What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
893235_631973803483735_236279902_o.jpg

so how'z that??:tup:

I hope not to see images of the JFT with so many drop tanks, it should be carrying armaments nad/or sensors instead - come on IFR

I hope not to see images of the JFT with so many drop tanks, it should be carrying armaments nad/or sensors instead - come on IFR

Most of the public appearances of JFT are either in clean configuration for some aerobatics or for long hauls such as trips to Zhuhai or Farnbrough or some other place for airshows.

There haven't been any other public appearances of JFT.....most of the weapons testing and other stuff is done in secret or in China.

Yeah, those images with the tanks hanging from it make it seem like it has no internal fuel carrying capacity - plus I think as just plain marketing, the ship armed to the teeth, I think it makes for a desirable effect

Yeah, those images with the tanks hanging from it make it seem like it has no internal fuel carrying capacity - plus I think as just plain marketing, the ship armed to the teeth, I think it makes for a desirable effect

Well, we have had alot of discussions previously about the marketing strategy of the JFT and I think a consensus was reached that either the PAF is inept at marketing (expected) or it is deliberately not showing anything in public rather just having talks and negotiations behind the doors.

BTW, every plane utilizes drop tanks for such long distance travels...nothing too bad in it.

Most of the public appearances of JFT are either in clean configuration for some aerobatics or for long hauls such as trips to Zhuhai or Farnbrough or some other place for airshows.

There haven't been any other public appearances of JFT.....most of the weapons testing and other stuff is done in secret or in China.

Like the SD-10A BVRAAM.

pl-12+SD-10A+BVRAAM+PL-5E+II+WVRAAM++JF-17+Thunder+Pakistan+Air+Force+PAF+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile++500+kg+LS-6+Satellite+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+LT-3+LT-2LS-500J+Laser++HAFER+H-4PGM+RAAD+MAR-1+(1).jpg

While some out of public eye were also done in Pakistan.....at least the SD-10 tests. ;)

Yup...but you wont be getting pictures of those at PDF anytime soon!!!

So Mr Muse would have to contend with just fuel tanks for the time being!:D

It's good. Just put a lid on the news coming out and develop JF-17.

One thing we must address is the lack of hardpoints. 9 Hard points is a must. Fuel tanks take up too much of the valuable space.

Light and maneouverable is the name of the game here.We will be playing more of shoot and scoot . Lumbering too much weaponry on the JFT will hamper its performance. " BVRs and Possibly 2-4 SRAAMs should be just fine for the JFT. these can be carried on the dual ejector rack and wont compromise performance .
Araz

Light and maneouverable is the name of the game here.We will be playing more of shoot and scoot . Lumbering too much weaponry on the JFT will hamper its performance. " BVRs and Possibly 2-4 SRAAMs should be just fine for the JFT. these can be carried on the dual ejector rack and wont compromise performance .
Araz

Sir, its already been out and discussed here also, how Thunder can be configure for different mission requirements. The one configuration you mentioned with BVRs and WVRs is already planned. That is the beauty of JF-17 that we have a single platform instead of Mirages, F-7 and A-5, but still it can perform all the missions which those 3 performed for PAF previously.

Araz

Indeed, JFT is not designed to be a bomb truck nor is it a point defence fighter hence it will need the fuel tanks to loiter and fight beyond border or be deployed for special missions with a couple of ASM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom