What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to intervene but as far i know from the web resources ( richard fischer/ aus air power) that PL 12a is armed with russian
seeker/or it's copy ( i.e indigenious chinese seeker according to chinese) .PLZ correct me if i am wrong
Chinese actually funded AGAT (Russian Seeker Manufacturer) to develop this dual capability seeker for SD-10. Just Imagin that only the most recent version of R-77 BVR is equipped with this seeker. You can guess if SD-10A has a seeker that Latest Vympl offers, what could be there in SD-10B....

Chinese actually funded AGAT (Russian Seeker Manufacturer) to develop this dual capability seeker for SD-10. Just Imagin that only the most recent version of R-77 BVR is equipped with this seeker. You can guess if SD-10A has a seeker that Latest Vympl offers, what could be there in SD-10B....

Please dont talk rot.. There is no proof of yr claim.

Fuselage of only the first 8 JF17 was assembled at Chengdu for rest of the aircrafts every things was assembled at PAC. So Mastan sahib, you a defending a position which is factually incorrect and in the process trying to belittle another poster. Another attempt to pretend to be an authority.

Hi,

You are again jumping ahead of yourself---I understand you do that out of habbit as usual---. Looks like the moment you see my posts---you brain circuits go hay wire--- hey guy, I am just asking why does he think that the fuselage should also be produced in pakistan---I am just asking what his thoughts are and why does he seem fit---because under any kind of strike on kamra---the air craft manufacturing could still continue in china.

Do you have any source to share here? Also you have any details of the said new seeker apart from Active radar guidance then?

Do you have any source to share here? Also you have any details of the said new seeker apart from Active radar guidance then?

His bogus source from wiki... any Tom dick Harry can edit wiki and can just provide a bogus source, non reliable website to claim whatever point he wants.. Do u know 2 types of people who like to edit wiki sources on china military? Indians and the Americans... Lol. So u can imagine what have you all been poison by.

People are confusing SD-10A and SD-10B. Husnian SD-10A only offers increase range and SD-10B will employ dual seeker. As Eagle hannan said last year.

His bogus source from wiki... any Tom dick Harry can edit wiki and can just provide a bogus source, non reliable website to claim whatever point he wants.. Do u know 2 types of people who like to edit wiki sources on china military? Indians and the Americans... Lol. So u can imagine what have you all been poison by.
This was published a while ago in JDW, the report extensively covered the Chinese developments in munitions. A further backup report was released at MKAS 2011 on new R-77 variant incorporating AGAT's dual seeker capability. Secondly, I Never use wiki and rehotric info sources like strategypage or Ausairpower. Most of my inventory is bulit through sheer reading.

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 26-Nov-2010

Jane's Defence Weekly

China's SD-10 claimed to be a dual-mode AAM.

Robert Hewson Jane's Air-Launched Weapons Editor - Zhuhai, China

China's SD-10 medium-range air-to-air missile (AAM), as exhibited at Airshow China earlier in November, may be a considerably more capable weapon than was hitherto believed, Jane's understands.

Officials from the SD-10's manufacturer, the Luoyang Electro-Optical Technology Development Center (LOEC), said the missile was designed from the beginning to function with a dual-mode seeker operating in distinct active and passive radar homing modes. If so, the SD-10 is the first AAM to enter service with this acknowledged capability.

There have been suggestions that the latest AIM-120D Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM) developed by Raytheon for the US Air Force and Navy has a similar dual-mode seeker capability. The full capabilities of the AIM-120D remain classified, but its development has been problematic and it has yet to enter operational service.

The SD-10 - the current production version is the refined SD-10A - has been cleared for service on the Chengdu J-10 and late-model versions of the Shenyang J-8 combat aircraft. By the end of this year the missile is expected to be operational with the PAC JF-17s of the Pakistan Air Force.

In lengthy discussions with LOEC at the 16-21 November Airshow China exhibition, the operating modes of the SD-10A were set out to Jane's in detail. The missile has an active terminal homing capability, which has been openly described since the first details of the SD-10 were made public in the middle of the last decade.

What has remained unspoken until now is the missile's claimed ability to home in on radar or electronic warfare emissions from the target aircraft, without support from the launch aircraft or use of the missile's own active seeker modes.

A LOEC official told Jane's that the passive mode was not intended to be the missile's primary targeting mode and cited the risks to friendly aircraft of relying on passive guidance alone. It is not clear if the SD-10A's seeker can continually alternate between active and passive modes in flight or if it makes a less sophisticated 'one time' switch.

In the past, Russian sources have given Jane's a detailed account of the assistance supplied by Russian design bureaus in the development of the SD-10. A LOEC official hinted that this co-operation is continuing when he noted: "We [LOEC] have the capability to make the seeker ourselves, but obviously we want it to be the best it possibly can." He confirmed that the missile still relied on some unidentified components that were sourced outside China.

Within Russia the AGAT Design Bureau has developed several dual-mode seeker designs which it only began discussing in public in 2009. Senior AGAT officials have remained vague when asked by Jane's about who paid for these development programmes, noting only that there is no Russian application and no Russian state support for them.

During the 1990s China also gained access to the 9B-1032 passive seeker developed by Avtomatika for the Vympel R-27P (AA-10 'Alamo') AAM. A melding of these two design inputs might explain how China arrived at its SD-10 seeker design. According to a LOEC official, the dual-mode capability was designed into the SD-10 from its inception.

An SD-10A missile (underwing) is part of the weapons suite of a Pakistan Air Force JF-17 at November's Airshow China.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/82116-chinas-sd-10-claimed-dual-mode-aam.html
People here can also search about Daililah 2 Missile program, where there were rumors that China was involved in funding the program.

Please dont talk rot.. There is no proof of yr claim.

It was on Janes here, and was discussed long ago on this forum here.

And pleased don't jump to conclusions about people here and their source being wikipedia, some people here know things that probably won't ever be seen in open literature.

Quit embarrassing yourself.

It was on Janes here, and was discussed long ago on this forum here.

And pleased don't jump to conclusions about people here and their source being wikipedia, some people here know things that probably won't ever be seen in open literature.

Quit embarrassing yourself.

LOL.. When did JDW ever got it right on Chinese military development? JDW might be professional about military on western countries but comes to Asia especially China. It is totally clueless. It always depend on the RUSSIAN source. You want me to give an example?

2 months ago, JDW reported Chinese interested to buy Su-35 from Russian. Guess what? Ministry of Defence spokeman of PRC come out and openly denied this rumour.... LOL... Its like a joke to me. This is the so called PROFFESIONISM?? They didnt even bother to check the source properly and is just so eager to do the China bashing....

When comes to Chinese military development, most of the western source including JDW is clueless... They know nothing about Chinese development and is just full of biased report, probably from Strategypage or some unknown Russia.

Trust me, if you really want to know what is real stuff inside China military, go Sino defence or CDF. There people who know how to read Chinese translate lots of real China military develpment news from CCTV or AVIC source from Chinese to English. Which are real credible source about China military. A lot of Chinese military news are reported only in Chinese. Western source are clueless.

Chinese paid AGAT to develop Seeker? LOL.. You think we are still in the 1990s???

The real embarassing one are the ones to believe this crap rumour.

It so sad Pakistanis really believe China is so backward.

AGAT help was acquired by China at crucial stages while the sd-10/ pl-12 seeker was in development. The whole project initiated in China because they decided to abandon the pl-10/ 11 series based on Aim-7 Sparrow/ Aspide missile technology acquired from Italy during 80s, repeated tests of pl-11 proved not so desired results and surfaced with several guidance, seeker, motor issues thus missing targets. The Active medium range missile program was to replace these previous generation missiles, also included heat seeking missiles including python 3 technology based pl-8 and AIM-9m based pl-9c. AMR seeker is primarily a Chinese seeker that has given birth to several modified advanced versions for later variants. It is nothing to do with R-77 seekers. This can be verified by internet sources but i have shared what i have found by senior members like Xinhui, Crobato, Huitong who are considered authorities on Chinese defence matters, at least on internet.

LOL.. When did JDW ever got it right on Chinese military development? JDW might be professional about military on western countries but comes to Asia especially China. It is totally clueless. It always depend on the RUSSIAN source. You want me to give an example?

2 months ago, JDW reported Chinese interested to buy Su-35 from Russian. Guess what? Ministry of Defence spokeman of PRC come out and openly denied this rumour.... LOL... Its like a joke to me. This is the so called PROFFESIONISM?? They didnt even bother to check the source properly and is just so eager to do the China bashing....

When comes to Chinese military development, most of the western source including JDW is clueless... They know nothing about Chinese development and is just full of biased report, probably from Strategypage or some unknown Russia.

Trust me, if you really want to know what is real stuff inside China military, go Sino defence or CDF. There people who know how to read Chinese translate lots of real China military develpment news from CCTV or AVIC source from Chinese to English. Which are real credible source about China military. A lot of Chinese military news are reported only in Chinese. Western source are clueless.

Chinese paid AGAT to develop Seeker? LOL.. You think we are still in the 1990s???

The real embarassing one are the ones to believe this crap rumour.

It so sad Pakistanis really believe China is so backward.

The last part of your post was quite unnecessary because if you go through this forum, in many threads, we Pakistanis have a lot of admiration about Chinese technological advancements in general. Those who believe otherwise, are no more than a pinch of salt.

AGAT help was acquired by China at crucial stages while the sd-10/ pl-12 seeker was in development. The whole project initiated in China because they decided to abandon the pl-10/ 11 series based on Aim-7 Sparrow/ Aspide missile technology acquired from Italy during 80s, repeated tests of pl-11 proved not so desired results and surfaced with several guidance, seeker, motor issues thus missing targets. The Active medium range missile program was to replace these previous generation missiles, also included heat seeking missiles including python 3 technology based pl-8 and AIM-9m based pl-9c. AMR seeker is primarily a Chinese seeker that has given birth to several modified advanced versions for later variants. It is nothing to do with R-77 seekers. This can be verified by internet sources but i have shared what i have found by senior members like Xinhui, Crobato, Huitong who are considered authorities on Chinese defence matters, at least on internet.

Thanks for educating the forumer here especially the Pakistanis. I know the Indian will be hopeless on any achievement of the Chinese. Pakistanis must have faith in Chinese. The time of Chinese has arrived. And we are happy to share our success with our friend and help them up.

The last part of your post was quite unnecessary because if you go through this forum, in many threads, we Pakistanis have a lot of admiration about Chinese technological advancements in general. Those who believe otherwise, are no more than a pinch of salt.

I am sorry if I offended some loyal forumer but if senior and repectable pakistanis like Mastankhan and hasnain0099 who has posted thousands of post and received thousands of thanks, can screw up info about China advancement. There must be something wrong,right ???

One blind might led to more blind... People here look up to this seniors and they must have the right info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom