What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

pakistan airforce need capabilty to deliver 80 tons of bombs per squardon, right now they are half that capability..
and should have 25 squardon in such configuration

While J-10s, JF-17C Block III and F-16s remain in the limelight, PAF with its large fleet of JF-17As and modified Mirages has become a lethal striking punch. Both jets possess capabilities to launch wide variety of munition and be employed in large numbers.
1667040346528.png

Very well said, i personally know two guys now working in Lockheed martin, they used to work at air weapons complex. They were really talented engineers and it broke my heart the way awc treated them and let them go. I doubt they will ever even imagine working again in Pakistan.

Same here, and hundreds if not thousands of people who will never ever want to work for Pakistani employers especially Faujis ever again

There was even an exodus of PAF engineers in the early-to-mid-1990s due to some culture issues within the organization. Those same engineers went on to pick up jobs at Boeing, LM, Northrop, etc by the mid-2000s.

That'd be malicious policy from one angle (foreign sabotage/conspiracy) or another (gross malaise and apathy). Either way, it's a firable offensive IMHO to whoever is architecting it, uniform be damned.

Here is my question, why have all these engineers not banded together to form theor own private enterprises free and clear of military involvement? There is so much braon drain due to mismanagement of poor management and over meddling by military into areas they are not qualified to have opinions on. But instead of just quitting AWC or HIT, they should try to follow the example of the Bayraktar family and create firms locally to develop private industry. It could be challenging in an environment like Pakistan but the manpower and brainpower is there. People however cannot just blame things on the govt and hope for change. As the Ghandi quote goes... Be the change you want to see in the world.

Here is my question, why have all these engineers not banded together to form theor own private enterprises free and clear of military involvement? There is so much braon drain due to mismanagement of poor management and over meddling by military into areas they are not qualified to have opinions on. But instead of just quitting AWC or HIT, they should try to follow the example of the Bayraktar family and create firms locally to develop private industry. It could be challenging in an environment like Pakistan but the manpower and brainpower is there. People however cannot just blame things on the govt and hope for change. As the Ghandi quote goes... Be the change you want to see in the world.
When I was a teenager I thought what you have said. But now I've seen what actually happens. Lots and lots of people have tried and are trying. Unfortunately, the military holds a tight monopolistic grip on anything remotely military. You try to do anything without the military's bleassing and you are immediately shut down. There's NOCs and redtape designed to keep what you are suggesting essentially illegal. Anything you try to import will be stuck at customs forever unless you're the military. Anything you try to make will be a security risk. Etc etc.

I don't know if it is well intentioned paranoia, Ill intentioned monopoly, or a combination of the two, but the effects are there regardless.

Bayraktar family is a wrong example. He is son in law of Erdogan. His connections what made him successful and the state backing his enterprise

Last edited:
Bayraktar family is a wrong example. He is son in law of Erdogan. His connections what made him successful and the state backing his enterprise
In a way it is a great example too. They started out in the 80s as an automotive manufacturer - specifically a CNC parts manufacturer - and ventured into UAVs in the 2000s. We have several companies like the Baykar of the 80s - Ravi autos or millat tractors for example. But something prevents them from becoming the next Baykar. And my post above tells us why.

This war has been fought and lost,
not once, several times.

He is son in law of Erdogan. His connections what made him successful and the state backing his enterprise
We also have so many,sons and sons-in-laws.
Wish that just one of them was as worthy as Erdogan’s son in law.

They get full support like Erdogan gives, but contribute nil.

Last edited:
We also have sons and sons-in-laws.
Wish that only one of them was as worthy

They get full support like Erdogan gives, but contribute nil.

In Pakistan sons and son in laws go establish sugar mills with all the support they get and manipulate sugar prices in the market to earn big profits

At least Turkish one is a massive success for Turkey

The company was already successful in Turkey before him. His father created as an automotive company. He had a fascination with military aircraft so when he took over, he changed it to a military contractor. That said the industrial base to do it was established by the father Özdemir Bayraktar and then it was transformed into a big success by the son Selcuk.

And I would argue that while he undoubtedly benefits from being the son of Erdogan, he is a success because his company makes great products... The same cannot be said of POF, AWC, or even HIT which make OK but not gold standard products.

When I was a teenager I thought what you have said. But now I've seen what actually happens. Lots and lots of people have tried and are trying. Unfortunately, the military holds a tight monopolistic grip on anything remotely military. You try to do anything without the military's bleassing and you are immediately shut down. There's NOCs and redtape designed to keep what you are suggesting essentially illegal. Anything you try to import will be stuck at customs forever unless you're the military. Anything you try to make will be a security risk. Etc etc.

I don't know if it is well intentioned paranoia, Ill intentioned monopoly, or a combination of the two, but the effects are there regardless.
So here is my question, when so many of you have witnessed such severe mismanagement over the years, why on earth have you all celebrated military rule? They cant and shouldn't manage companies, let alone your nation. Sad that it takes IKs overthrow to have the majority of people see that.

So here is my question, when so many of you have witnessed such severe mismanagement over the years, why on earth have you all celebrated military rule? They cant and shouldn't manage companies, let alone your nation. Sad that it takes IKs overthrow to have the majority of people see that.

Shakhsiyat Parastish of the institution, even those who knew, were blind worshipers to the institution and not the nation. The institution went along with it because it came to them without effort and rode the gravy train, with none to question their progress. However, now they are being challenged, they are acting recklessly.

The signs were already there for the sensible individual, but their voices were being trampled. So in 20 years, you have the whole nation and its human power in front of you, and you can't produce MRAPs? South Africa is ahead of us in this category, for example. I rather not throw more facts as it's already depressing with what we see and have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom