What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my sense Pakistan is doing India a favour by making JF 17 their front line fighters after F 16. I was of the mood that old aged SAM purchased from Russia need to be replaced by modern day SAMS to the earliest but if JF 17 is what they have to deal with, I think they can be used for 10 more years.

I think PAF too like IAF need a true multi role fighter and for that issue a tender similar like MMRCA. With TOT of a superior fighter it will be good for Pakistan indigenous programme, if at all they have.

In my sense Pakistan is doing India a favour by making JF 17 their front line fighters after F 16. I was of the mood that old aged SAM purchased from Russia need to be replaced by modern day SAMS to the earliest but if JF 17 is what they have to deal with, I think they can be used for 10 more years.

I think PAF too like IAF need a true multi role fighter and for that issue a tender similar like MMRCA. With TOT of a superior fighter it will be good for Pakistan indigenous programme, if at all they have.

Do remember you have a fleet big enough to overshadow your entire standing airforce with just its 4,4.5 generation fighters on the other side of the border ... LOL!

As far as JF-17 goes, It is TAILOR MADE for our airforce and so far PAF is more than just satisfied with its performance ... Do remember once new weapons like PL-21 or PL-10 come out, PAF will have the option to go for them to make JF-17 more lethal ....

Plz don't go what will happen in future. If it is a matter of a year, then ok. Otherwise left that out. So stop talking about PL 21 or PL 10.

Plz don't go what will happen in future. If it is a matter of a year, then ok. Otherwise left that out. So stop talking about PL 21 or PL 10.

O really, so MMRCA is the matter of a year ?? like you were boosting just a post ago..You are underestimating the capability of a fighter whose presence has changed quite much in our airforce ... unfortunately you dont even have the basic knowledge on what JF-17 brings to the table and are just another blind follower of the media ... just go look up JF-17 info pool thread ... You may have some surprises coming your way ...

P.S do you even know what PL-10 or PL-21 are in the first place ... :D

Never mind FYI JF-17 have serious anti-Radiation capability and it can take out your best of the best Air defense systems.

604123_10151195354089130_1066810274_n.jpg

If time travel was invented operatinal ...

we could go back, and replace your oridnary salt with Oidized salt.

alas ....

Tell you what:
Sign in your consent, and if one day that was possible we would help you. Really.. Promise.

Never mind FYI JF-17 have serious anti-Radiation capability and it can take out your best of the best Air defense systems.

With another missile in option that is LD10 and its look similar shape like sd10 and we don't know its its specification yet. so we can say for ground breaking ceremony we have

1. MAR-1
  2. LD-10
  3. RAAD
  4. H2 &
  5. H4

Please note that first 50 toys role are air to land attack

Yeah..MMRCA the great indian joke..
Have some shame and stop mentioning this media attention grabbing stunt by Indian Airforce,which is still years away from happening if it ever happens.

JF-17 Thunder: A Customized Multirole fighter
By Najam Khan | November 13, 2012 | JF-17 Thunder

International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) 2012 has recently ended at Expo Centre, Karachi. This 7th edition of the exhibition is held after a delay of four years. Many new investors have made their way to this exhibition. Weapons, ammunition, C4ISR systems, engineering, logistics and naval equipment are categorized in nine different categories.

IDEAS give an ideal platform to manufactures of weapon systems, ammunition, logistics to present their systems to their potential customers and Pakistani defence organizations at large. This five-day event has showcased military related equipment from 209 firms; including 135 foreign and 74 Pakistani firms. Delegations from over 80 countries around the world have participated in this exhibition.

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and Chengdu Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAC) joint venture JF-17 Thunder is also displayed at IDEAS 2012 along with Super-Mushshak primary trainer and K-8 Advance Jet Trainer.

JF-17 Thunder is displayed with an array of air-to-ground weapons, successfully integrated and in operational service with PAF. Brazilian origin MAR-1 Anti-Radiation Missile, Chinese PL-5E Short Range Air-to-Air Missile (SRAAM), Hafr Runway Penetration Bomb (RPB) (Pakistani variant of MBDA Durandal) and U.S.-Origin Mk-82/84 General purpose bombs are also displayed in IDEAS 2012.

MAR-1 missile was integrated with JF-17 in the first half of 2011 and it was made operational in 2012. PL-5E II Air-to-Air missile, MK-82/84 bombs and Hafr RPB were also successfully integrated in 2010. Numerous bombing practice missions have also been conducted in past couple of years.
Unlike previous public appearances of JF-17 on air shows and defence exhibitions; this time no SD-10 Medium Range BVR missile, C-802 Anti-Shipping missile, WMD-7 Electro-Optic/IR targeting pod, KG-300 Electronic Warfare pod or LS-6 glide guided are displayed. One of the reasons is that Zhuahi Air Show 2012; which will be held from 13 to 18 November 2012 in China will be featuring the Chinese-origin air, land and sea attack weapons for JF-17 Thunder.

Over the years JF-17 has matured enough to form the backbone of PAF. Integration of various classes of weapons systems from different origins has increased its potential to multi-folds. The low-operating cost and smaller price tag gives JF-17 a significant edge of other fighters of its class; which deliver similar performance at a hefty price tag.

It is pertinent to mention here that JF-17 is a customized Multi-Role fighter for PAF. The weapons displayed and integrated with it so far are subjected to PAF’s Air Staff Requirements (ASR). There are many Western and Chinese origin weapons which are in process of integration or queued up for integration (if required by any customer). FC-1; the export version of JF-17 will incorporate Chinese origin avionics, Electronic Warfare suite and GPS/navigation technology. Modifications to meet any western origin aircraft design can be made; including integration of US origin AIM-9L Sidewinder missile, British origin Martin Baker Zero-Zero ejection seats and western origin GPS/navigation technology as well. Some of these aforementioned western origin changes are already done in PAF JF-17s.

As mentioned before, an array of weapons are queued up for integration with JF-17.
These weapons include Chinese origin CM-802 Stand-Off Weapon (SOW); land attack derivate of the C-802 (YJ-82) anti-ship missile with a range of 230km, Chinese origin CM-400 SOW; a super-sonic SOW with lethal penetration and fire-and-forget capability, South African Origin H-2 SOW (already in service with PAF Mirages since mid1990s) and Pakistani Hatf-VIII Ra’ad Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) capable of carrying both conventional and non-conventional warheads and possibly Chinese origin TL-500 SOW; newly showcased 500 kg SOW at Zhuhai Air Show 2012. Various classes of 250kg and 500kg glide guided bombs are also available for integration with JF-17. These include LT-3 (500kg glide bomb with foldable wings), LS-6 (500kg/250kg/100kg/50kg glide bomb) etc. Satellite/inertial guidance kits are also available for addition with 250kg/500kg general purpose bombs making them lethal precision guided bombs (similar to US JDAM) for a target of up to 60kms. FT-1/FT-2 guidance kits can be embarked upon 500kg/1,000lb bombs whereas FT-3/FT-4 satellite/inertial guidance kits can be employed on 250kg/500lb class general purpose bombs. These guidance tail kits are available in strap on folding wing kits and planar wing kits. Low drag bomb casing and steel penetrator warhead (for deep penetration in concrete structures like Hardened Air Shelters (HAS)) can also be employed.

A part from the aforementioned avionics and weapon load customization options available with JF-17 Thunder, there is one significant portion left un-discussed i.e.range and endurance of the aircraft. The first batch of 50 JF-17s for PAF has a combat radius of 1300km, which will be enhanced by introduction of Air-to-Air refuelling probe in the second batch. The take-off distance of 2,000ft (610m) and landing distance of 2,700ft (823m) makes JF-17 favourable aircraft for shorter-runway or road-landing operations.

China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation (CATIC) and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) are marketing JF-17 as “cutting edge technology at an affordable cost” to small budget air forces operating Mig-21/J-7/Mig-29 and Mirage-III/V aircraft. No doubt that JF-17 delivers a hard hitting and complete solution with smaller operating cost and greater flexibility.

This article was published in The Frontier Post on November 13, 2012.

jf-17_thunder_pakistan_air_force_china_kamra_rd_93_01.jpg

JF17-Thunder.jpg

JF-17 Thunder displays high agility, monoeuvrability at Zhuhai Air Show

ISLAMABAD, Nov 13 (APP): JF-17 Thunder during Zhuhai International Air Show in China has displayed high agility and manoeuvrability which was also visible in the form of ‘white condensed air streaks’ generated from wing roots of the aircraft. The show was inaugurated with an impressive inauguration ceremony Tuesday, said a press release received from China.
The Air Show is being participated and attended by professionals and representatives of Aviation Industry from China as well as professionals from all over the world.
For participation in the Air Show, three ‘JF-17 Thunder’ aircraft of Pakistan Air Force were flown to Zhuhai last Friday. Pakistan Air Force contingent at Zhuhai is being led by Air Vice Marshal Javaid Ahmed, who is also Chief Project Director for the JF-17 Programme.
The impressive JF-17 (Thunder) jointly co-developed (by PAF & CATIC), and co-produced by PAC (Pakistan Aeronautical Complex) and CATIC (China Aero-technology Import Export Corporation) put up static as well as impressive aerial display at the Air Show.
During Air Show, aviation professionals and military delegates from all over the world appreciated high performance of JF-17 Thunder aircraft.
At static display, military professionals displayed keen interest in JF-17s large inventory of weapons comprising general purpose & precision guided bombs, air-to-air Infra Red & Beyond Visual Range missiles, as well as air-to-surface and anti-ship missiles and Electronic Warfare pods. The JF-17 on static display was visited by Air Chiefs and delegates from many countries, who appreciated the man-machine interface and combat potential of the aircraft.
The JF-17 made its debut at Farnborough Air Show in 2010, when two JF-17s flew all the way from Pakistan to Farnborough, UK. Four months later in November 2010, three JF-17s flew over to China to participate in Zhuhai Air Show, where the aircraft made its first ever aerobatics display. In June 2011, three JF-17s participated in aerobatics and static display in 100-years Celebrations of Turkish Air Force and subsequently 03 JF-17s also participated in Dubai Air Show in Oct’ 11. At all Air Shows, the JF-17 attracted intense focus of visitors and international media.
The JF-17 Thunder is an all weather, multi-role, light combat aircraft that has the potential to be the main stay & work horse of any Air Force. The design of JF-17 aircraft is based on modern concepts of aerodynamics. The aircraft is equipped with a digital fly-by-wire flight control system that gives it the agility in all regimes of the operational flight envelope.
The JF-17 has a complete glass cockpit, excellent man-machine interface and modern self-protection suite, which enhance combat potential and survivability of the aircraft.
The JF-17 is equipped with fourth generation avionics systems, wide range of conventional & smart weapons, long range glide bombs, Beyond Visual Range & short range Air-to-Air missiles, Anti-Ship missile and Air-to-Surface missiles.
The aircraft requires remarkably short lengths of runway for take-off & landing, which offers flexibility of aircraft operations at short air strips. Shortly, the aircraft will also have Air-to-Air refuelling capability, which will further enhance its combat potential and employment options. Pakistan Air Force has inducted JF-17 in its fleet which since Year-2009 are rolling out from Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra.
The JF-17 Programme has been a success story since its inception in 1998. Developmental work on the aircraft commenced in the year-1999 and detailed design was finalized in September, 2001. After flight testing, a Small Batch of 08 aircraft was produced in year-2007 and finally serial production of the aircraft started in Pakistan in the Year-2009. So far PAF’s two Squadrons have been equipped with JF-17s, while the third is planned to be raised by beginning next year.
At present, JF-17 aircraft stands prominent in its own class of fighters. In the present environment, when defence budgets are shrinking and Air Forces face difficulties in affording modern combat aircraft, JF-17 offers a highly cost effective solution with cutting edge capabilities. In the shape of JF-17 aircraft, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and CATIC offer a cost- effective, highly potent, multi-role combat aircraft which is capable of meeting the challenges of present and future Air Power employment.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom