What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh..yes.. look closely.

"The Pentagon also points out that China sold a communication satellite to Nigeria and is trying to woo customers in Pakistan,Bolivia,Laos and Vietnam."

so.....:coffee:

sdo9vk.jpg

who is this person ???
can any one tell, to whom country he belongs??

PT-04 means they have handed over the prototype-4 to PAF for further development by their own or to use it in air fleet.

i guess from now on PAF would take care of these PTs

Pt-04 was the one of two airframes handed over to PAF in 2007. This is some old picture, which has surfaced now.

Pt-04 is now in PAF colors, most probably the 101 or 102 serial number.

Actually not the increased payload makes Gripen NG interesting, but the airframe changes that increased the number of heavy stations.
This difference with the increased internal fuel makes it way more comparable to medium class fighters, than just some more payload.
An actual JF 17 design with increased payload can still carry only fuel tanks, or heavy weapons on 1 x centerline and 2 x wing stations. Gripen NG instead has 2 + 2 heavy weapon stations for fuel, or weapons now, one have to admit that this is a pretty clever solution by the Swedes!
YouTube - Splendid Pakistan JF-17 Thunder. Landing & Takeoff Farnborough Airshow

hello..........indian guy,see with bull`s eye`s how many fuel tanks are attached with jf 17,:coffee:

Current (Block-I) of JF-17 carries the KLJ-7 radar. "Reported" range of this radar on different websites is anywhere from 70km to 120km. It is being discussed that SD-10 (range 70+ km) will be integrated as the BVR missile for current JF-17 (Block-I).

I have two questions:

1. Why SD-10 when SD-10A is already here (i.e. why not the latest version)

2. If the radar has average range 100km then how can it guide the missile that has a range very close to the radar itself.

Current (Block-I) of JF-17 carries the KLJ-7 radar. "Reported" range of this radar on different websites is anywhere from 70km to 120km. It is being discussed that SD-10 (range 70+ km) will be integrated as the BVR missile for current JF-17 (Block-I).

I have two questions:

2. If the radar has average range 100km then how can it guide the missile that has a range very close to the radar itself.

People will generall talk of F-16s, or Mig-21s without being particular about the exact version. I believe it is the same with the SD-10. 80% of the time, people will say "sd-10" without making an effort to say SD-10A or whatever.

If my life depended on the answer I would use figures in this official brochure. The KLJ-7 has a range greater than 105km. And I believe they are being conservative - the actual data being a sensitive secret.

2r70vgw.jpg

I have two questions:

Well Tempest gave a good answer to your queries, plus do remember, today's warfare is net centric, meaning the aircraft can fire its BVR missile without even activating its own radar, another aircraft with longer range radar or even the AEW&C can guide the missile towards its target. And as time goes by, there would be advanced in the radar tech and the radar with a range of 105KM 3-4 years back, may be now having more range. So there is no problem even if the missile range and radar range is equal or little bit unequal.

293_112081_b77777f633f567b.jpg

look at this,
under the inlet just undr where it begin there looks that there is a POD there.
it is a new addition, in it.
if it is that is great, this is what i had been saying again and again that PAF must atleast increase one hard point immediately to house a targetting POD. with the first squadrons to be employed in CAS roles, the current 7 hard points is a bit too low with two for fuel tanks, tow for wing tip missiles and just two bombs with the thirs one carrying a targetting POD.

i hope i am not mistaken and it is actually an added hard point!

regards!

293112081b77777f633f567.jpg

a close up picture . . . . .

1236r.jpg

If u r considering the above . . . . . than man its gun . . . . Of JFT

and how many time we have to tell u people . . . .

But yes opposite to it, they can put a hard point for targeting pod . . . . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom