JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1011260258fc2adb43e7e33fc4.jpg

1011260337f90716cf2a8b4bc9.jpg

1011260338aa54f932c79ef6bb.jpg

find two jf17 videos from youtube

jf17 and j10,very short videos

this wonderful videos of jf17 history , most probably from one of :welcome:'s jf17 lover!Thx to him:yahoo: great job!!

Last edited by a moderator:
These two can be labeled as our first "BIG TICKET" items for export market

Exactly,
actually it is more about eastablishing the neam in the market and these two have the potential to do so for Pakistan.
If you can recall, a few years back, PA marketed the AK in Saudi Arabia. Even though they are a brotherly country, even though it was claimed and proved that AK is as good as the competitor Abram, also the fact that SA could have gone for three AK in price of one Abram, still Abrams were preferred as they were market proven and US have a big, rather is the biggest name of arms export market.
That’s why I suggested that the initial orders of both JFT and AK will be a case of getting the stones rolling.

Regards!

one thing is for sure,
its a bloddy beautiful plane,

the top and bottom images are magnificant,

27_130384_e189d391f7fec00.jpg

27_130384_b2e4f9961c9128a.jpg

27_130384_79f30311dcb9b72.jpg

293_72972_72637b02f8f75fe.jpg

though it look a bit on bulkier side when viewed from side angle.

71e0bc97f211e5a97d77d7d2b1a78e52.jpg

bd7ea74f40767a3788d795775c3e99b4.jpg

but still....
it realy beautiful!

I want to ask one question (please clarify even you find it stupid / naive)

We have discussed here many times the need for a more powerful engine for JF_17 (to increase the TWR etc. etc). It has been discussed in other places that WS-13 is going through taxi trials at the moment and is envisaged as a future engine for JF-17.

I want to know that why the WS-10 (which is used for J-10) has not been used for JF-17. Is it because the size of WS-10 is too big or the problems with end user license ?

Just to add,
The first order for JFT might well be a case of getting the stones rolling. Once we get first order, many more will follow in. its just that at the present Pakistan and China are not as established in export market as Russia, US or EU states.
We have a lot to offer in export market, once we get our name on the exporters list, Al-Khalid tanks, APCs, Anza missiles, Guns and ammunitions, JFT, UAVs can all see foreign colors!!
Inshallah!

Regards!

Personally i am not too fussed about us getting orders for export for the moment.We have a high internal demand, plus the chinese would like to integrate 150 copies as well. This may well take time and so export is not our main priority. Typical negotiations can take a good 2-3 yrs. So unless things have been going on for some time, which would be unlikely as we still have our own integration and the parent country has not inducted the aircraft, export may well take 2-3 yrs before the first order. However, one thing is for certain, we will get a lot of orders for it. My 2 paisas worth.
Araz

A cheap shot and highly unprofessional. This is the wet dream of some pimply frustrated teen jerk, who thinks speeding up the film of the Tejas will make it look impressive.
What Tejas will do or not is not the topic of discussion here. I think Indian aviation industry is taking the next step towards indegenous development, however Tejas is late, becoming more and more expensive, and still not meeting the requirements of IAF. India will keep on advancing and develop rapidly but Tejas in my humble opinion will never see mass induction into IAF. Nonetheless, India will go on and produce better products which will be successful. This however will take time.
I do not want to waste time comparing the philosophy behind the two planes and why one is a success while the other is not as yet, but it is pertinent to understand the stages of development and the philosophy behind the two to understand and analyse the situation objectively.
Araz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom