What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Defence was a big headache for pakistan in 1990s when economy was driven down into the earth due to poor fiscal policies but Pakistanis have short term memory and you see rhat happening again 2018

But in 2018 when economy has increased 5x valie of 1990s and dedwnse budget has barely doubled its less of issue,its more a mismanagement thing and moneyvlayndering now

Foe example the power sector losses FOR ONE YEAR/ last year stood at 600 billion rupees..thats 80% of defense project !

I could provide a rebuttal, but if I were to continue this discussion we would be going OT. Let us continue with JF-17 discussion.

You may take this discussion into Economics section or Senior's Cafe. Thanks.

Agh.... man, that is the problem when you have mullah mobs running the show. If you go ahead and recognise no harm; they will shout and do what ever, but for how long.

Hate only breed hate that is reality.
The threat to Pakistan from Israel is an existential one. We are spared as we are not a bone that can be swallowed yet. But they will try. Denel I am not a mullah and I dont support the antics of these fools who come out and agitate on the roads but I will stand by what I have written above.
A

Yes, by adjusting the shape,size and position of this antenna.
I don't think that the aesa chosen for jf-17 has a side antenna.

Had the AESA supplier decided already?

The threat to Pakistan from Israel is an existential one. We are spared as we are not a bone that can be swallowed yet. But they will try. Denel I am not a mullah and I dont support the antics of these fools who come out and agitate on the roads but I will stand by what I have written above.
A

We are not spared and they continuously work on it.
India is their man in the region.

no .... again it is hypothetical; the only reason why they are engaged with India is money.... they have the money to procure. Trust me Pak is not considered as a threat at all.

no .... again it is hypothetical; the only reason why they are engaged with India is money.... they have the money to procure. Trust me Pak is not considered as a threat at all.
By not considered a threat if you mean they don’t think we pose a threat to them I agree. But if you mean to state that they don’t actively work against our interests then you are mistaken.

Israeli state is run on paranoia. Pakistan is considered a threat due to its nuclear power and a potential export of the nuclear weapon to more openly hostile states like Iran or Syria.
even if Pakistan doesn't enter into direct hostilities with Israel just a mere capability in terms of military is a worry for Israel.
so yes, they do consider Pakistan as a threat and even went to the final stages to conduct a military strike together with India back in the mid 80s and conducted exercises from various Indian air force bases that could target Kahuta

could they do it with or without Indian help? yes they could. but the issue was the fallout and they decided to abandon the operation whether Pakistan's open threat of retaliation to Israel in all possible means and also in equal force to all nations that helped Israel (pointing at India) had anything to do with calling off that attack is debatable.

If you start with the intent of losing than you only lose. It's neither the size of the country nor the economy, it's the will to survive and commitment to fight to the end, not just to get martyred, but to kick ***. Israel is a living example of this, if nothing else at least this is what we can learn from them.

With your approach, we would be better off dissolving our military and spending all those funds on social uplift. and no we are not a small economy or unable to afford the necessary equipment, its just that we keep electing anti-state corrupt to the core criminals as our leaders who have no interest in the country just filling up their coffers. Hopefully if the current government can even reduce that corruption by 50% and recover only 50% of looted money in the last decade, we would be in a position to afford most necessary equipment.

It is foolish to imagine that Pakistan can compel India (10x bigger economy) to ask the world to intervene. There simply are not enough resources around to assure such a scenario.

Stalemate in a defensive war is the best Pakistan can hope for and anything beyond is madness. The world can already see the price Pakistan has paid in an attempt to punch way above its weight. Education, health, infrastructure, economic development have all suffered due to over-commitment of resources for war instead of HDI & economic development. I hope our would-be warriors can also see the same.

JF-17 provides PAF the most cost-effective solution for air-defense needs. PAF can supplement it with other systems within our constraints. Pakistan can not afford to continue failed security-centered policies that have created a vicious cycle of low HDI, low economic growth, & high religious militancy.

Check out Bangladesh's HDI, economic development, & export earnings. Pakistan might learn a thing or two.

You make it sound like Pakistan is a ripe grape and Israelis can just swallow it whole. They didn't dare attack us for whatever reasons in the 80's when we were not even a nuclear state and a lot weaker militarily. It's prudent to assume that they regard us a very serious threat among all Muslim countries just like we regard them as a potential threat. The best strategy is to be one step smarter then the enemy and counter their moves quietly whether politically or by preparing for that.

Israel's very small size gives us an edge in terms of concentrated attack from two directions and their guaranteed total destruction if GOD forbid the dispute escalates to the next level.

Politically however, I don't think the two countries have ever gotten in to any aggressive verbal exchanges on any world forum. We don't have any diplomatic relations with each other but we also don't have any open animosity towards each other, which I think is going to continue for the foreseeable future, however if they sincerely work towards a peaceful solution of Palestine issue and stop human rights violations then we may establish some kind of formal relations with them, which would be good for both the countries.

A

Thats not entirely true ... india has the money but the relationship is more than that

The aesa supplier made it accto the dimensions i.e available shape size power etc. So there is no problem i think.

It is a simple matter of fitting the requirements. The air cooled LFK 601 is tailor made for upgrading existing blocks while the klj-7A is designed for the blk 3. Both were requested by the PAF.

It is a simple matter of fitting the requirements. The air cooled LFK 601 is tailor made for upgrading existing blocks while the klj-7A is designed for the blk 3. Both were requested by the PAF.

Not only these two, even more suppliers have been in contact, but the final winner is not made public yet.
LFK surely is key player in competition.

Back
Top Bottom