What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Understand that a photographer taking in a jet isn’t compromising your aircraft - those that need to already have.
The J-10C is public knowledge and so are other assets. This isn’t the 1960s where no one knew what a Mig-25 looked like or its performance. Aircraft are looked at and compromised from the R&D section and today’s strength lies under the surface.
If you are at an air base and taking pictures, you photograph more than the jet. Couple of examples terrorist used Google Earth to plan their attacks on PAF air bases. A person supposedly taking pictures of jet can scan the base and take picture of potential weak point in the parameter. Even the enemy can pin point location of key installations, which can help in their planning. Another example, albeit an old one but still relevant. When Japanese attacked pearl harbor, each plane had an aerial picture of the harbor, which was sold as post card to tourists. There is nothing wrong to err on the side of caution.

I remember not to long ago, F-35 pilot stopped US news anchor from video recording rare side of the jet during a walk around interview.
And they will - but at the end the number of cameras that are out there today make it difficult to stop things. Its better to control what others see by forcing them down a route instead of letting them find other ways to get a capture

If you are at an air base and taking pictures, you photograph more than the jet. Couple of examples terrorist used Google Earth to plan their attacks on PAF air bases. A person supposedly taking pictures of jet can scan the base and take picture of potential weak point in the parameter. Even the enemy can pin point location of key installations, which can help in their planning. Another example, albeit an old one but still relevant. When Japanese attacked pearl harbor, each plane had an aerial picture of the harbor, which was sold as post card to tourists. There is nothing wrong to err on the side of caution.
There is also nothing wrong to realize that you can no longer control it to the extent you think. Everyone has a smartphone capable of pictures - the person looking to compromise you will not bring a dslr

1650305201652.png

Then how come STM rep told me they had meetings with PN officials in Isloo HQ for STM-500 midget submarine?

Or turkish REP literally gave me brochure where Milgem SAM and P-282 SSM info was written over it?

Your argument is shallow. Because PN and PAF officials spill beans to international magazines and likes of Alan warnes. God Forbid If Pakistani citizen approach, they will treat him like a illetrate paindu.
I am telling it how it is, just because you approach a civilian sales rep in a defense expo who is there to boast their system doesn’t mean uniformed personnel are at liberty to talk about their inductions.

No body spill beans. If PN or PAF decided to release information to a certain trusted news magazine, this means they have some sort of working relationship. Yes, sometimes blunders happens but usually almost always uniformed personnel are prohibited from talking about defense procurement or on going missions.

It’s same everywhere. Maybe that Airforce person should have responded to you more friendly or something.

Then how come STM rep told me they had meetings with PN officials in Isloo HQ for STM-500 midget submarine?

Or turkish REP literally gave me brochure where Milgem SAM and P-282 SSM info was written over it?

Your argument is shallow. Because PN and PAF officials spill beans to international magazines and likes of Alan warnes. God Forbid If Pakistani citizen approach, they will treat him like a illetrate paindu.
Ghar ki murghi - and it goes beyond the military. Pakistanis think little of other Pakistanis and will attempt to belittle them wherever they find each other.
There is also the lord saab mentality that prevailed in many where unless something has a western accent and preferably face next to it there isn’t a sense of validation involved.
But, I dither - there are valid security concerns because they trust the word of an Alan warnes because that is his job versus a unconnected amateur asking for info.

And they will - but at the end the number of cameras that are out there today make it difficult to stop things. Its better to control what others see by forcing them down a route instead of letting them find other ways to get a capture

There is also nothing wrong to realize that you can no longer control it to the extent you think. Everyone has a smartphone capable of pictures - the person looking to compromise you will not bring a dslr
How many inside pictures have you seen of Pakistan Military taken on smart phones, some but not many? There is reason, no phones allowed in certain restricted areas.

Ghar ki murghi - and it goes beyond the military. Pakistanis think little of other Pakistanis and will attempt to belittle them wherever they find each other.
There is also the lord saab mentality that prevailed in many where unless something has a western accent and preferably face next to it there isn’t a sense of validation involved.
But, I dither - there are valid security concerns because they trust the word of an Alan warnes because that is his job versus a unconnected amateur asking for info.
I am sorry you feel belittled, maybe there is reason.

How many inside pictures have you seen of Pakistan Military taken on smart phones, some but not many? There is reason, no phones allowed in certain restricted areas.

I am sorry you feel belittled, maybe there is reason.
actually quite a few - military officers, their kids, facilities right by the road. It’s easy as pie - where security gets justified. However, trying to prevent pictures of an aircraft going overhead which has already been photographed or known about is overkill and irrelevant.

There have been leaks in the simplest of ways from facilities while the “security” was busy trying to confiscate usb sticks.

I don’t need your pity for finding Pakistani attitudes toxic. Please keep comments towards the issue instead of tangential personal investigations

Hi,

That is an interesting read my man.

1650342594458.png

Hi,

That is an interesting read my man.

View attachment 835716
Isnt history on this forum testament?

Especially Pakistani Uncles..many are the worst.

I came to Atlanta in 1984 and spent 7 hours at the drivers lisense affice. .so you need to do this.
I did my chemical engineering from Georgia Tech and after this lifetime of fully understanding American now I am owner of largest halal meat shop in the city and own a Lexus. I can get you a job making $45k and you can own a accord one day if you do exactly as I say! For I am the all knowing prophet and you kids know nothing .. if you disagree it is badtameezi and I will shower abuses at you!

See them after 4 years in my car, and a house and everything... " You must be lucky or your father must have sent you funds".

NO uncle, I am not lucky nor did I come with funds. Let me make you eat some humble pie; I just happened to know that there is something called the internet and only particular old farts dont know you can get an appointment at the DL office to show up 10 minutes before it. I also dont need your thankless job, I am already qualified and in 5 years have done more professionally and financially than what took your arse nearly 40 years to do and that make you jealous and uncomfortable as to how a Pakistani just like you did all that so quickly.
The typical toxic " Iss ne kaise kar liya? Iss ki auqat kahan thi".

And it goes across age groups- it will be a Pakistani that will likely defraud you because you think national loyalty is at play. Fool me once, shame on me.. not letting it happen ever again.

There are genuinely good folks who have done well professionally and carry humility with them but they are far and few in between. Otherwise, if its a Pakistani ... dur se salam hi acha hai.. Allah Hafiz.

I came to Atlanta in 1984 and spent 7 hours at the drivers lisense affice. .so you need to do this.
I did my chemical engineering from Georgia Tech and after this lifetime of fully understanding American now I am owner of largest halal meat shop in the city and own a Lexus. I can get you a job making $45k and you can own a accord one day if you do exactly as I say! For I am the all knowing prophet and you kids know nothing .. if you disagree it is badtameezi and I will shower abuses at you!

See them after 4 years in my car, and a house and everything... " You must be lucky or your father must have sent you funds".

NO uncle, I am not lucky nor did I come with funds. Let me make you eat some humble pie; I just happened to know that there is something called the internet and only particular old farts dont know you can get an appointment at the DL office to show up 10 minutes before it. I also dont need your thankless job, I am already qualified and in 5 years have done more professionally and financially than what took your arse nearly 40 years to do and that make you jealous and uncomfortable as to how a Pakistani just like you did all that so quickly.

And it goes across age groups- it will be a Pakistani that will likely defraud you because you think national loyalty is at play. Fool me once, shame on me.. not letting it happen ever again.

There are genuinely good folks who have done well professionally and carry humility with them but they are far and few in between. Otherwise, if its a Pakistani ... dur se salam hi acha hai.. Allah Hafiz.
I can attest to the toxic behavior of some expats but not everyone is alike. Met some very smart and humble professionals as well.

The security issue is though overblown. The attacks on our bases didnt need high resolution pics. In almost all instances, google maps and ex-soldiers themselves provided plenty of info. Same w the attack on naval bases.

I still see some photographers having to photoshop out the serial numbers of aircraft like Mirages and F-7s only in order to comply with some antiquated concerns ... as if that is somehow going to give away their numbers or God knows what.

actually quite a few - military officers, their kids, facilities right by the road. It’s easy as pie - where security gets justified. However, trying to prevent pictures of an aircraft going overhead which has already been photographed or known about is overkill and irrelevant.

There have been leaks in the simplest of ways from facilities while the “security” was busy trying to confiscate usb sticks.

I don’t need your pity for finding Pakistani attitudes toxic. Please keep comments towards the issue instead of tangential personal investigations
I am talking about technical areas.

Absolutely correct and to the point.

Man, you summarized desi culture poetically.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom