What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly speaking my interest level for seeing video of PAF performance is NIL.
I know what they will perform, same old 3-Gen aerobatic display, that we have seen past three air shows. Even no smoke winders.
Either our pilots are incapable of doing that (which i doubt because PAF F-16 at turkey showed good performance), or it is JF-17 that can't be pushed too much. :tdown:
I would be expecting the same out of it. It's not about the pilot-capability, I will shortly post a video of interview with Ronald Felix. It's neither about stress on aircraft, but preparation. Some men just like it classic. I do agree, same maneuvers in four air shows, and now probably same in the fifth, needs a change.

Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
many of you seem to suffer from PMT...
In one thread you will be praising JF-17,and in another you will be Rubbishing it.....:lol:

Interesting ripples under LERX. Sign of stress during High G maneuvering?

I was wondering about that, the only aircraft i heard that suffered under stress was the SR-71 Blackbird....and that too when it was hitting Mach-3.

If construction Quality , then its a major flow , no matter how minor can help in sending back radar signals, and if its due to stress then the metal used for the purpose is not meant to be that much stress.

these Vegetarians .....

the phenomenon is called REFRACTION !

LERX tends to cause circular vapor trails, which causes light to bend.
The progressive dark and light shades you see on the LERX, which a vegetarian is associating to metal fatigue, or ill engineered metal is only the subsequent rings.

If you had the lateral view of the plane in the same situation, you will not see the bent metal. you will see ciruclar trails of vapor.

553814_414799721920232_2122529545_n.jpg

these Vegetarians .....

the phenomenon is called REFRACTION !

LERX tends to cause circular vapor trails, which causes light to bend.
The progressive dark and light shades you see on the LERX, which a vegetarian is associating to metal fatigue, or ill engineered metal is only the subsequent rings.

If you had the lateral view of the plane in the same situation, you will not see the bent metal. you will see ciruclar trails of vapor.

Even if you meant DIFFRACTION, you would still be wrong, regardless of dietary habits.

Interesting ripples under LERX. Sign of stress during High G maneuvering?

I was wondering about that, the only aircraft i heard that suffered under stress was the SR-71 Blackbird....and that too when it was hitting Mach-3.

If construction Quality , then its a major flow , no matter how minor can help in sending back radar signals, and if its due to stress then the metal used for the purpose is not meant to be that much stress.

Even if you meant DIFFRACTION, you would still be wrong, regardless of dietary habits.

I meant REFRACTION.

How in God's name would diffraction come into play here ?

I meant REFRACTION.

How in God's name would diffraction come into play here ?

Let's see:

Refraction is the change in direction of a wave due to a change in its medium, whereas diffraction can be constructive and destructive to create light and dark areas in the manner that you describe. BOTH do not apply here.

Those are actual ripples in the fuselage skin, and no big deal.

timthumb.php

China Air Show: JF-17 Thunder roars in the skies of Zhuhai
ZHUHAI: An impressive inaugural ceremony marked the opening of Zhuhai International Air Show here on Tuesday.

timthumb.php

China Air Show: JF-17 Thunder roars in the skies of Zhuhai
ZHUHAI: An impressive inaugural ceremony marked the opening of Zhuhai International Air Show here on Tuesday.

Now, Chaudary V Chan sab, will tell us
why the LERX didn't bend and twist.

Chalo Chaudary sab....

Now, Chaudary V Chan sab, will tell us
why the LERX didn't bend and twist.

Chalo Chaudary sab....

Because the ripples are small, and need light at a LOW angle to be visible.

You lot are all educated people.
How can you even assume that a plane with so much deformed 'lift providing surfaces' can remain airborne?
The examples of ripples in the plane others have pisted is on fuselage and other 'non lift generating' surfaces.
Dont you think that so much heavy deformation will cause turbulance under the wing and the plane will fall off the sky?

You lot are all educated people.
How can you even assume that a plane with so much deformed 'lift providing surfaces' can remain airborne?
The examples of ripples in the plane others have pisted is on fuselage and other 'non lift generating' surfaces.
Dont you think that so much heavy deformation will cause turbulance under the wing and the plane will fall off the sky?

You should really walk up close to an airplane and actually touch it to see what I mean.

On the fuselage, the wrinkles lessen as the pressure difference at altitude increases. On a wing, the top surfaces flexes while the bottom one stretches due to wing flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom