What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Pakistan is at serious disadvantage when it comes to strike mission bit for air defence missions you are partly right

we don't have to do deep strike missions, we can rely on SOW and CM .. a war with India will last no more than 1 week before the world intervene for a Cease fire ,with new weapons intergration of JF along with AESA i think our Air force can hold their own skies for a week .

we don't have to do deep strike missions, we can rely on SOW and CM .. a war with India will last no more than 1 week before the world intervene for a Cease fire ,with new weapons intergration of JF along with AESA i think our Air force can hold their own skies for a week .
that is big assumption...thus even if PAF is going to stick with jf-17 it has to prolong its legs by giving it 20-25% more range, the only way i see this being achieved is with better engine and CFTs..we are all but sure that f16s arent coming and neither are any smart weapons with them..next best option is simply jf-17, buy su 30 is simply too expensive

If SPECTRA actually 'fare' against LPI, then there would be a study, but that study would not be revealed for obvious reasons.

As far as US airpower goes, who would want to test their claims against ours?

You may win the war, but you can certainly lose a battle. And that loss would puncture the hot air balloon.

And my point is exactly that without a scientific study, Pakistan cannot rest easy just because we have an AESA radar.

China and Pakistan should leave a room for net benifits otherwise it is pointless to export weapons such as JF 17 by losing money way,i can do the export myself by losing money.

that is big assumption...thus even if PAF is going to stick with jf-17 it has to prolong its legs by giving it 20-25% more range, the only way i see this being achieved is with better engine and CFTs..we are all but sure that f16s arent coming and neither are any smart weapons with them..next best option is simply jf-17, buy su 30 is simply too expensive
Mig 35 not much expensive. Can be used for special roles.

what is the unit price of JF17 /FC-1 fierce dragon today as of Nov.2018?

i recall the original price is 15 millions USD(100 millions RMB CHINA)

no sure?

what is the unit price of JF17 /FC-1 fierce dragon today as of Nov.2018?

i recall the original price is 15 millions USD(100 millions RMB CHINA)

no sure?
blk 3 is expected to reach close to $50 million with an AESA radar. Still an excellent price for export, you can't even get any block 60+ F-16 without an AESA with this price tag.

I think it depends on the sacrifice you are willing to do for increasing payload .. which i personally think does not matter in modern warfare .

What if the world does not intervene?
Why do we want the world to intervene?
What if the enemy does not listen to the world and wants to finish you off once and for all?
If that is the strategy, if you can call it that, then its better to stop wasting money on defence and become another Bangladesh. If not, then let the enemy expect and pray for the world to intervene.

What if the world does not intervene?
Why do we want the world to intervene?
What if the enemy does not listen to the world and wants to finish you off once and for all?
If that is the strategy, if you can call it that, then its better to stop wasting money on defence and become another Bangladesh. If not, then let the enemy expect and pray for the world to intervene.

Misunderstood my post entirely

blk 3 is expected to reach close to $50 million with an AESA radar. Still an excellent price for export, you can't even get any block 60+ F-16 without an AESA with this price tag.
really do not understand why aricraft become so much expensive adn still going!??
I recall F7/J7 was easy to maintain and very cheap as well.
Users of F7/J7

Operators[edit]

Chengdu J-7 Operators 2010 (former operators in red)
Current[edit]
23px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png
Bangladesh
  • Bangladesh Air Force: 12 × F-7BG interceptors and 4 × FT-7BG two-seater fighters delivered in 2007. Additional 16 advanced F-7 BGI fighters delivered in 2012.[17] Earlier deliveries of 16 F-7MB and 8 FT-7MB trainer aircraft now retired from service.[18]
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China
23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png
Egypt
23px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png
Iran
23px-Flag_of_Myanmar.svg.png
Myanmar
  • Myanmar Air Force: 62 aircraft were received by the year 1990 to 1999 .24× F-7M and 6× FT-7 trainers remained in service (As of February 2012).[19]
23px-Flag_of_Namibia.svg.png
Namibia
  • Namibian Air Force: 6 × F-7NM and 2 × FT-7NM in active service. A total of 12 F/FT-7NM aircraft were delivered between 2006-2008.[22]
23px-Flag_of_Nigeria.svg.png
Nigeria
23px-Flag_of_North_Korea.svg.png
North Korea
  • North Korean Air Force: As of February 2012, 180 × F-7 remained in service. However, reports of dire levels of serviceability suggest an airworthiness rate of less than 50%.[19]
23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan
23px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png
Sri Lanka
23px-Flag_of_Sudan.svg.png
Sudan
23px-Flag_of_Tanzania.svg.png
Tanzania
  • Tanzanian Air Force: Originally having had 11 × F-7 in service,[30] Tanzania replaced them with 12 new J-7's (single-seat) under the designation J-7G and 2 dual-seat aircraft designated F-7TN in 2011. Originally ordered in 2009, the deliveries were completed and the aircraft are now fully operational at the air bases in Dar es Salaam and Mwanza. The new aircraft are equipped with a KLJ-6E Falcon radar, thought to be developed from the Selex Galileo Grifo 7 radar. The J-7G's primary weapon is the Chinese PL-7A short-range infrared air-to-air missile.[31]
Former[edit]
21px-Flag_of_Albania.svg.png
Albania
23px-Flag_of_Iraq_%281991%E2%80%932004%29.svg.png
Iraq
23px-Flag_of_Mozambique.svg.png
Mozambique
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States of America
23px-Flag_of_Zimbabwe.svg.png
Zimbabwe

really do not understand why aricraft become so much expensive adn still going!??
I recall F7/J7 was easy to maintain and very cheap as well.
Users of F7/J7

Operators[edit]

Chengdu J-7 Operators 2010 (former operators in red)
Current[edit]
23px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png
Bangladesh
  • Bangladesh Air Force: 12 × F-7BG interceptors and 4 × FT-7BG two-seater fighters delivered in 2007. Additional 16 advanced F-7 BGI fighters delivered in 2012.[17] Earlier deliveries of 16 F-7MB and 8 FT-7MB trainer aircraft now retired from service.[18]
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China
23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png
Egypt
23px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png
Iran
23px-Flag_of_Myanmar.svg.png
Myanmar
  • Myanmar Air Force: 62 aircraft were received by the year 1990 to 1999 .24× F-7M and 6× FT-7 trainers remained in service (As of February 2012).[19]
23px-Flag_of_Namibia.svg.png
Namibia
  • Namibian Air Force: 6 × F-7NM and 2 × FT-7NM in active service. A total of 12 F/FT-7NM aircraft were delivered between 2006-2008.[22]
23px-Flag_of_Nigeria.svg.png
Nigeria
23px-Flag_of_North_Korea.svg.png
North Korea
  • North Korean Air Force: As of February 2012, 180 × F-7 remained in service. However, reports of dire levels of serviceability suggest an airworthiness rate of less than 50%.[19]
23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan
23px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png
Sri Lanka
23px-Flag_of_Sudan.svg.png
Sudan
23px-Flag_of_Tanzania.svg.png
Tanzania
  • Tanzanian Air Force: Originally having had 11 × F-7 in service,[30] Tanzania replaced them with 12 new J-7's (single-seat) under the designation J-7G and 2 dual-seat aircraft designated F-7TN in 2011. Originally ordered in 2009, the deliveries were completed and the aircraft are now fully operational at the air bases in Dar es Salaam and Mwanza. The new aircraft are equipped with a KLJ-6E Falcon radar, thought to be developed from the Selex Galileo Grifo 7 radar. The J-7G's primary weapon is the Chinese PL-7A short-range infrared air-to-air missile.[31]
Former[edit]
21px-Flag_of_Albania.svg.png
Albania
23px-Flag_of_Iraq_%281991%E2%80%932004%29.svg.png
Iraq
23px-Flag_of_Mozambique.svg.png
Mozambique
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States of America
23px-Flag_of_Zimbabwe.svg.png
Zimbabwe
Due to software driven aircrafts which requires hundreds of thounds hours to write the codes for aircraft ... previously attaching a bomb with aircraft was an easy job but attaching a smart missile to aircraft and its integration is a time taking exercise ...

Due to software driven aircrafts which requires hundreds of thounds hours to write the codes for aircraft ... previously attaching a bomb with aircraft was an easy job but attaching a smart missile to aircraft and its integration is a time taking exercise ...
All human nations should become a community of destiny, building the so-called Earth Federation, and humans can build spaceships and fight aliens.
If China, Pakistan and India can be merged into one country, it would be great. We will never have territorial disputes. We can develop our economy with one heart and one mind. The government uses all the money to improve people's lives. Of course, I know that my idea is an illusion.

All human nations should become a community of destiny, building the so-called Earth Federation, and humans can build spaceships and fight aliens.
If China, Pakistan and India can be merged into one country, it would be great. We will never have territorial disputes. We can develop our economy with one heart and one mind. The government uses all the money to improve people's lives. Of course, I know that my idea is an illusion.

Well China and Pakistan can overthrow the Indian government and take over. That sounds realistic.

I think jf-17 blk3 should have:
1. Two additional harpoints under wing.
2. A new powerful engine like WS-13.

But Conformal fuel tanks and HMD can be compromised.

Back
Top Bottom