What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Picture

3076.jpg

These look like rip-offs of the ones the Russians use and supplied intially to IAF for the SU-30MKI, ( I don't think these qualify as HMDS more cueing systems as they don't actually have a display on the helmet) although now all IAF ac are being integrated with

Look at this HMD used on French Mirage 2000s

its not necessary to have a fixed/stationary display unit on helmet. So if you can not see the display unit, that means the display unit on new generation Chinese HMD may also not be stationary.

Last edited by a moderator:
These look like rip-offs of the ones the Russians use and supplied intially to IAF for the SU-30MKI, ( I don't think these qualify as HMDS more cueing systems as they don't actually have a display on the helmet) although now all IAF ac are being integrated with TOPSIGHT-I:

The HMS in the pictures are installed on the F7's since they are considered point defence fighters and are likely going to engage enemy aircrafts in WVR range, for that purpose i think the HMS installed on the F7's serve their purpose quite well because the requirement is to perform A2A roles in close range.

The JF17 on the hand will feature an HMDS, i can confirm that for you. Initially the requirement was for an HMS, but later it changed because an HMDS is an essential tool for a true modern multi role aircraft. JF17 needs the HMDS to complement its targeting pod, and PAF conducting routine precision strikes in FATA made this tool essential. Here is the HMDS that was showcased on the JF17's prototype:

On a side note, the TopSight I that Thales is offering is a very potent platform and IAF made the right call. After all, it is the latest technology that Thales has to offer. But the question is, can Thales continue to to compete in the future against other emerging military powers whom are far outspending France in R&D.

The APG-68.. does a 160nm.. perhaps you need to brush up on the units..

F-16C Block 50/52 (AN/APG-68(V)9/10): 105 km to 130 km for fighters ( upto 5cm2)

F-16C Block 50/52 (AN/APG-68(V)9/10): 185 km Range against bombers

Correct me if im worng, coz 160 m converts to 260 kms..

The HMS in the pictures are installed on the F7's since they are considered point defence fighters and are likely going to engage enemy aircrafts in WVR range, for that purpose i think the HMS installed on the F7's serve their purpose quite well because the requirement is to perform A2A roles in close range.

The JF17 on the hand will feature an HMDS, i can confirm that for you. Initially the requirement was for an HMS, but later it changed because an HMDS is an essential tool for a true modern multi role aircraft. JF17 needs the HMDS to complement its targeting pod, and PAF conducting routine precision strikes in FATA made this tool essential. Here is the HMDS that was showcased on the JF17's prototype:

On a side note, the TopSight I that Thales is offering is a very potent platform and IAF made the right call. After all, it is the latest technology that Thales has to offer. But the question is, can Thales continue to to compete in the future against other emerging military powers whom are far outspending France in R&D.
You are referring to China here right? The TOPSIGHT-I is a JV between Thales and the Indian Samtal, that's how they will remain relevant and compete, even still France's R&D spending is still one of the highest in the world right now and I'm sure they will remain a major player for the forceable future. Like in this eg India-France both benefited from one another's input.

thunder will be equiped with one probably of a chinese origin...
and as far as i kno, i dont think there are any aircrafts with HMDS

PAF F-16 Blk 52's have Joint Helmeted Mounted Display System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom