What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

FYI the nuclear submarine
In a related/unrelated news. It’s seems indigenous power reactor of 340MW capability has been achieved or is close to be achieved. While not directly related, shows that the domain is being worked upon:

“To this end, by March 2022, six power plants (four at Chashma and two at Karachi) have begun contributing around 3500 MW of base load electricity to national grid. To meet future targets, preliminary work planning is under way for C-5 project (1100 MW), Chashma Engineering Complex (Fuel Fabrication Plant) and Indigenous Nuclear Power Plant (340 MW). These are to be funded by revenues from operating plants and Chinese loans.”

As per PAF, even a flying J-10 with 3X drop tanks is a secret asset and must not be snapped by the cameras. 🤷

Also also the Ra'ad secrecy seems weird if the integration has been completed simply because the Ra'ad is primarily a strategic weapon and SPD would like to communicate to India that hey all our JF-17s can deliver Ra'ads too. So the secrecy means that the integration hasn't been totally completed yet

As per PAF, even a flying J-10 with 3X drop tanks is a secret asset and must not be snapped by the cameras. 🤷

Qatar Pak embassy Defence Attache is serving Commodore in PN. When i met him at Dimdex, and Asked what SAM Milgem gonna use (to test waters)? He Said its classified lol... i asked im gonna ask turks, they will be more forth coming. He said, go ahead.

Point being this mentality is prevalent in all 3 branches.

I asked my uniformed senior about difference between CODAD and CODAG (propulsion systems).
In return, he gave me lecture about a retired navy officer who has great spiritual studies and is known for building up morals within navy families.

I was like, come on, Ill google the difference myself. :D
Qatar Pak embassy Defence Attache is serving Commodore in PN. When i met him at Dimdex, and Asked what SAM Milgem gonna use (to test waters)? He Said its classified lol... i asked im gonna ask turks, they will be more forth coming. He said, go ahead.

I think this tendency stems from being over-cautious at an individual level but is somewhat understandable. As an example, you are manning the stall and someone attributes something you said and gets it on the SM and for any reason if the topic is on the "no-go" list, you can imagine the repercussions for anyone's career.

As some have mentioned, this is the reason the uniformed personnel should not be marketing and manning stalls at international DefExpos. It should be left to marketing companies etc.

Not only two, almost a half dozen people have faced the "Veigo incident" in past three months.

Interestingly, Vigos are still very active now a days. Though searching for different type of people now ...
Let me tell you a funny story, the photographers who captured JFT carrying Ra'ad were detained by the security forces when they were covering J-10's arrival in Pakistan somewhere near the airbase. Their DSLRs cameras, cellphones, and laptops were detained and all of the sensitive material was erased. Not only this, they are now under 24/7 surveillance. One of them is Zuhaib Malik & the other is a member of PDF and quite an active poster here and promotes aviation photography from his website. The thing happened but it ain't coming out any sooner.

Yeh to baray door ki baat hai.

You take pictures of a B777 at a commercial airport and you will get police or ASF on you within a few minutes and the usual tafteesh.

Not sure of the authenticity of this picture or if it has been posted here already but thought I’d share. Shows a pretty hefty load out even though it likely would not carry all of these armaments at the same time.

Attachments

• F38AF6F3-2C01-416D-8417-17EE9F2F5CF0.jpeg
    F38AF6F3-2C01-416D-8417-17EE9F2F5CF0.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 72
Yeh to baray door ki baat hai.

You take pictures of a B777 at a commercial airport and you will get police or ASF on you within a few minutes and the usual tafteesh.
You never who's an OSINT spy these days. Their concerns are legit.
You have to be correct with your camera timing.I have a picture of a heavy. How many $$ do you think I should demand?? 😄😁

Also also the Ra'ad secrecy seems weird if the integration has been completed
May be they don't want to hurt the Thunder's export prospects.A strategic missile carrier cannot be offered for export without raising eyebrows.

A B777 landing at Lahore airport? Or watching an A320 land at new Islamabad airport from the drop off lane? Really?
Inner wing of the a320....I did the stressing so be very careful when flying loooooool

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom