What's new

Kashmir The Freedom of Struggle

Pathetic infrastructure is your guys only excuse :P . At least they live a better lives than a majority of the Indians in India.

So, true just take a look below from BBC it's also being reported in Indianexpress.com, about a survery taken by Indian govt.

Abuse of Indian children 'common'

Last Updated: Monday, 9 April 2007, 15:17 GMT 16:17 UK
By Geeta Pandey
BBC News, Delhi

This is the first time India has done such a survey on child abuse
Two out of every three children in India are physically abused, according to a landmark government study.

Commissioned by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, the study says 53% of the surveyed children reported one or more forms of sexual abuse.

This is the first time the government has done such an exhaustive survey on the controversial issue of child abuse.

Abuse of children, particularly sexual abuse, is rarely admitted in India and activists have welcomed the study.

Releasing the report at a press conference in the capital, Delhi, Minister for Women and Child Development Renuka Chowdhury said: "In India there's a tradition of denying child abuse. It doesn't happen here is what we normally say.

"But by remaining silent, we have aided and abetted the abuse of children."

Thousands quizzed

Describing the findings of the study as "disturbing", Ms Chowdhury called for an end to the "conspiracy of silence".

The issue of child abuse has been raised in the past by non-governmental organisations, but this is the first time an attempt has been made by the government to document the scale of the problem.

The study took two years to complete, and covered 13 states where 12,247 children (between five and 12) and 2,324 young adults (over the age of 12) were quizzed.

Dr Loveleen Kacker, the official in charge of child welfare in the ministry, compiled the report.

She said the study had revealed that contrary to the general belief that only girls were abused, boys were equally at risk, if not more.

She said a substantial number of the abusers were "persons in trust and care-givers" who included parents, relatives and school teachers.

Women and Child Development minister Renuka Chowdhury
Ms Chowdhury said the findings of the study were disturbing

Dr Kacker said a disturbing finding of the study had been that 70% had not reported the abuse to anyone.

Besides surveying physical and sexual abuse, the study also collected statistics on emotional abuse and neglect of girls.

The study called for efforts to make society aware of the rights of children and officials say the data will help them formulate better policies to protect children.

'One too many'

The report has been welcomed by child rights activists who say such a study was sorely needed in India.

Roland Angerer, country director of Plan International, told BBC News it was "very important that the government has finally taken up the issue".

"It doesn't matter what statistics say. Whether the percentage of abused children is 75 or whether it is 58 is unimportant. Each child that is abused is one too many," he said.

"It's important that parents and adults must learn that children are not property, that they have rights too."

In India, parents are often reluctant to admit child abuse and sexual abuse of children involving family members is almost always hushed up.

Girl child
The study also collected data on how girls are neglected

Perhaps that is why - as the study shows - more than 50% of the young adults surveyed wanted the matter of abuse to remain within the family.

Only 17% of the abused young adults wanted harsh punishment for the abusers.

Officials and activists say the biggest challenge for the authorities and society is to ensure that children are encouraged to report abuse.

India is home to almost 19% of the world's children. More than one-third of the country's population - 440m people - is made up of children below 18 years of age.

According to one study, at least 40% of these children are in need of care and protection.

The country has millions of child workers.

Many are employed in hazardous industries and also in homes and small restaurants, which makes them vulnerable to violence and exploitation.

Last year the government banned children under 14 from being employed in homes and at restaurants to avoid their exploitation and abuse, but millions of children continue to work in these sectors.

India is a signatory to various international laws on the protection of children, but implementation of these laws is often lax.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6539027.stm

So, I really wonder how some claim that life is improving, in India? And they claim our in fracture is not good enough, such baseless claims. Even a Dutch diplomat made claims of New Delhi being dirty and a dump (You guyies want proof of this? Just ask, heck I will provide it for you). Then talk about our infracture.

Dutch Diplomat Finds Delhi As a Garbage Dump
Pratyush Pratyush, New Delhi, INDIA
Sep 26 2006, 7:03 am GMT

‘New Delhi is the most wretched place I have ever lived in’. These are the words of Dutch Diplomat Arnold Parzer. He is the Agriculture Councilor at New Delhi’s Royal Netherlands embassy.

He says that anything can go wrong, does go wrong in Delhi.

Miles-long and hour-long Traffic jams, delayed arrival in offices, delayed appointments, cancelled meetings, hypertension, mood disorders, pollution, physical problems, are the characteristics of people in Delhi.

He describes delhiites as ‘everyone interferes with everyone else, the people are a darn nuisance’. He describes the Delhi’s climate as hell.

However, Hans Schutte, the spokesperson for the Dutch Embassy, said that the statement made by Mr. Parzer does not reflect the opinion of the Netherlands government in any way.

As Parzer will complete his tenure next month, the Ministry of External Affairs has decided not to issue a demarche to him.

http://www.indiadaily.org/entry/dutch-diplomat-finds-delhi-as-a-garbage-dump/

Finally, Mr Parzer described Delhi as "a garbage dump". There could be no shying away from this description. Even a transit airplane passenger, who has never stepped into the heart of the city, and has spent merely a hour in the city's international airport terminal, waiting to switch planes, would have difficulty in disagreeing.

Unfortunately, the Indian government, ever-sensitive to pricks and puns, hasn't taken kindly to such frank, fascinating, and heart-felt impressions. The Dutch ambassador, summoned to the f.ilthy, monkeys-infested, beetle-juice-stained corridors of the foreign ministry, assured the Indian government, however, that Mr Parzer "has been taken to task". To kill the scandal before its bloom, the embassy also released a terse press release insisting that "[Mr Parzer's] statement does not reflect the opinion of the Netherlands government".

http://thedelhiwalla.blogspot.com/2006/10/dutch-diplomat-calls-delhi-f.ilthy-and.html

(In the above link once you go to the site, take out the (.) after the f in F.ilty and then re-enter to see the article.)

Law punishes victims of rape in Pakistan

According to the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, every two hours a woman is raped in Pakistan and every eight hours a woman is subjected to gang rape. The frequency of rape is thought to be much higher but many rapes remain unreported due to a combination of social taboos, discriminatory laws and victimization by the police. Meanwhile, Pakistani law is punishing victims of rape as though they were criminals while the perpetrators go free.

The Hudood Ordinances are a set of laws in Pakistan intended to make the criminal justice system conform with Islamic law. These laws cover offences including Zina crimes (unlawful sexual intercourse including adultery and rape) and Qazf (wrongful accusation of Zina crimes).

The maximum punishment for Zina crimes is death by stoning. Many women are imprisoned for years, convicted or awaiting trial for Zina crimes.

These laws place an almost impossible burden of proof on women and girls who are raped. If they report a rape to the police they are often charged with Zina crimes because they have in effect admitted to sexual intercourse outside of marriage and been unable to prove absence of consent. In such cases, the victims are more likely to be convicted than the perpetrators.

The following story combines several true incidents, to show the plight of women and girls in Pakistan.

Priya, aged 13, was abducted and raped by her neighbour. Her brother found her bruised and unconscious in an alley behind their house. Her father reported the rape at the police station and medical reports confirmed that she had been sexually assaulted. The case was brought before a magistrate.

Priya named her attacker but had no proof of rape other than the medical examination. According to Zina laws, her own testimony is not admissible as evidence. Rape must be proved either by the perpetrator's confession or by the testimony of four men.

Priya's neighbour denied the charges of rape and so she was unable to prove that the act of penetration had been non-consensual.

Having attained puberty a few months earlier, Priya was legally considered an adult. Since the medical examination proved that penetration did occur, the legal tables turned against Priya and she was put in detention on charges of Zina. Her father faced charges of Qazf for reporting the rape and was also detained. The rapist went free.

AI continues to call for the repeal of laws that criminalize consensual sexual intercourse between unmarried adults and a reformulation of those relating to rape, so that victims, both married and single, can obtain justice.

http://web.amnesty.org/wire/July2004/Pakistan
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL

Law punishes victims of rape in Pakistan

According to the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, every two hours a woman is raped in Pakistan and every eight hours a woman is subjected to gang rape. The frequency of rape is thought to be much higher but many rapes remain unreported due to a combination of social taboos, discriminatory laws and victimization by the police. Meanwhile, Pakistani law is punishing victims of rape as though they were criminals while the perpetrators go free.

The Hudood Ordinances are a set of laws in Pakistan intended to make the criminal justice system conform with Islamic law. These laws cover offences including Zina crimes (unlawful sexual intercourse including adultery and rape) and Qazf (wrongful accusation of Zina crimes).

The maximum punishment for Zina crimes is death by stoning. Many women are imprisoned for years, convicted or awaiting trial for Zina crimes.

These laws place an almost impossible burden of proof on women and girls who are raped. If they report a rape to the police they are often charged with Zina crimes because they have in effect admitted to sexual intercourse outside of marriage and been unable to prove absence of consent. In such cases, the victims are more likely to be convicted than the perpetrators.

The following story combines several true incidents, to show the plight of women and girls in Pakistan.

Priya, aged 13, was abducted and raped by her neighbour. Her brother found her bruised and unconscious in an alley behind their house. Her father reported the rape at the police station and medical reports confirmed that she had been sexually assaulted. The case was brought before a magistrate.

Priya named her attacker but had no proof of rape other than the medical examination. According to Zina laws, her own testimony is not admissible as evidence. Rape must be proved either by the perpetrator's confession or by the testimony of four men.

Priya's neighbour denied the charges of rape and so she was unable to prove that the act of penetration had been non-consensual.

Having attained puberty a few months earlier, Priya was legally considered an adult. Since the medical examination proved that penetration did occur, the legal tables turned against Priya and she was put in detention on charges of Zina. Her father faced charges of Qazf for reporting the rape and was also detained. The rapist went free.

AI continues to call for the repeal of laws that criminalize consensual sexual intercourse between unmarried adults and a reformulation of those relating to rape, so that victims, both married and single, can obtain justice.

http://web.amnesty.org/wire/July2004/Pakistan
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL

old news laws have changed now
and about a woman get raped in pakistan every 2 hours how come they know all this stuff when in this same article they said that many rape cases are not even reported

they said they already know that a woman is raped every two hours and ON TOP OF THAT, there are MANY MORE cases that go unreported.

This is fcking BS, if you want i'l start posting articles that paint Pakistan as the worst country on this planet. Stick to the discussion, i'v had ENOUGH of you people posting crap thats not related and then stopping it, these are ******** cheap shots. If you dont wannt be fair, then i sure as hell am not gonna be.

There is no point replying to this damn thread, there is NOTHING that any one in the world can do about kashmir, discussing it, only wastes time.

No, sir this report isn't bullshit since this study was conducted by the Indian govt, I know it's hard getting a blame for ones' own house, let this be a lesson, next time don't accuse Pakistan's' people or infracture knowing that your own country is screwed as well. Its not crap and it's neither a cheap shot, if you consider it a cheap shot, then don't make cheap shots against Pakistan. You know full well, you started mainlining Pakistan first before I took the initiative to post about India. And I can as well get articles that paint Indian as the worst country on this planet, including pictures, etc, if you stoop to that level then I have no problem going their, and neither is your record clean aswell. Overall, let this be a lesson talk crap you get same thing in return, don't expect to be treated differently.

And below is what you said:

BTW speaking on human rights, Azad Kashmir's record is not that clean, pathetic infrastructure, etc, etc, etc

they said they already know that a woman is raped every two hours and ON TOP OF THAT, there are MANY MORE cases that go unreported.

I can get similar thing for India as well (read my comment above). And on top of this article you posted I have seen worse in India, let alone what I have posted.

I mean that it is a cheap shot since it does not relate to KASHMIR, which the entire damn thread is ABOUT. If you want to discuss Kashmir's infrastructure or human right issues im all for it. But if you start posting crap articles that are not related, be sure i will respond with something more than in kind.

I can get similar thing for India as well (read my comment above). And on top of this article you posted I have seen worse in India, let alone what I have posted.

As can i, be sure.

I mean that it is a cheap shot since it does not relate to KASHMIR, which the entire damn thread is ABOUT. If you want to discuss Kashmir's infrastructure or human right issues im all for it. But if you start posting crap articles that are not related, be sure i will respond with something more than in kind.

Below is what you said in this thread, and to that I have responded, get the idea, thick skull or I need to drill it in, next time talk garbage you will get the same in return:

So actually its Pakistan's fault that there are human right violations in Kashmir. BTW speaking on human rights, Azad Kashmir's record is not that clean, pathetic infrastructure, etc, etc, etc

YES, and IT IS RELATED TO KASHMIR DAMMIT. Dont you get it ? It is related to kashmir. So post something if you want that is RELATED TO KASHMIR!

is it that hard fr you to get simple stuff?!

The thread is being closely monitored.

The point is. Stop doing the blame games. Put the patriotism aside, neither your country, nor my country is better.

Chill and stick to the issues rather than hitting where you know you can be hit back.

Thanks.

Then please tell this Pak sniper guy to post something that is related to the thread. ie about Kashmir. He tends to go off topic. he can discuss everything about kashmir.

YES, and IT IS RELATED TO KASHMIR DAMMIT. Dont you get it ? It is related to kashmir. So post something if you want that is RELATED TO KASHMIR!

is it that hard fr you to get simple stuff?!

No it's not hard, I can get alot, but you deliberately named my nation, you step the line again and I will go PDF on your *** X2. And instead you ranting on about infracture provide the info on it besides talking out your backside. Don't talk dirty about another nation if you know your's isn't perfect either, and I seen how tense you got with the articles I provided and I can get more that will make you wet behind that monitor.

So, peace out.

Lol, i'l talk whatever i want. I talked about Kashmir, you spoke about something other than kashmir. What ? Cant get any material to defend your view on Kashmir so you go on the rest of the country.

I got tense because i sensed the thing you were trying to pull, something that is done in PDF. Hijack any thread where you cant reply by posting bad stuff about India. What you did is classic. lol. You still dont get it, post what you want about Kashmir, something you cant do ofcourse.

Try to go PDF here and you will get banned. LOL. Same as me, if i try to do that i will get banned as well. This is the REASON this forum is different. It allows for DISSENTING VIEWS, and if you cant accept that, then you are in for a sad bit of dissapointment.

No it's not hard, I can get alot, but you deliberately named my nation, you step the line again and I will go PDF on your *** X2. And instead you ranting on about infracture provide the info on it besides talking out your backside. Don't talk dirty about another nation if you know your's isn't perfect either, and I seen how tense you got with the articles I provided and I can get more that will make you wet behind that monitor.

So, peace out.

Glad to know you have such high regard for PDF...lol
How I wish M21Sniper came around in this forum.... Nuke em all.lol

debong the infrastrcuture in Azad Kashmir was far far better thn IHK, before the earthquake the Hurriat leaders from India visitd Azad Kashmir and they were amazed by the development and infrastructure here

A part of my family lives in azad kashmir and i have just come back from the area recently while on a trip to dubai.
The example i can give is of that of my family's home where there is a road built to the door even though it is a about a mile and half away from the main road.All the mod cons of a modern home can be found from freezer,tv telephone to a 4 weel drive.This was the norm with the majority of the people in the area excluding the 4 weel drive but everyone has got either a car or a motorbike.
Driving from islamabad to AJK was a dream drive with perfect roads and a polite police.
My cousin recently came over from occupied IOK and when asked which side was more better he said without a shadow of a doubt that the people in AJK where a lot richer and had a higher standard of living and freedom then those in IOK.The only thing he said that was better in IOK was the education side.
Indians love to believe that AJK is some sort of backward area that the pakistan govt neglects

That is not true. AJK had very bad infrastructure, bad education, etc, etc BEFORE the quake when compared to Indian Kashmir. I will give reports if you want.

Do provide the link where the hurriyat said that he was amazed about the infrastructure there.

Back
Top Bottom