What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing new - typical anti-chinese propoganda by a american magazine - the engines will be delivered - 100 already for the PAF and 50 of a 2nd batch/order delivered - russia cant afford not to sell the engines - it dosnt make commercial sense!

.....and typically our cross-border friends will pick on any 'negativity' regarding the JFT! - sour-grapes perhaps viz-a-vie the 'famed LCA'

Do you think Russian want to affect their aircraft sell just because of RD 93 sell to china ??? :disagree:

Well that news is true for every export of FC1/JF17 they need Russian engine and i dnt think if any deal effect their own deal so they dnt gonna provide engine for that deal.

Do you think Russian want to affect their aircraft sell just because of RD 93 sell to china ??? :disagree:

Well that news is true for every export of FC1/JF17 they need Russian engine and i dnt think if any deal effect their own deal so they dnt gonna provide engine for that deal.

Yeah.. the Russians are really stupid ..they will stop selling Rd-93's to china..just to protect a sale of 50 or so Mig-29's..and jeopardize any future deals for AL-31's for the J-10,J-11,Mkk,Mk2.. etc.
Nice logic...now I understand why there is section in a related forum called DODO section.

d9dedc725c3e4aa7f5dc018d8ec59dc0.jpg

it is best jf17 pic ,i think.:bounce:

Last edited:

China has already tested their vertion/equivelant of rd-93 so russian engine supply will not effect jf-17's sell .morover every aircraft has its own segment/customer so no one will hamper others market .:coffee:

Most probably an upload from one of PDF's Chinese members..Thanks to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosoboronexport is preparing a contract for the delivery of additional RD-93 jet engines to China, a senior official from the company said on Tuesday.

Beijing concluded a $238-mln contract with Moscow in 2005 for supplies of a 100 RD-93 engines with options for another 400 to equip its FC-1 Fierce Dragon fighter jets, jointly developed with Pakistan.

"We are holding new talks with the China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation [CATIC] on another option for additional 100 RD-93 engines," Deputy General Director of Rosoboronexport Alexander Mikheyev said at the Airshow China 2010, which is being held on November 16-21 in Zhuhai.

"We hope that this contract will be signed," Mikheyev added.

The RD-93 engines is a variant of the RD-33 engine developed to power the MiG-29 fighter jet.

The RD-93 was developed by Russia's Klimov design bureau specifically for the FC-1 fighter, known in Pakistan as the JF-17 Thunder.

ZHUHAI (China), November 16 (RIA Novosti)

Rosoboronexport is preparing a contract for the delivery of additional RD-93 jet engines to China, a senior official from the company said on Tuesday.

Beijing concluded a $238-mln contract with Moscow in 2005 for supplies of a 100 RD-93 engines with options for another 400 to equip its FC-1 Fierce Dragon fighter jets, jointly developed with Pakistan.

"We are holding new talks with the China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation [CATIC] on another option for additional 100 RD-93 engines," Deputy General Director of Rosoboronexport Alexander Mikheyev said at the Airshow China 2010, which is being held on November 16-21 in Zhuhai.

"We hope that this contract will be signed," Mikheyev added.

The RD-93 engines is a variant of the RD-33 engine developed to power the MiG-29 fighter jet.

The RD-93 was developed by Russia's Klimov design bureau specifically for the FC-1 fighter, known in Pakistan as the JF-17 Thunder.

ZHUHAI (China), November 16 (RIA Novosti)

Additional Engines are most probably for the Export Orders.

I just went through news on jung.com.pk that
Rao Qamar Suleman has announced that pakistan JF-17 will be loaded with chines missile which i am sure is SD-10
Congs to All

I just went through news on jung.com.pk that
Rao Qamar Suleman has announced that pakistan JF-17 will be loaded with chines missile which i am sure is SD-10
Congs to All

I think more likely to be SD-10A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom