What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Hi,

You have to consider the need---utility and the effect of extra weight on the aircraft---.

As for the size of the aircraft---you can only add so much strength to the wings.

7 Hard point for the JF17 are an excellent number.
But we should keep all options open

But we should keep all options open

Hi,

No---it does not work that way---. An open door forces a lack of direction---a lack of committment---a lack of concentration---once your basic fundamental parameters are met---the design is locked---.

It must be locked---. Now you develop on what you have---.

Last edited:
Y20 proj. is landmark, more significant than all fighter projects combined. It can open up civil aviation in 2nd tier countries across the globe. US is more concerned on these kind of developments (that's why you do'nt hear them talking about Y20). Its global dominance in CA is eroding faster than expected.

Hi,

Indeed it is---indeed it is. We get all enamored with the show and pop---and we don't appreciate the mule that carries the cannon barrel and supplies up the mountain top without complaining.

There is 1 f7p, 3 f7pg and at least 6 mirage squadrons (ccs not included) need to be replaced , assuming pak can afford 1 Sqn per year and all will be replaced by JF it's almost a decade to replace all unless paf gets used/new f16s at least 1to 2 Sqn
PGs are not going to be converted any time soon.

PGs are not going to be converted any time soon.

With total life of 2600 to 2800 hours compared to app 3000 for mirage (though they have been extended by PAC), 4000 for jf (may be extended later) and 8000 hours for f16, F7ps and PGs will need to be replaced first as far as i know ;) even F7ps were extended to 2800 from 2600 hours w/o OEM support as OEM were not supportive or not recommending ??? per PAF history

unless PAC has devised a mini overall for PGs to extend 5/10% life like they did for F7ps

Screenshot_2017-03-31-01-08-54.png

Screenshot_2017-03-31-01-08-13.png

Screenshot_2017-03-31-01-07-38.png

Screenshot_2017-03-31-01-06-53.png

No pics of jf dual seater nor Aselpod- yet
I think PAF was goingto design a hard point to carry the Aselpod. Integration and harxpoint design and integration can take time so likelihood is we wont see anything till next year or even with block 3. My 2 paisas worth opinion.
A

I think PAF was goingto design a hard point to carry the Aselpod. Integration and harxpoint design and integration can take time so likelihood is we wont see anything till next year or even with block 3. My 2 paisas worth opinion.
A

One AselPod is in Pakistan since June 2016. @JamD shared a CAD of JF-17 chin mounted HP. Most probably things might have progressed from designing stage to implementing an HP either on those test birds on which CM-400 AKG were tested (10-115) or on which local stand off or aerial refuelling pod was tested back in 2013 (9-109) or another possibility exist, Since dual seater going to be a test bird for Three axis FBW, they are going to test Asel pod on JF-17 B directly this year.

One AselPod is in Pakistan since June 2016. @JamD shared a CAD of JF-17 chin mounted HP. Most probably things might have progressed from designing stage to implementing an HP either on those test birds on which CM-400 AKG were tested (10-115) or on which local stand off or aerial refuelling pod was tested back in 2013 (9-109) or another possibility exist, Since dual seater going to be a test bird for Three axis FBW, they are going to test Asel pod on JF-17 B directly this year.
The point I was trying to make as well as you was that it is somewhere between designing or integration/ testing phase. Where it pitches up is for you and me both to guess.
Regards
A

Back
Top Bottom