What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are not pilots only at the back standing Guys few of them are pilots

What are you talking?

All of them are pilots, but all of them are not from 26 squadron bu they will be taking over next JFT squadrons.

JF-171-640x480.jpg

Got it from PKKH.

if not posted earlier,

The July edition of Air Forces Monthly will carry a 24 page special on the JF-17! It will be out on 2nd June

Hi, I clearly remember reading in a book (a decade ago) covering arm transfers to Pakistan, that the PAF had a ratio of 4 pilots to each fighter jet.

Moreover, I remember back in the 70s when I was living in Libya, the PAF maitained a few pilots there also. They were on call 24/7 to fly back Mirages and or MiGs of the Libyan Air Force to Pakistan in the event of any hostilities with India. As such, having a higher ratio of pilots in the PAF would not surprise me one bit.

Not to digress, but a good thing the PAF bought these old Libyan Mirage III/Vs for spares, as NATO probably would have leveled them by now.

http://pakistantimes.net/2004/07/06/top10.htm

Hi, I clearly remember reading in a book (a decade ago) covering arm transfers to Pakistan, that the PAF had a ratio of 4 pilots to each fighter jet.

Moreover, I remember back in the 70s when I was living in Libya, the PAF maitained a few pilots there also. They were on call 24/7 to fly back Mirages and or MiGs of the Libyan Air Force to Pakistan in the event of any hostilities with India. As such, having a higher ratio of pilots in the PAF would not surprise me one bit.

Not to digress, but a good thing the PAF bought these old Libyan Mirage III/Vs for spares, as NATO probably would have leveled them by now.

Pakistan Times | Top Story: Pakistan buys Mirage Jets from Libya

they were in crates - never used by libya - the engines were like new!

Home » Military Aviation » News

JF-17 build-up progresses

The Pakistan Air Force is fully operational with the JF-17 Thunder.

Gary Parsons - 12-Apr-2011

April 12: A second squadron in the Pakistan Air Force is operational with the CAIC-PAC JF-17 Thunder fighter.

No 16 Squadron, previously equipped with the A-5 Fantan aircraft, was formally stood up yesterday with the Thunder at a ceremony at PAF Base Peshawar by the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman and was declared operational.

The PAF is thought to have 26 JF-17s operational from a requirement of up to 250 aircraft.

The July issue of AirForces Monthly will carry a 24-page special on the development of this joint Chinese/Pakistan fighter, on sale June 2.

Home » Military Aviation » News

JF-17 build-up progresses

The Pakistan Air Force is fully operational with the JF-17 Thunder.

Gary Parsons - 12-Apr-2011

April 12: A second squadron in the Pakistan Air Force is operational with the CAIC-PAC JF-17 Thunder fighter.

No 16 Squadron, previously equipped with the A-5 Fantan aircraft, was formally stood up yesterday with the Thunder at a ceremony at PAF Base Peshawar by the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman and was declared operational.

The PAF is thought to have 26 JF-17s operational from a requirement of up to 250 aircraft.

The July issue of AirForces Monthly will carry a 24-page special on the development of this joint Chinese/Pakistan fighter, on sale June 2.

If two squadron is operational then it should be 36 aircraft (18*2) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom