What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

From

Can someone help with identifying the serial number on this baby? This is the clearest image I could grab. If you have better luck, please post here

serial-png.386610

Another thing to note is the flight profile/angle of attack at the end of the high alpha pass. A few hundred metres from the ground, this would be death. It is the classic profile of a stall. Being able to execute this is testament to the sheer power this beast has. @Windjammer you have been very, very silent on this.

upload_2017-3-26_3-12-17.png

Attachments

• serial.png
    serial.png
    755.7 KB · Views: 958
Another thing to note is the flight profile/angle of attack at the end of the high alpha pass. A few hundred metres from the ground, this would be death. It is the classic profile of a stall. Being able to execute this is testament to the sheer power this beast has. @Windjammer you have been very, very silent on this.
A friend who was at the full dress rehearsals on the 21st, when the display was even more daring, posted the details which i shared on this forum elsewhere.

''This years JF and Falcon displays are different and more entertaining (spitting out of flares is more often) and the pilots have taken greater initiative in freedom of their manoeuvres. The JF display was even more nerve-wrecking as the chap flew at 100-150ft which was simply madness. Even the men in blue sitting next to me were like WTH is he doing. The crowd was thrilled. The most nail-biting was the way he manoeuvred in for the high-alpha slow-speed pass. While the F-16 went behind the cables to run in slow the JF dude simply applied the air breaks, pulled 20+ degrees up and while the air brakes were applied JF pitched up he turned the JF's nose around all while staying right above the parade ground. It was literally floating in the air and even the officials seeing were left flabbergasted. I sure hope he gets permission from high ups to repeat the same on the final day!''

Guys i have a question, why we can't make hardpoints in V shape like this
View attachment 386146

We only need to strength the wing to bear the weight? Any expert who can give me logical answer, please do

Hi,

You have to consider the need---utility and the effect of extra weight on the aircraft---.

As for the size of the aircraft---you can only add so much strength to the wings.

7 Hard point for the JF17 are an excellent number.

Hi,

You have to consider the need---utility and the effect of extra weight on the aircraft---.

As for the size of the aircraft---you can only add so much strength to the wings.

7 Hard point for the JF17 are an excellent number.
true, even mig 35 just has 9 hard points, i would still wanted 8 points,1 probably under belly air intake dedicated point for pods, just like tejas or other light fighters

Thanx @araz, whats with the negative rating dude?
Sorry friend. I mostly follow def.pk on mobile. Stubby fingers and small screens dont go well so while moving cursor ratings are given which I am not even aware of.
Anyways undone the damage. Apologies once again and carry on.
A

A friend who was at the full dress rehearsals on the 21st, when the display was even more daring, posted the details which i shared on this forum elsewhere.

''This years JF and Falcon displays are different and more entertaining (spitting out of flares is more often) and the pilots have taken greater initiative in freedom of their manoeuvres. The JF display was even more nerve-wrecking as the chap flew at 100-150ft which was simply madness. Even the men in blue sitting next to me were like WTH is he doing. The crowd was thrilled. The most nail-biting was the way he manoeuvred in for the high-alpha slow-speed pass. While the F-16 went behind the cables to run in slow the JF dude simply applied the air breaks, pulled 20+ degrees up and while the air brakes were applied JF pitched up he turned the JF's nose around all while staying right above the parade ground. It was literally floating in the air and even the officials seeing were left flabbergasted. I sure hope he gets permission from high ups to repeat the same on the final day!''

Sorry I should have said, "The fact that he is able to execute this maneuver is testament to both his awesome skill and the power that this beast has."

PAF - best in the world!!!!!

Y20 proj. is landmark, more significant than all fighter projects combined. It can open up civil aviation in 2nd tier countries across the globe. US is more concerned on these kind of developments (that's why you do'nt hear them talking about Y20). Its global dominance in CA is eroding faster than expected.
million dollar picture
Left: YangWei J-20, JF-17, J-10B/C.
Middle: Tang Changhong JH-7A, Y-20.
Right: SunCong FC-31, J-15.
View attachment 386531

From

Can someone help with identifying the serial number on this baby? This is the clearest image I could grab. If you have better luck, please post here

serial-png.386610

View attachment 386612

Screenshot_2017-03-26-17-01-09.png

There is 1 f7p, 3 f7pg and at least 6 mirage squadrons (ccs not included) need to be replaced , assuming pak can afford 1 Sqn per year and all will be replaced by JF it's almost a decade to replace all unless paf gets used/new f16s at least 1to 2 Sqn

Back
Top Bottom