What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So failures could remain hidden from public eye. Mentality of our Defense establishment and PAF.

Come on man, we are not talking about ballistic missile test launches.....the BVR test firing takes place over deserted air space against aerial targets same as in any other country, the only thing a public may get to see is some edited footage.....as far as we know the SD-10 is going through test phase......may be it's already operational.....but then how many times have you seen the PAF Mirages carrying the Exocet or MATRA 550.....or the F-16s with AMRAAMS or Mavericks....all of which are in PAF's aresanal. !!

The use of live weapons means decreasing their operational time. So if you fly a few hundred hours it is ready to be refurbished or even replaced. That is the reason why you have weapons that are not with electronics, engines or whatever. You can see them on Russian plane with the black lines and Americans with the Blue lines.

It is even better not to fly at all with weapons cause the plane suffers less.

It's imperative that Saudi gets it hand on that amazing project. The SNG is interested in non western stuff. We should go for it ,but keep the Pak flag and might add ours too.

Long live Pak :3
Islamic states getting rid of western influence is always appreciable. We all know the history. The damages they did to us.
They way they left Pakistan when they got their interest fulfilled in Afghanistan back in 80's.
Saudi Arabia is the heart of muslim world. The co-operstion between SA and PAK is need of time.
Investing in projects like JF-17 and Al-Khalid 2 will give both sides win win situation.

Come on man, we are not talking about ballistic missile test launches.....the BVR test firing takes place over deserted air space against aerial targets same as in any other country, the only thing a public may get to see is some edited footage.....as far as we know the SD-10 is going through test phase......may be it's already operational.....but then how many times have you seen the PAF Mirages carrying the Exocet or MATRA 550.....or the F-16s with AMRAAMS or Mavericks....all of which are in PAF's aresanal. !!

6 months ago, PAF had 4 AWAC aircrafts but it was a Civilian who disclosed that 4th aircraft was destroyed on sight after 6 months. PAF didn't had courage to speak up. I mean how phathetic public relation handling department of Defense establishment can get?

F-22 raptor is highly classified fighter craft of America. Yet level of disclosure in announcing it's failure and disclosing it's pictures is far higher

Let's tak an example. JF-17 Project director always give interviews to foriegn journals and through foregin channels, Pakistan Awam get the news about what's happening in JF-17 project . Why that director can't arrange a bunch of seasoned local journalists and give a full overview of JF-17 project to them?

Why we are seeing FC-1 pics with SD-10? Is mating of SD-10 with JF-17 is considered a highly classified program that PAF can't release one single image to public with SD-10?

We received JF-17 in 2007 and it's been 6 years. In these 6 years we only saw JF-17 in a clean configuration, so what impression PAF is giving to others, that operationally inducted aircraft is toothless? Nor they cared about correcting the JF-17 Official stats.
Haram khori ki limits cross karna Burecratic establishment say seekahy.

54645.jpg

What is that antennae type thing on rudder, above the Pakistan flag?
@Oscar...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Communication antenna....(UHF/VHF).

WHat does it say int he picture? Any translation?

I just got curious because of the position of the antennae and the weird shape...

WHat does it say int he picture? Any translation?

I just got curious because of the position of the antennae and the weird shape...

The number 1 from below is the flight control and communication antenna as mentioned before.The location tells us that it records flight control information from rudder horizontal stabilizers and plays it's role in VHF/UHF communication.Perhaps @Oscar will add in more/correct me if i'm wrong.

2, says the shortwave antenna (Thanks to @ANTIBODY for the help.)
3, Help yourself ,sir :D

My question is why can't we embed these inside the main body for a streamlined structure?

f-22_cni_ew_arrays.jpg

Probably, it'll be observed in block three as the platform steps up in the process of development.

Last edited by a moderator:
Islamic states getting rid of western influence is always appreciable. We all know the history. The damages they did to us.
They way they left Pakistan when they got their interest fulfilled in Afghanistan back in 80's.
Saudi Arabia is the heart of muslim world. The co-operstion between SA and PAK is need of time.
Investing in projects like JF-17 and Al-Khalid 2 will give both sides win win situation.

You are far away from that stage. As a small economy with an infantile engineering and manufacturing base you will require a few decades before you are at that state provided you continue on the path of constructive growth. The irony is that the vested interests in PAkistan are hell bent on destroying any infrastructure that we build so thay can continue to get their kickbacks. Our shaipyard and Steel industry is a stirling example of Government orchestrated mega mismanagement.
Araz

6 months ago, PAF had 4 AWAC aircrafts but it was a Civilian who disclosed that 4th aircraft was destroyed on sight after 6 months. PAF didn't had courage to speak up. I mean how phathetic public relation handling department of Defense establishment can get?

F-22 raptor is highly classified fighter craft of America. Yet level of disclosure in announcing it's failure and disclosing it's pictures is far higher

Let's tak an example. JF-17 Project director always give interviews to foriegn journals and through foregin channels, Pakistan Awam get the news about what's happening in JF-17 project . Why that director can't arrange a bunch of seasoned local journalists and give a full overview of JF-17 project to them?

Why we are seeing FC-1 pics with SD-10? Is mating of SD-10 with JF-17 is considered a highly classified program that PAF can't release one single image to public with SD-10?

We received JF-17 in 2007 and it's been 6 years. In these 6 years we only saw JF-17 in a clean configuration, so what impression PAF is giving to others, that operationally inducted aircraft is toothless? Nor they cared about correcting the JF-17 Official stats.
Haram khori ki limits cross karna Burecratic establishment say seekahy.

"Come into my parlour , if you want to find out!"says the spider to the fly. Sometimes its good to be quiet.
Araz

I talked to engineers of JF17 when no one even knew about the plane. I flew the sim and I sat in a real one... I talked more then a few hours to engineers. I do not see why people are so obsessed with JF17 being less then something in the western side. Even the G limits or speed... Just take FA18... Is it faster? Is it not able to push above these limits? The plane is good. Not because it is a Pakistani plane but because I know the plane from the inside out.

I talked to engineers of JF17 when no one even knew about the plane. I flew the sim and I sat in a real one... I talked more then a few hours to engineers. I do not see why people are so obsessed with JF17 being less then something in the western side. Even the G limits or speed... Just take FA18... Is it faster? Is it not able to push above these limits? The plane is good. Not because it is a Pakistani plane but because I know the plane from the inside out.

Please answer why the 3rd Sq isn't out yet and what are the expected upgrades on the Block II.

sir do you have any idea about block II of JF 17 what new things it will have and will it most latest models of F-16 ?

Latest model of F-16? nah but it will become an improved, modified, highly tweaked model of F-22. Remember why 99% of our law-makers don't even file tax returns (I'm not talking about paying tax, just filing returns) cause them mother fuckers are tweaking JF-17.

is this a joke or what didn't got your point F-22 is stealth plane Pakistan will develop BlockIII for that but Block II will be improved version of Block I

No it was not a joke, I was being sarcastic if you didn't get it. The question you asked had been asked million times and answered zillion times, and mark my words, JF-17 will remain a JF-17 even after block 4, if there is ever a block 4.

F-16 came out in late 60's early 70's . It is still the same F-16 after four decades of technological leaps and bounds of aerospace industry, with limited upgrades in gadgetry, it didn't transformed in to F-35 or F-22. Same will be the case with subsequent blocks of Thunder, limited upgrades in gadgetry, and for three reasons. One- acute shortage of funding, two- total dependence on China, three- designed role of the aircraft.

If anyone thinks Thunder will transform into something totally different, then the answer is a BIG NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom