What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Not sure I follow the request was a follows:

@JamD shared a CAD of JF-17 chin mounted HP.

Where is the CAD for intake mounted pylons ?
Yes you are correct to be confused. I never shared something with a chin mounted HP. BUT this was the picture I shared that was in question.

Not sure I follow the request was a follows:

@JamD shared a CAD of JF-17 chin mounted HP.

Where is the CAD for intake mounted pylons ?

Yes you are correct to be confused. I never shared something with a chin mounted HP. BUT this was the picture I shared that was in question.

Mixed Up centerpoint with chinpoint. Yes this is the pic I was talking about. If they were testing this for Center HP, similar CAD might exist for the chin centerpoints as well

Based on current pics of jf-17 the answer is no but curios if jf17 center pylon could Cary 2x 500lbs bomb like mirage 3/5 instead of single 500/1000/2000lb bomb
instruction_sheet_2.jpg

ventral_pylon_jl-100.jpg

Last edited:
From some Belgian DOD document. I know the RCS will bring a lot of debate. I know there is a disclaimer on accuracy
View attachment 388923
who know what "Average" RCS means. It is Frontal, rear and side usually.
Frontal RCS of JF is heavily optimised. Engine is S ducted, and there is no variable geometry inlet which is very difficult to optimise, only US had done this fully and to a degree west europeans as well.

Readiness 15 minutes? That seems long. Or am I not understanding the term?

View attachment 388926
What exactly is this doc?
Country of origin is Belgium?

That is very very interesting and strange. They are talking about JF17 as a potential threat. Meaning a country that is not too friendly(an ex-Soviet one most likely or African state as second possibility). It will be intresting as this doc then indicate that certain country is getting JF17s and the document is a mock up scenario where they will come up against enemy JF17s.

So OPFOR assessment is IRST will materialise on Block III
OPFOR is no assesment body. It means OPPOSING FORCE in this doc. Read it again and you will see that the doc mentions the threats there opposing force can bring to the battle field. JF17 being part of it is intresting.

@HRK @Khafee @araz @Windjammer

Readiness 15 minutes? That seems long. Or am I not understanding the term?

View attachment 388926
What exactly is this doc?
Country of origin is Belgium?

That is very very interesting and strange. They are talking about JF17 as a potential threat. Meaning a country that is not too friendly(an ex-Soviet one most likely or African state as second possibility). It will be intresting as this doc then indicate that certain country is getting JF17s and the document is a mock up scenario where they will come up against enemy JF17s.

OPFOR is no assesment body. It means OPPOSING FORCE in this doc. Read it again and you will see that the doc mentions the threats there opposing force can bring to the battle field. JF17 being part of it is intresting.

@HRK @Khafee @araz @Windjammer

Managed to get some information from the top, this is the reply i got.

''For paper exercises NATO would always pick some non-NATO stuff as adversary''.

Back
Top Bottom