What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Managed to get some information from the top, this is the reply i got.

''For paper exercises NATO would always pick some non-NATO stuff as adversary''.
Oo yeh tu hmain pata he ha!! :tup:
They used to name Russian systems some years ago and now China have joined that list. However this is because the most likely scenario is the same. Earlier, the NATO countries were expected to come up against countries armed with the Russian systems alone. What intrests me is who is that likely adversary that may bring on JF17s. :)

The paper describes a well trained force... which will fight avidly... they are talking about pakistan... not an african country

Oo yeh tu hmain pata he ha!! :tup:
They used to name Russian systems some years ago and now China have joined that list. However this is because the most likely scenario is the same. Earlier, the NATO countries were expected to come up against countries armed with the Russian systems alone. What intrests me is who is that likely adversary that may bring on JF17s. :)
Yaara, these are just paper exercises, remember Red Fox and Blue Land parties in our own scenario.
Besides, considering the reports how the JF-17 has been spoiling the day for some well known types, it's mentioned not without a reason. :-)

The document title is Belgian Defence Air Combat Capability

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.vandeput.fgov.be/sites/default/files/articles/Request%20for%20Government%20Proposal_0.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiH3MuE4Y3TAhVlC8AKHfFvCpgQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNG8OmhyK4j4myn5pVARpJmnKFN9Sw&sig2=cvmemmIx2YaxxqTeJukFlQ

For what the document is supposed to be, I believe they would have put in the best information they have

It says

Belgian Defence: Air Combat Capability Program: Request for Government Proposal
(Source: Belgian Ministry of Defence; issued March 22, 2017)

On 22 December 2015, the Belgian government confirmed a requirement for 34 new multi-role combat aircraft to replace the 54 ageing Belgian F-16s in the 2023 to 2028 timeframe. The Belgian defence staff established a formal Air Combat Capability Program (ACCaP).

The program aims at selecting a partner government with whom to negotiate and conclude adequate government-to-government agreements in order to preserve a credible Belgian air combat capability when the current F-16 fleet is retired.

To support the December 2015 government decision, the Belgian Ministry of Defence (MoD) could draw upon the information collected by its defence staff during a preliminary ‘Preparation Phase’. As part of this phase, in June 2014, the defence staff sent out a Request for Information (RFI) entitled ‘Preparation Survey’. The RFI was sent to the government agencies responsible for export support of those multi-role combat aircraft that can reasonably be expected to be in production in the required delivery time frame.

At the time, a conscious decision was made to address the RFI only to NATO or EU partner governments.

On 30 June 2016, the Belgian Council of Ministers noted the Strategic Vision paper for Belgian Defence, confirming the requirement for 34 new multi-role aircraft. The Council asked the Minister of Defence to start implementing the new capabilities that the vision paper calls for.

On 17 March 2017, the Belgian Council of Ministers decided to start the acquisition process for the renewal of the Belgian Air Combat Capability and in doing so approved the release of this Request for Government Proposal (RfGP).

The issuance of this RfGP concludes the preparation phase of the ACCaP and is to be considered the start of the ‘Program Phase’.

RfGP Structure and Aim

This RfGP lays out the overall framework for the ACCaP (Part 1 General), explains the processes, procedures and timelines to be observed (Part 2 Process), lists the requirements (Part 3 Requirement) and imposes a template for the resulting government proposal (Part 4 Proposal).

This RfGP aims to provide the government agencies with information of a sufficient quality so that they can reciprocate in kind. In order to respect the proposed schedule and in order to be able to compare proposals on equal terms, the government agencies are requested to present their responses in accordance with the methodology and templates as described in Part 4.

Three types of output will be requested:
- An outline of a future Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (PMoU);
- Replies to an Information Request Table (IRT);
- A filled-out Cost Data Table (CDT).

Managed to get some information from the top, this is the reply i got.

''For paper exercises NATO would always pick some non-NATO stuff as adversary''.

I have a feeling the FC-1 choice was not random

I think the Belgians see themselves involved in Africa to protect former colonies. I suspect that is how the the FC-1 ends up there.

Its good to conduct paper top excercises...

We shud be conducting our own against all enemies ....real...... or perceived...

I wud not take rcs or data as realistic...

Depends on what excercise wanted to elicit....rcs and other data was probably kept simple for simplicity of planning and probably was completely irrelevant to purposes of excercise...

I do same but in a different field

LS-6 on the JF-17

LS-6.jpg

I think the Belgians see themselves involved in Africa to protect former colonies. I suspect that is how the the FC-1 ends up there.
The FC-1 is taken as the mig-21 replacement for the world, so it makes a good generic selection

The FC-1 is taken as the mig-21 replacement for the world, so it makes a good generic selection

Either way, they got the RCS and readiness time terribly wrong.

The RCS they estimated from a fully loaded (missiles, external tanks, pods all add to RCs)
I thought the same. And spent a bit of time trying to find RCS of loaded fighters but came out empty handed.

Back
Top Bottom