What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^already posted article sancho.

Sorry, checked the last few pages before I posted it, but I saw the Aviationweek article only.

YouTube - Splendid Pakistan JF-17 Thunder. Landing & Takeoff Farnborough Airshow

hello..........indian guy,see with bull`s eye`s how many fuel tanks are attached with jf 17,:coffee:

Hello Pakistany guy :), exactly the 3 that I mentioned in the part you quoted:

An actual JF 17 design with increased payload can still carry only fuel tanks, or heavy weapons on 1 x centerline and 2 x wing stations.

293112081b77777f633f567.jpg

If u r considering the above . . . . . than man its gun . . . . Of JFT

and how many time we have to tell u people . . . .

But yes opposite to it, they can put a hard point for targeting pod . . . . . .

oh hoooo :hitwall:
really missed it, infact got a bit too excited.
i think we seriously need to add one hardpoint for targetting pod and must not wait for next blocks for this to be done.

any way thanks for clearing this up!
regards!

i think we seriously need to add one hardpoint for targetting pod and must not wait for next blocks for this to be done.

regards!

also count me in .......

regards!

next block(s) may have WS-13 and more composites, so greater thrust and greater payload.

2 extra hardpoints should be on block-II or III

Chinese Jets Today At Bygone Price

Nov 22, 2010

By Staff

ZHUHAI, CHINA– Airshow China is hosting the first international demonstration of the Chengdu JF-17/FC-1, flown here by a team from the Pakistan air force. Officials from China’s Aviation Industries of China (Avic) and China Aero-Technology Import Export Corporation (Catic) tell Aviation Week that despite the low price of the aircraft, it is not a low-tech piece of equipment, but rather a “21st century product.”

Catic Vice President Zeng Wen told Show News “one of the most impressive features of the JF-17 is its diverterless air inlets – negating the need for the intakes to be designed with a boundary layer diverter. This is an achievement in aerodynamics that only the most advanced aircraft designs in the world are configured with – and those others are very high-priced designs like the F-22 or F-35. Another element is that the avionics package of the JF-17 is very advanced – it is equivalent to most of the top-level aircraft in the world. There is also a full glass cockpit.”

What makes the JF-17 a lower-priced platform given its performance is that it is not an aircraft that was designed from scratch, says Catic. Instead, its onboard systems are a scaled-downed adaptation of the configuration from the other famous Chengdu fighter, the J-10. “This transfer of technology — transposing the aircraft systems from the J-10 to the JF-17 — is what makes the JF-17 so cost-effective,” Catic says.

Catic cannot confirm which nations are interested in either a JF-17 or J-10 purchase — although there has been significant interest in both platforms by different countries. A shortlist of prospective buyers for the JF-17 includes Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Nigeria and others. What Catic will say is that “almost any of these countries which have in inventory MiG-21s, J-7s, A-5s, older Mirages — even countries with F-5s — would see the JF-17 as an attractive replacement option.”

Sales of the J-10 are a more sensitive subject, despite several statements by the Pakistan air force that it is interested in the aircraft. “Any country that wants a strong air force would consider a J-10 purchase,” Catic says.

Photo: AFM Alan Warnes

Chinese Jets Today At Bygone Price | AVIATION WEEK

Chinese Jets Today At Bygone Price

Nov 22, 2010

By Staff

ZHUHAI, CHINA– Airshow China is hosting the first international demonstration of the Chengdu JF-17/FC-1, flown here by a team from the Pakistan air force. Officials from China’s Aviation Industries of China (Avic) and China Aero-Technology Import Export Corporation (Catic) tell Aviation Week that despite the low price of the aircraft, it is not a low-tech piece of equipment, but rather a “21st century product.”

Catic Vice President Zeng Wen told Show News “one of the most impressive features of the JF-17 is its diverterless air inlets – negating the need for the intakes to be designed with a boundary layer diverter. This is an achievement in aerodynamics that only the most advanced aircraft designs in the world are configured with – and those others are very high-priced designs like the F-22 or F-35. Another element is that the avionics package of the JF-17 is very advanced – it is equivalent to most of the top-level aircraft in the world. There is also a full glass cockpit.”

What makes the JF-17 a lower-priced platform given its performance is that it is not an aircraft that was designed from scratch, says Catic. Instead, its onboard systems are a scaled-downed adaptation of the configuration from the other famous Chengdu fighter, the J-10. “This transfer of technology — transposing the aircraft systems from the J-10 to the JF-17 — is what makes the JF-17 so cost-effective,” Catic says.

Catic cannot confirm which nations are interested in either a JF-17 or J-10 purchase — although there has been significant interest in both platforms by different countries. A shortlist of prospective buyers for the JF-17 includes Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Nigeria and others. What Catic will say is that “almost any of these countries which have in inventory MiG-21s, J-7s, A-5s, older Mirages — even countries with F-5s — would see the JF-17 as an attractive replacement option.”

Sales of the J-10 are a more sensitive subject, despite several statements by the Pakistan air force that it is interested in the aircraft. “Any country that wants a strong air force would consider a J-10 purchase,” Catic says.

Photo: AFM Alan Warnes

Chinese Jets Today At Bygone Price | AVIATION WEEK

The video above and the article quoted makes me believe that thunder is going to fly for many countries. It is a highly agile and beautiful looking arcraft and its price, and no strings attached chinese style of selling things is going to make it highly attractive. the success of this plane will further forge this partnership together and i am sure PAF will collaborate with Chinese aeronauticalenterprise in further future ventures.Well done CATIC, and well done PAF.
Araz

The video above and the article quoted makes me believe that thunder is going to fly for many countries. It is a highly agile and beautiful looking arcraft and its price, and no strings attached chinese style of selling things is going to make it highly attractive. the success of this plane will further forge this partnership together and i am sure PAF will collaborate with Chinese aeronauticalenterprise in further future ventures.Well done CATIC, and well done PAF.
Araz

Just to add,
The first order for JFT might well be a case of getting the stones rolling. Once we get first order, many more will follow in. its just that at the present Pakistan and China are not as established in export market as Russia, US or EU states.
We have a lot to offer in export market, once we get our name on the exporters list, Al-Khalid tanks, APCs, Anza missiles, Guns and ammunitions, JFT, UAVs can all see foreign colors!!
Inshallah!

Regards!

Just to add,
The first order for JFT might well be a case of getting the stones rolling. Once we get first order, many more will follow in. its just that at the present Pakistan and China are not as established in export market as Russia, US or EU states.
We have a lot to offer in export market, once we get our name on the exporters list, Al-Khalid tanks, APCs, Anza missiles, Guns and ammunitions, JFT, UAVs can all see foreign colors!!
Inshallah!

Regards!
Anza, Bakhtarshikan, Al Zarar, And guns and ammo all have seen foreign colors. Its time for AK and JFT now.

Anza, Bakhtarshikan, Al Zarar, And guns and ammo all have seen foreign colors. Its time for AK and JFT now.

we all know, but neither of these was as impressive as JFT or AK can be, or we can say these didnt provided us the break through we are talking about!
may be JFT and AK pave way for these as well, however this is unlikely now but yes, AK and JFT have huge potential to dominate there respectiv markets!

:pakistan:

regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom