What's new

Ladakh Centric Hotan AB Adds More Fighters ,AWACS and Choppers

General, after your great tactical war analysis. There is no room left for any further discussion, as you have already triumphed over your enemy with a clear victory.

That sums up the mindset of Chinese and Pakistani members here quite nicely, actually.

Rafales, Su-30MKIs, and their air-launched cruise missiles will make short work of the J-11s and H-6s at Hotan. IAF brass probably already knows that J-11s have no air-to-surface capability and that the H-6s will be detected by the Rafale's AESA radar as soon as they take off.

India is in a prime position to pull of a Six-Day-War-style preemptive strike to ensure that the PLAAF contingent is out of action while IA artillery decimates PLA troops, much like what Israel did to her Arab neighbors in the namesake war.

Really? Hotan is just 1 base. This is a public buildup serving as a warning to India. There's less visible buildups elsewhere. An attempt at a preemptive strike will have sufficient warning due to long range SAM radar to disperse the planes at Hotan, while ballistic missile assets and other airbases are activated to counterstrike.

I would hate for India to mistake a warning as an invitation, though many Indian men have that problem with women.

Really? Hotan is just 1 base. This is a public buildup serving as a warning to India. There's less visible buildups elsewhere. An attempt at a preemptive strike will have sufficient warning due to long range SAM radar to disperse the planes at Hotan, while ballistic missile assets and other airbases are activated to counterstrike.

I would hate for India to mistake a warning as an invitation, though many Indian men have that problem with women.

So where are the sat images or observations of these "less-visible" buildups? Isn't the whole purpose of leaving these forward-deployed assets out in the open such that the adversary can see them and heed the implicit warning?

If the IAF is to launch a strike with terrain-hugging Storm Shadow missiles the SAMs and radars would have little chance of intercepting them, especially in the mountainous terrains of the region.

And your disparaging comment regarding women is uncalled for.

The Rafale has been in training and forward deployment ever since the escalation of the border crisis in July/August. It is naive for anyone to think that the IAF wouldn't undergo at least some form of flight training prior to accepting their Rafales.

The escalation of the conflict via ballistic missile attacks yields as much of headache for China as it might for India, and to further complicate this issue would be the use of IAF AWACS and ballistic missile interceptors.
ahaan lol so go on why dont you launch an attack and take back 1000sq km area ?
why your ministers are literally begging russia to mediate (indirectly to broke a face saving deal for bjp).

That sums up the mindset of Chinese and Pakistani members here quite nicely, actually.
Lol so you are saying the Indian members have any tactical analysis/semblance whatsoever? From my observations, they know way less than even the people in the Youtube comments sections.

So where are the sat images or observations of these "less-visible" buildups? Isn't the whole purpose of leaving these forward-deployed assets out in the open such that the adversary can see them and heed the implicit warning?

If the IAF is to launch a strike with terrain-hugging Storm Shadow missiles the SAMs and radars would have little chance of intercepting them, especially in the mountainous terrains of the region.

And your disparaging comment regarding women is uncalled for.

Hotan is sufficient warning. The others are at further inland bases ready for retaliation in case India actually tries to go for it.

I am curious as to how you think terrain hugging missiles work in mountainous environments where elevations can change 200-300+ meters within 0.5 km and narrow passes with less than 50 m gap abound. What do you think the maximum climb rate of the missile is, what do you think the turn radius is, and what do you think the effect on range is.

I wonder if you know the relationship between height and detection distance for radar. Maybe a SAM radar in the mountains facing India would have an advantage in detecting planes taking off in the lowlands.

Hotan is sufficient warning. The others are at further inland bases ready for retaliation in case India actually tries to go for it.

I am curious as to how you think terrain hugging missiles work in mountainous environments where elevations can change 200-300+ meters within 0.5 km and narrow passes with less than 50 m gap abound. What do you think the maximum climb rate of the missile is, what do you think the turn radius is, and what do you think the effect on range is.

I wonder if you know the relationship between height and detection distance for radar. Maybe a SAM radar in the mountains facing India would have an advantage in detecting planes taking off in the lowlands.
I don't think Akasa even knows how a missile works ... he is still believing that missiles can somehow perform extremely tight turns at great speeds like those depicted in Hollywood.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom