What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this says this bearer has fired/worked with SD-10! ... ???

20101116064539614876.jpg

they have written SD-10 but made Pl-5 or Sidewinder type thing . dont they see any difference b/w Pl-5 & SD-10. PAF alway do Poor work on badges & PS .

what is the difference between Sd-10 and SD-10A?

are they same?

SD-10 would most probably be the earlier variant of the missile, while SD-10A would be a more advanced variant compared to the previous or should we say the prototype/testing stage variant. Range, seeker tech, data link etc etc seem to be the changes in SD-10A, which may be lesser or non available in the SD-10 variant.

Pakistan commits to Chinese surface-to-air missile systems

Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:40:31 PM by BNO News

ZHUHAI, CHINA (BNO NEWS) — Pakistan has bought Chinese missiles and avionics for its 250 JF-17 Thunder fighter jet, and is in pre-purchase evaluations on several other Chinese air defense systems, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said.
According to Suleman, the SD-10, a middle-range missile developed by China, will become the standard weapon of the JF-17. “PAF has no plans to install Western devices and weapons on the aircraft for the time being,” Suleman told Global Times newspaper during the Airshow China 2010.

According to Suleman, Pakistan may also order Chinese-made precision-guided bombs and advanced missile systems, including surface-to-air systems.

Recently, the PAF took delivery of the first of four Chinese ZDK-03 AWACS planes, he told China Daily. He added that the PAF’s production of JF-17s is “on a very fast track”, and Islamabad is expecting to build 25 jets by the end of the year.

Suleman said that “there is no shortage of trust and no shortage of will,” between both regional military powers, and added that “there will be more projects developed successfully.”

India recently signed a major defense cooperation agreement with the United States.

Pakistan commits to Chinese surface-to-air missile systems

Gripen NG Decoy Decision Nears | AVIATION WEEK

Saab is continuing along the road to fully defining — and will soon make an important supplier decision on — its next-generation (NG) fighter’s self-protection suite.

The Gripen NG will have a fiber-optic towed decoy as a baseline subsystem to help defeat radar-guided missile threats. A towed decoy is only an option on the current model, but the supplier choice is pending for the subsystem on the NG, says Eddy de la Motte, a Gripen International program official.

Meanwhile, Saab is currently trying out different cockpit concepts for what the avionics setup should look like. That process also is expected to wrap up soon. Having completed two trial periods with the Gripen NG demonstrator, the aircraft will now go into a layup period to be modified into an avionics testbed. The aircraft is expected to return to flight next year, de la Motte says. The demonstrator so far has logged 175 flight hours.

In turn, Gripen officials are keeping a close watch on the international marketplace, where they are tracking 17 countries for potential sales opportunities. A couple more opportunities are expected to emerge this year.

But competition remains heated, with possible new entrants such as the Chinese-Pakistani JF-17. Gripen officials say they have seen no impact from the appearance of the JF-17 on the scene yet. However, one company official acknowledges “we have to watch the JF-17 as well.”

was just browsing throught youtube and typed my favourit search "JF-17"
here are a few vedios, i hopw you will like these:
JF-17 Landing at Karmra air base. Shot by Amauture by mobile camera.

well we have seen so much new vedios of this beauty that these clips might not be as intresting as they would have been four five months ago when it was ones getting a chance to see JFT was rara. however what is intresting is talk of person shooting, listen to his emotions and excitment!!

regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
here, once some one on this thread asked about JFT missile firing vedio. here is what i have got, i dont know if it had been posted earlier bt i mayself have never sen this and infact this is the first time i am witnessing any missile firing by the JFT.

enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing new - typical anti-chinese propoganda by a american magazine - the engines will be delivered - 100 already for the PAF and 50 of a 2nd batch/order delivered - russia cant afford not to sell the engines - it dosnt make commercial sense!

.....and typically our cross-border friends will pick on any 'negativity' regarding the JFT! - sour-grapes perhaps viz-a-vie the 'famed LCA'

Oh..yes.. look closely.

"The Pentagon also points out that China sold a communication satellite to Nigeria and is trying to woo customers in Pakistan,Bolivia,Laos and Vietnam."

here, once some one on this thread asked about JFT missile firing vedio. here is what i have got, i dont know if it had been posted earlier bt i mayself have never sen this and infact this is the first time i am witnessing any missile firing by the JFT.

YouTube - JF17 at Kamra

enjoy!

This video has been posted before..However nowhere does it show Jf-17 firing a missile bro..

anyhow thanks for the nice video!

JF-17 and J-10: 21st Century Jets at Yesterday's Price | AVIATION WEEK

Airshow China is the first international demonstration of the Chengdu JF-17/FC-1, flown here by a team from the Pakistan Air Force. Officials from China’s Aviation Industries of China (Avic) and China Aero-Technology Import Export Corporation (Catic) tell Aviation Week that despite the low price of the aircraft it is not a low-tech piece of equipment, but a “21st century product.”

Catic Vice President Zeng Wen told Show News “one of the most impressive features of the JF-17 is its diverterless air inlets - negating the need for the intakes to be designed with a boundary layer diverter. This is an achievement in aerodynamics that only the most advanced aircraft designs in the world are configured with – and those others are very high-priced designs like the F-22 or F-35. Another element is that the avionics package of the JF-17 is very advanced – it is equivalent to most of the top-level aircraft in the world. There is also a full glass cockpit.

What makes the JF-17 a lower-priced platform given its performance is that it is not an aircraft that was designed from scratch, says Catic. Instead, its on-board systems are a scaled-downed adaptation of the configuration from the other famous Chengdu fighter, the J-10. “This transfer of technology — transposing the aircraft systems from the J-10 to the JF-17 — is what makes the JF-17 so cost-effective.”

Catic cannot confirm which nations are interested in either a JF-17 or J-10 purchase — although there was been significant interest in both platforms by different countries. A short list of prospective buyers for the JF-17 includes Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Nigeria and others. What Catic will say is that “almost any of these countries which have in inventory MiG-21s, J-7s, A-5s, older Mirages — even countries with F-5s — would see the JF-17 as an attractive replacement option.”

Sales of the J-10 are a more sensitive subject despite several statements by the Pakistan Air Force that they are interested in the aircraft. “Any country that wants a strong air force would consider a J-10 purchase,” says Catic.

Art

Can anyone elaborate what did the reporter mean by this?

Can anyone elaborate what did the reporter mean by this?

Most probably, the writer meant to say that the sale of the J-10 to pakistan is for now secret or a sensitive subject as we don't know at what stage the deal is, even though PAF has shown its desire to get this jet into its service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom