What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

For the moment aim 120 is the top notch missile in the paf arsenal---Okay---all the indian colleagues over here---please tell your air force---paf is short of funding---that is why they don't have the sd10's yet---could you please kindly give us some 'grace'----thank you.

Sir---I have your message delivered to the opposing party---and am waiting for their kind response---.

We have the aim 120 in stock---the aircraft that it was bought for---we have those aircraft operational---we already know the parameters and guidelines for their operational use----.

We also know that similiar chinese systems lag in quality and technology---even though the chinese are making headway--they have a lots of ground to cover---. They just don't have a spigot to turn on and get technology.

Hi,

For the moment aim 120 is the top notch missile in the paf arsenal---Okay---all the indian colleagues over here---please tell your air force---paf is short of funding---that is why they don't have the sd10's yet---could you please kindly give us some 'grace'----thank you.

Sir---I have your message delivered to the opposing party---and am waiting for their kind response---.

We have the aim 120 in stock---the aircraft that it was bought for---we have those aircraft operational---we already know the parameters and guidelines for their operational use----.

We also know that similiar chinese systems lag in quality and technology---even though the chinese are making headway--they have a lots of ground to cover---. They just don't have a spigot to turn on and get technology.

Despite Pakistan lacks behind India in economic and progress. The best pakistan ever decision is to choose china as their close allies. Vietbam unaware the soviet are collapsing soon choose soviet over the Chinese and paid the price.

Master khan I think you have a very poor understanding on progress of china technology. Probably becos you stay in USA which their bias media feeds u with all kind of US wannabe news. China is far more advance than u can think and Pakistan military has enjoy part o this benefit and is the reason the technology gap between India and Pakistan is not widening..

Recently, china just unveil and have a new 800MN hydraulic press getting operational. This is just one of the everyday advance technology cOming up in china. I don't want to say too much. Let u goggle yrself regarding over it.

No... THat is a lame way to measure yr stance. If that is the case, R-77 shall be king of BVRAAM with its sated range of 150km?
Suprisingly, PLAAF has access to thousands of R-77 but China decide to go on a route making a missile much more similiar to AIM-120 rather than R-77 which claim to have a better range?

Sorry to intervene but as far i know from the web resources ( richard fischer/ aus air power) that PL 12a is armed with russian
seeker/or it's copy ( i.e indigenious chinese seeker according to chinese) .PLZ correct me if i am wrong

Come on! Whom in the right mind will sell something sophisctaed to a friend of yr greatest foe? Do you really thing AIM-120 is some top notch SD-10 cant match? Becos SD-10 is as sophiscated as AIM-120.There fore it is clear for sale to PAF. There is nothing fantastic abt it that China need to know. US dont even dare to sell their F-22 to Japan(their best allies). What makes you think AIM-120 sold to PAF is some wannabe that China desperate cant match?
well AIM 120 is the most combat proven BVRAAM missile in this planet do u have any doubt on that .How many jets has PL 12 A
shot down kindly tell me ???

well if we continue the discussion of sd-10 current status it would go a long way. as if the standard for its induction is public photo, we might not see that photo till the next decade, would that mean sd-10 is non functional? if its been clearly shown to be tested on a prootoype and officially been acknowledgd to work on current block then for now i would take the word of senior air force staff and some of my friends who think sd-10 has been inducted last year. regardless everyone here will agree that in next 4-5 years we will have 150 thunders with sd-10 equipped.

regarding Chinese advancement, we have three sources to judge the chinese militery capablites. The Chinese themselves, the Russians and the Americans. The Russians down play them the most followed by theamericans. Russians do it because they fear the market they are about to loose and americans do it mostly due to their politics. But regardlesly, even if we take Americans point of view its clear that china will become very close to USA in technology by mid 2025.
Now logic support this view but infact its more logical to thin the china will attain this mark much earlier. The reason is obvious, they had full acess to russian technology in the 90s, some access to Israeli and french technology, all the money (by far the second largest military budget!), time and manpower to make advancement upon the technology for atleast the last 15-20 years. The number of projects they are following is the living proof of it.
seeing that thunder nearly incorporates the latest of chinese avionics definetly means that its really good aircrft. downplaying china today is is joke as even the best expert are no longer doing so. remeber the china of 2000 and 2010 is as different as the USA of 1970 and 2000. its incredible pace that has stunned all experts. so we should expect alot of improvements in block 1 and 2

china is set to become world biggest economy by 2016 and one of the biggest consumers by 2025 meaning that it will have all the time and resources to follow even more defence projects.

Sorry to intervene but as far i know from the web resources ( richard fischer/ aus air power) that PL 12a is armed with russian
seeker/or it's copy ( i.e indigenious chinese seeker according to chinese) .PLZ correct me if i am wrong

Copy from R-77 is just a myth. PL-12 can't even be compatible with Zhuk radar onboard Su-30MKK 2. The latest PL-12 development even have a dual seeker(R-77 never has a dual seeker). PL-12 can only be compatible with Chinese domestic radar and AWACS.. It might have incoporate some ideas of R-77 or AIM-120 but not a copy of R-77 seeker.

well AIM 120 is the most combat proven BVRAAM missile in this planet do u have any doubt on that .How many jets has PL 12 A
shot down kindly tell me ???

Then F-22 is too never proven and must be some BS wannabe by the USAF cos it never take part in any real combat and never shot down any enemy,right?

If there are 50 planned for each block then how a fleet of 400 would be completed???
150 JF-17s all blocks.
50 J-10Bs
59 F-16s old
18 F-16s new

277 Aircraft!!!

So are there any plans to buy 52 F-16s Block-52s???? along with older F-16s

If there are 50 planned for each block then how a fleet of 400 would be completed???
150 JF-17s all blocks.
50 J-10Bs
59 F-16s old
18 F-16s new

277 Aircraft!!!

So are there any plans to buy 52 F-16s Block-52s???? along with older F-16s

You have got your figures wrong.
There will be 50 jets from first block, and hundred from block 2. About block 3, which would emerge with a new name probably, will have 100 units too.

And likely 72 J-10Bs will be induced, not 50.

About the F-16s, no more Block 52+ will be induced, and there are rumors from journalists and base workers of Shahbaz, that the number of Block 52+ are not 18 but 36, which has been confirmed to me by a Wing Commander.

This issue is disputed with everyone having different views. 14 ex-Navy F-16s maybe delivered to PAF by the end of 2012 according to some media.

Thunder fuselage placed on a truck before loading on a cargo aircraft in China. Photo was taken on 27 August 2009. Their assemblies were made at PAC.
398778_370643676314349_284200791625305_1122767_75906237_n.jpg

how come there is no production plant of jft in china and still we got kits from them ?

when will pac made its own fuselage

Hi, kindly please look at the date of the picture, before making such a blanket statement. The picture relates to 2009, currently it is the middle of 2012. Kindly please understand that PAC probably has come a long way in building more of the fuselage.

Hi, kindly please look at the date of the picture, before making such a blanket statement. The picture relates to 2009, currently it is the middle of 2012. Kindly please understand that PAC probably has come a long way in building more of the fuselage.
dont mind him...it often happens....

when will pac made its own fuselage

Hi,

What is the significance of your question---first of all---second---what's wrong with the fuselage coming from china---. Third why does pak need to make the fuselage at this stage--why would you put your eggs in one basket---that is have production from a to z in one place.

Hi,

What is the significance of your question---first of all---second---what's wrong with the fuselage coming from china---. Third why does pak need to make the fuselage at this stage--why would you put your eggs in one basket---that is have production from a to z in one place.

Fuselage of only the first 8 JF17 was assembled at Chengdu for rest of the aircrafts every things was assembled at PAC. So Mastan sahib, you a defending a position which is factually incorrect and in the process trying to belittle another poster. Another attempt to pretend to be an authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom