooper on Famine « Iconic Photos

what difference does it make by the way, these are after all British Era pictures !!

I was just asking because I have seen other images of the Bengal famine and its like that..

Any ways.

4000545711_09e750a3d7.jpg

PowerHouse Trivandrum, Kerala

4000546105_6ba248807f.jpg

Kanakakkunnu Palace, trivandrum, kerala

Museum+of++Trivandrum+-+1900.jpg

Museum of Trivandrum

13th+Dalai+Lama+with+the+King+of+Sikkim+-+Darjeeling+1900.jpg

13th Dalai Lama with the King of Sikkim - Darjeeling

Pupils+in+classroom+in+the+Anglo-Vernacular+School%252C+Karachi+-+1873.jpg

Pupils in Classroom in the Anglo-Vernacular School, Karachi

Carpet+Weavers+in+Karachi+Jail+in+Sindh+-+1873.jpg

Carpet Weavers in Karachi Jail in Sindh - 1873

c.1890%2527s+PHOTO+INDIA+AGRA+TAJ.JPG

Calcutta-%2528Kolkata%2529-View---Sailing-Ships-and-Other-Boats-Docked-Along-River-Hooghly.jpg

RIVER HOOGHLY
General+Post+Office,+Calcutta+1885.jpg

GPO
writers_building_1905.jpg

WRITER"S BUILDING

and my favourite..
Victoria+Memorial+Kolkata+(Calcutta).jpg

VICTORIA MEMORIAL

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Read the Thread description : "Life in Indian cities in Colonial Era/20th century-in Pics".

Comprende ?

I know the inferiority complex is showing a lot , but please stick to the topic thread and post relevant pics.

Like these ones :

CALCUTTA

Chowringhee%20Square-Old%20Calcutta.jpg

oldcal.jpg

St.+Paul%27s+Cathedral+-+Calcutta+(Kolkata)+-+1865.jpg

the last one is st. pauls cathedral..it looks still the same and equally beuatiful...I live quite near to this..

I think most of the Indians i have met are confused that whether they should be
proud or should oppose the rule of Mughals but others they oppose (Ghaurids, Ghaznavids, Dehli Sultunates, etc). They also dislike the british rule yet they continue to implement the same
education system, same political system, which was left by the British, in their country.

and Yes indeed there is an inferiority complex...all the indian members on this thread got pissed at the guy who claimed this earlier.
Well for a 1000 years, the attacks were directed to subcontinent from the North-West (much of Pakistan's west wasn't part of subcontinent at the time).....and then those rulers ruled India..so their is naturally a inferiority complex. I would find many Indians in Canada claiming Pakistanis look different as compared to Indians on average yet they insist at the same time that they are the same....so they feel some sort of satisfaction in affiliating themselves with Pakistanis....although they shouldn't...they have a multicultural society with many languages...instead of wasting their energy on trying to convince the world that they are like Pakistanis..they should focus on themselves...otherwise everyone will continue to taunt the next generation of Indians too that they haven a inferiority complex.

I think most of the Indians i have met are confused that whether they should be
proud or should oppose the rule of Mughals but others they oppose (Ghaurids, Ghaznavids, Dehli Sultunates, etc). They also dislike the british rule yet they continue to implement the same
education system, same political system, which was left by the British, in their country.

and Yes indeed there is an inferiority complex...all the indian members on this thread got pissed at the guy who claimed this earlier.
Well for a 1000 years, the attacks were directed to subcontinent from the North-West (much of Pakistan's west wasn't part of subcontinent at the time).....and then those rulers ruled India..so their is naturally a inferiority complex. I would find many Indians in Canada claiming Pakistanis look different as compared to Indians on average yet they insist at the same time that they are the same....so they feel some sort of satisfaction in affiliating themselves with Pakistanis....although they shouldn't...they have a multicultural society with many languages...instead of wasting their energy on trying to convince the world that they are like Pakistanis..they should focus on themselves...otherwise everyone will continue to taunt the next generation of Indians too that they haven a inferiority complex.

Many people that say others have inferior complex may have the complex themselves I feel. We are not confused of our history and culture, I think that is you guys that are confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom