What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Yes, I am very sure that even though it may still be Takbir, it did not look like that. The wing section, the tail section and the nose were all different.

Also, this picture is a mock up and we all know how unreliable those can be.

Furthermore, I think all glide weapons have wings on top BUT some like Raytheon SDB2 are mounted upside down and do a roll once deployed. So even though what I saw was mounted with wings on bottom that's not the orientation it would fly in. Also in the mockup you're never sure if the mounting lugs are on the bottom in that picture out of view or they're on top and just omitted from the mockup.

Even though the pictures I saw aren't super clear but the nose has a black part that almost looks like a tv-seeker. Maybe it was there just for the test. I am not sure but it did not look like the fuse as I think you are suggesting.

I don't think so. It was still a glide kit bolted on to a mk-83. I think it's just the final shape of the Takbir kit.

Check my previous msg.

Dual Guidance/ Hom on Jamming feature. Public Info. 70 KM maximum launch distance publically disclosed. Can be scaled up to 100 KM. It doesnt take a newton to figure such things but PAF is like a little kid trying to hide candies :P
This is extremely sensitive data and I doubt it ever getting released in public, most of what is in public field is speculative. The both figures you mentioned are inaccurate.
Also the actual ranges which matter such as turn range (Rtr) for a fighter approaching in frontal quarter are highly dynamic and significantly less than 'engineering' range, depend upon speed of your aircraft, speed of approaching fighter, your as well as his altitude. Such data with accuracy cannot be allowed in public domain.

This is extremely sensitive data and I doubt it ever getting released in public, most of what is in public field is speculative. The both figures you mentioned are inaccurate.
Also the actual ranges which matter such as turn range (Rtr) for a fighter approaching in frontal quarter are highly dynamic and significantly less than 'engineering' range, depend upon speed of your aircraft, speed of approaching fighter, your as well as his altitude. Such data with accuracy cannot be allowed in public domain.

China disclosed that officially. Not a speculation at all !

well... than you did not read my post.

We are talking about that level of data,facts and figures which France,America, England Sweden or Italy or Russia releases regarding their BVR tests. How many tests of PAF has done regarding SD-10 from JF-17 that they have publicized ? vis a vis how look at recent BVR test from Rafael.

You second paragraph of post is a common sense no country would release those statistics. What we are demanding about some test videos, some official specs instead of Windjammer leaks :P

We are talking about that level of data,facts and figures which France,America, England Sweden or Italy or Russia releases regarding their BVR tests. How many tests of PAF has done regarding SD-10 from JF-17 that they have publicized ? vis a vis how look at recent BVR test from Rafael.

You second paragraph of post is a common sense no country would release those statistics. What we are demanding about some test videos, some official specs instead of Windjammer leaks :P
With our infantile steps into advertising we are super cautious. This is not right as the feel gòod factor for a nation is important. We need bettter marketing of our products. PAF probably takes the view that the market and interested parties can always be conveyed info. However there is no benefit in releasing info to the public. There are no true rights or wrongs here it is simply a policy decision.
A

With our infantile steps into advertising we are super cautious. This is not right as the feel gòod factor for a nation is important. We need bettter marketing of our products. PAF probably takes the view that the market and interested parties can always be conveyed info. However there is no benefit in releasing info to the public. There are no true rights or wrongs here it is simply a policy decision.
A

http://i.giphy.com/JGqCanenUVJ1S.gif

Manticore sai maar khani hai? :lol:
At my age it takes me two days to understand what he is trying to say. By the time I understand I forget who had written the message in the first place. If I do remember by a stroke of luck it is too late to respond
A

At my age it takes me two days to understand what he is trying to say. By the time I understand I forget who had written the message in the first place. If I do remember by a stroke of luck it is too late to respond
A
This time it is me who doesn't understand what you're trying to say. You don't understand whom?

You seem perfectly alright to me. How old are you again?

This time it is me who doesn't understand what you're trying to say. You don't understand whom?

You seem perfectly alright to me. How old are you again?
Too old for me to bother to reveal my age in public. Nearing retirement should give you some clues.
A
PS--I merely responded to Bratva's post and was not sure whether his post was cryptic and critical or complimentary. I hope this clears the confusion.
A

Too old for me to bother to reveal my age in public. Nearing retirement should give you some clues.
A
PS--I merely responded to Bratva's post and was not sure whether his post was cryptic and critical or complimentary. I hope this clears the confusion.
A
rampage meant that posting non informative off topic smilies / emots / pictures will lead to warnings in warfare sections -- I've modified the codes of the picture

The specially painted JF-17 on it's way to China, makes a stop over at Skardu.

13260233_508849649319865_5715174930350570717_n.jpg

Any comments about the capabilities of WMD-7 sniper pod?

WMD-7 Laser Designator Pod.jpg

Suspended container screening and targeting with infrared, TV and laser sensor.
It is designed to search, recognize and identify targets day or night using infrared sensors, and television. Autoamtické allows tracking, provides information about distance and direction to the target shooting system for carriers. It is equipped with a laser designator and objectives to guide laser guided munitions. It provides visual information to assess the state of destination.

Length: 2.700 m
Diameter: 0.390 m
Weight: 280 kg

Operating range (target 12m x 12m x 10m):
IR: detection of targets over 20 km, 15 km through the identification
TV: finding targets over 22 km, 17 km through the identification
Max. distance to the target indication laser designator: over 13km

Electrical interface: MIL-STD-1760

Source:
According to information from the manufacturer at Farnborough 2010th

The Zhuhai air show, officially as a full exhibit WMD-7 airborne electro-optical targeting pod appears on the stand of China Aviation Industry Corporation. Its official name is WMD-7 day and night targeting pods. WMD-7 day and night infrared, television, laser targeting pods are set in one of the airborne electro-optical detecting system, using infrared, television can be used in conditions day and night searching for ground targets, identify, and track. Tracking State to use the laser on the target ranging, irradiation and guide laser-guided bombs and other precision-guided weapons or ordinary aerial bombs on targets precision strikes and bombardment. Modular design the entire pod, divided into a total head, rolling, environment control and electronic cabin four parts. Users can easily inspect the pod and overhaul. Head optical head of the scope of its activities around 150 degrees. Pitch range is +10 degree ~-150 degree. Laser of laser wavelength in 1.064 microns. Maximum illumination of over 13 kilometers. Distance measurement range of 0.5 km to 18 km/h. Forward looking infrared sensors and video cameras with dual field of view Design.

WMD-7 Databoard.jpg

Also here from manufacturer: http://sdi57800988.en.ec21.com/WMD_7_Day_Night_Targeting--9955231_9959084.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom