What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
thunder will be equiped with one probably of a chinese origin...
and as far as i kno, i dont think there are any aircrafts with HMDS

The MLU F-16s and the JF-17, as per my knowledge, will also be equipped with JHMD. And as Mr.hasnain0099 said the blck 52+ have come with JHMD already.

AFAIK, Block 52 have come with JHMCS
F-7PGs use a Chinese HMD (I think TK-14 or a more advanced varient which is being used on J-7Gs of PLAAF)
PL-8B_pilots.jpg

J-7HMS.jpg

This is the new generation HMD over TK-14, i suspect
j-7Ghelmet.jpg

furthermore, an interesting thing

and

so it is should also clear some doubts why PAF is still confident in pitting its F-7s against top notch fighters

These look like rip-offs of the ones the Russians use and supplied intially to IAF for the SU-30MKI, ( I don't think these qualify as HMDS more cueing systems as they don't actually have a display on the helmet) although now all IAF ac are being integrated with TOPSIGHT-I:

go to 2.29

1-796350.jpg

2-797152.jpg

HMD%2B-%2BTopSight-I-779896.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
can i ask whats business here tijas and mki ? mods please delete his post as he is trying to flame it and divert the thread to VS thread

These look like rip-offs of the ones the Russians use and supplied intially to IAF for the SU-30MKI, ( I don't think these qualify as HMDS more cueing systems as they don't actually have a display on the helmet) although now all IAF ac are being integrated with TOPSIGHT-I:

Just to clear once again, F-16 Blk-52 received recently, at the time being are the only ones with proper HMDS, there may be HMS for targeting purposes only in the inventory for Chinese aircraft.

Hope it helps.

Anybody with photo or video from Zhuhai 2010 that shows the type of helment the JF-17 derivers had? I also believe we have seen PAF "sanctioned" video clips showing a HMDS.

I don't believe the JF-17 will come without a HMDS when the F-7Gs do.

What is the difference between a "proper HMDS" vs. "not proper HMDS"?

What are we looking at here?
JF-17_Thunder_Zhuhai_2010_35_.jpg

JF-17_Thunder_Zhuhai_2010_84_.jpg

JF-17_Thunder_Zhuhai_2010_98_.jpg

JF-17_Thunder_Zhuhai_2010_67_.jpg

Just to clear once again, F-16 Blk-52 received recently, at the time being are the only ones with proper HMDS, there may be HMS for targeting purposes only in the inventory for Chinese aircraft.

Hope it helps.

Yes, exactly, that is what I was trying to say. I was not trying to turn this thread into a VS thread at all, I only mentioned the MKI (note I didn't mention the LCA the vid happens to be the only vid I could find on the TOPSIGHT-I) to make the comparison to the Chinese copies of the helmets once used by the IAF-HMS and to make the point that they had been replaced by TOPSIGHT-I a HMDS. It was only to draw comparisons of similar systems, sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Anybody with photo or video from Zhuhai 2010 that shows the type of helment the JF-17 derivers had? I also believe we have seen PAF "sanctioned" video clips showing a HMDS.

I don't believe the JF-17 will come without a HMDS when the F-7Gs do.

What is the difference between a "proper HMDS" vs. "not proper HMDS"?

Effectively what you see above- the Chinese helmet is a HMS wherein the helmet can be used to aim the missiles but a HMDS like the TOPSIGHT-I above and the JHMCS and the ones used on Apache gunships are used to aim weapons and actually project an image onto a monocle in front of the pilot's eye to aim missiles and give greater situational awareness thus adding the "D" to the HMS= HMDS. ( HMS- Helmet Mounted System, HMDS- Helmet Mounted Display System)

It is the general conclusion the HMDS is the next generation on and an evolution of the HMS and as such most modern fighters nowadays have HMDS.

The above pics seem to show a standard fighter helmet, it is clear there is no HMDS I'm not sure about a HMS but it looks like the old USAF legacy helmets that have neither:
Old (looks like above):
f16-pilot-0003.jpg

New (current standard of all USAF F-16 with HMDS JHMCS):
jhmcs1.jpg

********.com - Production and tests of the JF17 Thunder Jet Fighter

160 Km, which is more than F-16C Block 50/52 (AN/APG-68(V)9/10)..!!

Thats amazing

But I guess the F16 50/52 radar range is 125Miles or in km is around 190-200 kmz....its still more than JF-17...:woot:
u can check it out...if im not wrong...:smokin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom