What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting ripples under LERX. Sign of stress during High G maneuvering?

Not stress, but a manifestation of the quality of construction.

Such minor ripples are common, and are only highlighted in the picture due to the angle of the lighting.

Such minor ripples are common, and are only highlighted in the picture due to the angle of the lighting.

I was wondering about that, the only aircraft i heard that suffered under stress was the SR-71 Blackbird....and that too when it was hitting Mach-3.

The picture in subject is not from this year, it's from 2010 Zhuhai I believe.

Ripples are a common feature on aircraft, atleast passenger jets, due to constant pressurization de-pressurization at high altitudes and low. At ground, ripples are very much visible, at higher altitudes, when the cabin is pressurized, the depressions pop up and disappear.

But don't know about this. Maybe it's just the angle of sunlight. Although this does look strange.

I was wondering about that, the only aircraft i heard that suffered under stress was the SR-71 Blackbird....and that too when it was hitting Mach-3.

That was due to speed-related thermal issues, which led to expansion at sustained high speeds. The SR-71 was made very loose to the point it leaked fuel when parked, and was given only enough to take off and refuel in the air. The airplane sealed up perfectly when the panels expanded due to heat.

If construction Quality , then its a major flow , no matter how minor can help in sending back radar signals, and if its due to stress then the metal used for the purpose is not meant to be that much stress.

If construction Quality , then its a major flow , no matter how minor can help in sending back radar signals, and if its due to stress then the metal used for the purpose is not meant to be that much stress.

No, it is NOT a major flaw. Such ripples are fairly common, and generally do not affect performance in any appreciable way.

Its new picture, cuz earlier we never had a clear picture of JF-17 with Vapour Puff on top.
and the discussion on Ripples on thunder has been done before on a similar picture of bottom view. http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...tirole-fighter-thread-4-a-62.html#post1340062
I'm sorry but I tend to disagree, plus the skies in both pictures look similar. Infact, many factors do!

18980413087655366821756.jpg

I'm sorry but I tend to disagree, plus the skies in both pictures look similar. Infact, many factors do!

18980413087655366821756.jpg

Plz see the post from where you have taken this picture, i was the first to share this picture on this forum.
and If you read my previous post again, i said
"Its new picture, cuz earlier we never had a clear picture of JF-17 with Vapour Puff on top
Here i meant by CLEAR, a SHARP picture.

Anyway, If you have seen that picture before please share the source i.e where it was posted before, so we can see the time & date of the post . I am sure you will end up searching all forums and will find nothing :enjoy:.

Plz see the post from where you have taken this picture, i was the first to share this picture on this forum.
and If you read my previous post again, i said

Here i meant by CLEAR, a SHARP picture.

Anyway, If you have seen that picture before please share the source i.e where it was posted before, so we can see the time & date of the post . I am sure you will end up searching all forums and will find nothing :enjoy:.

Never seen the picture but did reckon that must've been another angle. Let's wait for a wait or two for videos to emerge and hence come to a final conclusion!

Never seen the picture but did reckon that must've been another angle. Let's wait for a wait or two for videos to emerge and hence come to a final conclusion!

Frankly speaking my interest level for seeing video of PAF performance is NIL.
I know what they will perform, same old 3-Gen aerobatic display, that we have seen past three air shows. Even no smoke winders.
Either our pilots are incapable of doing that (which i doubt because PAF F-16 at turkey showed good performance), or it is JF-17 that can't be pushed too much. :tdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom