What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

There is compelling evidence that recent test, raad alcm was launched from a jf-17. There is no possibility to launch it from the f-16 as we don't have access to weapon source codes. But for raad, we do. The footage is clearly from a camera or targeting pod. See the missile dropping down from the fuselage...

Sir i am sorry to say this but if this is true then we are stupid not to announce this publicly. With all the hue and cry regarding F16, with all the aims and dreams of JF17 exports, all that pressure building upon us, WE SHOULD have announced the successful launch of an advanced air launched cruise missile publicly. This is something that ISPR needs to learn and do it fast. The cold war is gone, the espionage, though still in play, in not that effective. Also the best way to win a war between atomic armed nations is by preventing it from starting. Strong defensive and offensive capabilities ensure that.

The JF-17 has done tests for a locally produced GPS guided glide bomb kit (mk83). I have seen pictures of this myself which I can't share because of security reasons. Once the product is officially announced I will do so. It was definitely NOT the LS-6 as the LS-6 has its foldable wings on the top and this kit had them on the bottom and also the rear end was much different.

I don't understand why we don't capitalize on things like these to market the JF-17 better.

The JF-17 has done tests for a locally produced GPS guided glide bomb kit (mk83). I have seen pictures of this myself which I can't share because of security reasons. Once the product is officially announced I will do so. It was definitely NOT the LS-6 as the LS-6 has its foldable wings on the top and this kit had them on the bottom and also the rear end was much different.

I don't understand why we don't capitalize on things like these to market the JF-17 better.
I suspect the R&D is slow and cumbersome. PAF will put the item for sale when it is confident of its capabilities. It may never announce its repertoire of armaments but slowly but surely it is taking steps in the right direction.
A

You must've seen Takbir GPS guided bomb, an indigenous satellite bomb for jf-17 and other assets.

You must've seen Takbir GPS guided bomb, an indigenous satellite bomb for jf-17 and other assets.
I'm reasonably sure that's what it was. It looks much better than the god awful mockup we've seen in exhibitions. Also the picture I saw was a mk83 version. Let's hope they actually announce something and show videos and use them for marketing.

how much of these are rolled out i remember 65 was the no in december 2015 now almost 6 months gone the no should be around 73-78 ?

I've seen Takbir and H-4 hanging below two Mirages of Cobras.
Same issue here, can't share the IMG.

Some confidential info for all you dedicated followers. (Edited) :D

''And yes 5th Sqn gonna be Tail Choppers...its confirmed! Also, here's another update...the JFT 'silent killer' has a far more lethal range and No.2's toy has several advanced locking modes than advertised!''

''And yes 5th Sqn gonna be Tail Choppers...its confirmed! Also, here's another update...the JFT 'silent killer' has a far more lethal range and No.2's toy has several advanced locking modes than advertised!''
i was under the impression that we only have 3 active squadron of jf 17 # 26 ,#16 and # 02 and few in ccs. when was the forth one raised.

Hi, What is this silent killer? is it BVR?

i was under the impression that we only have 3 active squadron of jf 17 # 26 ,#16 and # 02 and few in ccs. when was the forth one raised.
fourth is the CCS one.

Hi, What is this silent killer? is it BVR?

fourth is the CCS one.
CCS one is considered a squadron don't they just borrow the aircraft from other squadron from time to time and have no aircraft of their own
(correct me if i am wrong)

Back
Top Bottom