What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Hi,

The first turn by the JF 17 was breathtaking---I was saying---' how did that happen '?

Great restrained display.

But---enough of that---we need a quality EW suite---.

Last edited:
JF-17 Model displayed at Bangladesh Military Hardware display Dhaka 2017

View attachment 385925 View attachment 385926

Guys i have a question, why we can't make hardpoints in V shape like this
F-35A-hard points.jpg

We only need to strength the wing to bear the weight? Any expert who can give me logical answer, please do

Hi, this is my first post ever on pdf, been a visitor for ages and always kinda felt well represented by MK anyways. Reason for my post is the excellent performance of this thunder/ pilot, i think Mudassir is his name. Wow, best ever performance and i have seen a few over the years and dont mean the flares thingy. The tightest thunder turn with extreme engine control made it glide just before the aircraft turned into the slow run and was next to magical. Reminded me of the F16 performance at F9 park. Nothing short of "atleast" an engine tweak or this guy is the best thunder pilot out there. I have my own vid to prove it too but didnt you guys notice it? Dont blame you, Came home and saw it on PTV rerun and the close frame camera work just makes it look ordinary.

Welcome to PDF & Happy postings!

Do take a minute to introduce yourself at Members' Introduction thread: https://defence.pk/pdf/forums/members-introduction.42/

You are right, the JF-17 display was great, though I did note that in contrast with F-16 display the difference of TWR was palpable. Also, by my reckoning, JF-17's tight turn took 23 seconds while F-16 took 20 seconds. But the good thing is that the current engine is good enough for now and that JF-17 is at least 90% as capable as F-16 in aerial maneuvers.

Journey Of Yasir Muddasir who piloted JF-17 in yesterday show, he is flying thunder for 7 years now

From December 2013 article about JF-17 performance in dubai show

"Wg Cdr Ronald, the 16 Squadron CO, made his last appearance as the Thunder Display pilot at the event on Wednesday November 20, as Sqn Ldr Yaser Mudassar, who has been flying the JF-17 for three years, is now taking over the reigns. I was fortunate to be with both men when they carried out their practice performances in the two jets on the evening of September 16 in perfect conditions. Sqn Ldr Yaser made his international public debut at the show on September 19 after it was put back from the previous day due to a sandstorm and was expected to perform again on the last day but that was cancelled due to bad weather!"

to

CCS, while still being Sq.Leader

jf-17_thunder_no_16_sqn_ccs_combat_school_pilots_induction_ceremony_02.jpg

to Paris Airshow while still being Sq.Led

K3PhNAJ.jpg

To Zhuhai in 2016 while still being Sq.Lead (most probably as a temp placement in No.2 Squadron Minhasin)

img-20161026-wa0000-jpg.346545

img-20161026-wa0001-jpg.346546

To Wing Commander Yasir Muddasir, 2nd in Command of new JF-17 Squadron, "Tail Choppers"

Hi,

The first turn by the JF 17 was breathtaking---I was saying---' how did that happen '?

Great restrained display.

But---enough of that---we need a quality EW suite---.

2 Questions fellow.

1-) What's the difference between JF-17 block 1 & 2?
2-) Is PAF really upgrading all JF-17 block 1 into block 2?

Total production of Block I and Block II is 150 planes.
Around 86 has been inducted while others are being manufactured with speed.By looking speed and work rest would be completed within two years means 2017 -18.

As per Air Chief, Block 3 study has been done and manufacturing will start in 2019 approximately.

while 190 planes are going to retired in 2020,
Still there is a gap of 40 plane, (190-150)

There is no sign of buying any 4.5 generation planes, only negotiations are continue about purchasing 5th generation fighter.

40 plane gap .....? Fill in the Blank dear fellows.

Total production of Block I and Block II is 150 planes.
Around 86 has been inducted while others are being manufactured with speed.By looking speed and work rest would be completed within two years means 2017 -18.

As per Air Chief, Block 3 study has been done and manufacturing will start in 2019 approximately.

while 190 planes are going to retired in 2020,
Still there is a gap of 40 plane, (190-150)

There is no sign of buying any 4.5 generation planes, only negotiations are continue about purchasing 5th generation fighter.

40 plane gap .....? Fill in the Blank dear fellows.

Could be 40 Su-35 or J-11Ds. For remaining 40 units, I am all after twin engine jets.
images

Journey Of Yasir Muddasir who piloted JF-17 in yesterday show, he is flying thunder for 7 years now

"Wg Cdr Ronald, the 16 Squadron CO, made his last appearance as the Thunder Display pilot at the event on Wednesday November 20, as Sqn Ldr Yaser Mudassar, who has been flying the JF-17 for three years, is now taking over the reigns. I was fortunate to be with both men when they carried out their practice performances in the two jets on the evening of September 16 in perfect conditions. Sqn Ldr Yaser made his international public debut at the show on September 19 after it was put back from the previous day due to a sandstorm and was expected to perform again on the last day but that was cancelled due to bad weather!"

to

K3PhNAJ.jpg

To Zhuhai in 2016 while still being Sq.Lead (most probably as a temp placement in No.2 Squadron Minhasin)

To Wing Commander Yasir Muddasir, 2nd in Command of new JF-17 Squadron, "Tail Choppers"

17457343_266768747104294_567448703465137884_n.jpg

to

K3PhNAJ.jpg

BN_HCzvCYAA33Gv.jpg

Back when flying Vipers.
t-38a.jpg
t-38b.jpg
USAF_PAFpilot.jpg

As a UPT student at Missouri, training on T-38 Talons.

Thanx @araz, whats with the negative rating dude?

must have mistaken .... it happens as all three options (like, positive & negative) are in a single row & near to each other ...

Back
Top Bottom