What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

F7pg sqdn (17, 20, 23) and mirages (7, 8, 15, 22, 25, 27) that app 20 X 9 = 180 a/c to replace by 2020
assuming remaining jf-17 blk 2 will replace 14 and 18 sqn f7Ps and ccs mirage and f7p will not need replacement as the type will be no longer there and ccs jf-17 sqn will be beefed up so additional 10 total 190 ;)

What is 'silent killer' ? Weapon, radar or blk?
I thought you must have seen the patch....the BVR SD-10 is called the ''silent killer'' by Thunder riders.

CCS one is considered a squadron don't they just borrow the aircraft from other squadron from time to time and have no aircraft of their own
(correct me if i am wrong)
The CCS has it's own dedicated squadron of JF-17s plus a flight of Mirages and F-7s
The only aircraft borrowed are the F-16s

Pilots-induction-ceremony-JF-17-Thunder-Combat-Commanders-School-CCS.gif

Why not? Our snipers have at least some data available.
why should they release it sir any particular reason ? BTW let me inform you paf never released pic or video of its f-16 pods until late 90s

Any comments about the capabilities of WMD-7 sniper pod?

The sniper pod is carried by F16, WMD is Chinese pod

If you talking about the pod in general it's ok it's been shown at airshow as accessory piece

Will it equip the block iii probably not as better and new advanced Chinese pods are already in service

If you are comparing WMD with sniper pod there's no comparison, sniper pod is a brilliant targeting pod and PAF has no substitute, it can target with great accuracy from high altitude in all weather including moving targets from outside the range of jet engine noise

Until the JF-17 can do that sniper and F16 is a top combination

The JF-17 has done tests for a locally produced GPS guided glide bomb kit (mk83). I have seen pictures of this myself which I can't share because of security reasons. Once the product is officially announced I will do so. It was definitely NOT the LS-6 as the LS-6 has its foldable wings on the top and this kit had them on the bottom and also the rear end was much different.

I don't understand why we don't capitalize on things like these to market the JF-17 better.
You sure it was not this:
Pakistani+GIDS+TAKBIR+Series+Satellite+Aided+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+Family+Joint+Direct+Attack+Munition+Extended+Range+(JDAM-ER.jpg

Although it have wings folded on top unlike you mentioned but could that have been a mistake/confusion?

What is 'silent killer' ? Weapon, radar or blk?
It seems our @Windjammer is just trying to tease us here :P This "silent killer" is nothing new but SD10.

I however will like to make my point again, WE MUST NOT BE HIDING these things, no points, it is quite stupid and ridiculous on PAF's part. Specially considering how interested we are in exporting these planes. We cannot expect to keep it under wraps and and convince people to buy just our of trust. I understand that those buyer are not here on defense forums looking for such info but i also believe that many such things are not being conveyed in the meetings either otherwise there would be some leaks now and then. I short, the concerned authorities are quite bad at marketing and our foreign relations and diplomacy just top it off.

Pakistani+GIDS+TAKBIR+Series+Satellite+Aided+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+Family+Joint+Direct+Attack+Munition+Extended+Range+(JDAM-ER.jpg

Although it have wings folded on top unlike you mentioned but could that have been a mistake/confusion?
Yes, I am very sure that even though it may still be Takbir, it did not look like that. The wing section, the tail section and the nose were all different.

Also, this picture is a mock up and we all know how unreliable those can be.

Furthermore, I think all glide weapons have wings on top BUT some like Raytheon SDB2 are mounted upside down and do a roll once deployed. So even though what I saw was mounted with wings on bottom that's not the orientation it would fly in. Also in the mockup you're never sure if the mounting lugs are on the bottom in that picture out of view or they're on top and just omitted from the mockup.

Yes, I am very sure that even though it may still be Takbir, it did not look like that. The wing section, the tail section and the nose were all different.

Furthermore, I think all glide weapons have wings on top BUT some like Raytheon SDB2 are mounted upside down and do a roll once deployed. So even though what I saw was mounted with wings on bottom that's not the orientation it would fly in. Also in the mockup you're never sure if the mounting lugs are on the bottom in that picture out of view or they're on top and just omitted from the mockup.
Well do not mentioned the nose that is part of the bomb and not the guidance kit. Anyway!

Sir Ji, it's not just about the SD-10 but rather the range of the weapon. :-)

Dual Guidance/ Hom on Jamming feature. Public Info. 70 KM maximum launch distance publically disclosed. Can be scaled up to 100 KM. It doesnt take a newton to figure such things but PAF is like a little kid trying to hide candies :P

Then it must be something based on the Raptor / H2 / H4 systems.

Or below is something which you can see with JDAM kit. For making room at the launching rail the bomb can be used in such configuration.

http://www.ausairpower.net/EO/GBU-38-JDAM-ER-Kit-CKopp-2011-1.jpg

Or some Extended Range version just like the below one where they changed the configuration for some aerodynamics factors:

http://www.ausairpower.net/TE-JDAMPt1.html

http://www.deagel.com/library1/medium/2006/m02006120800026.jpg

http://aviationweek.com/site-files/...e/Defense/Missiles/JDAM-ERs_for_RAAF-RAAF.jpg

Last edited:

Well do not mentioned the nose that is part of the bomb and not the guidance kit. Anyway!
Even though the pictures I saw aren't super clear but the nose has a black part that almost looks like a tv-seeker. Maybe it was there just for the test. I am not sure but it did not look like the fuse as I think you are suggesting.

Then it must be something based on the Raptor / H2 / H4 systems.
I don't think so. It was still a glide kit bolted on to a mk-83. I think it's just the final shape of the Takbir kit.

Back
Top Bottom