What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well a redesigned forward fuselage won't do much. I hope, they somehow get a more powerful engine in the 100 kN range and get some limited internal weapon bay capacity. I am not suggesting internal bay like F-22s or JSF-35, a limited meaning atleast something which can hold 2-3 BVR / WVR missiles or one 500lb bomb or two 250lb JDAM kind bombs.

And i believe this is very doable, yeah it may need money and redesigning, but its worth a try and will be a successful and effective measure for us.

A small multi role stealth or a much much reduced RCS fighter which can go near its target without being detected, launch and come back.

^ there were rumors that are confirmed to exists, no body knows further details. obviously development of forward fuselage only won't help much. but again this is what the reporting person has seen as mentioned by Hoshinghai a few page back and also website mentions the same thing. there would be a few more changes or could be a lot more that we are expecting. its just a start, like it always happened when Jf-17, J-10b and J-20 were rumored. real and actual picture of development will be cleared in few days Inshallah.
:china:

here is the POST and sorry for the wrong name, it was aimarraul not Hoshinghai :P
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-...irole-fighter-thread-4-a-113.html#post1650311

A Serial Production-20 still in Primer sits in the Flight Test Shed at PAC Kamra.

IMG_2733.jpg

A Serial Production-20 still in Primer sits in the Flight Test Shed at PAC Kamra.

IMG_2733.jpg

It that is number 20, how many were received from China? What was the number of the first one assembled at Kamra?

From here: http://www.paf.gov.pk/jf17_production_ceremony.html
He further said “Out of the 42 aircraft contracted for co-production, 40 are planned to roll-out of PAC – a very significant step towards indigenization.

Looks like 10 planes were received from China. That means there is around 30 planes made now for the PAF. I am not saying they are all in the PAF, some will still be at Kamra.

It that is number 20, how many were received from China? What was the number of the first one assembled at Kamra?

From here: PAKISTAN AIR FORCE - Official website

Looks like 10 planes were received from China. That means there is around 30 planes made now for the PAF. I am not saying they are all in the PAF, some will still be at Kamra.

This JF-17 SP-20 (Serial Production-20) is now serialled 10-128 and should be flying with 26 Sqn, which had a Re-Equipment Ceremony at its new home – Peshawar on April 11, 2011

He further said “Out of the 42 aircraft contracted for co-production, 40 are planned to roll-out of PAC – a very significant step towards indigenization.
well Jf-17 111 was ALL GREEN just to show first thunder rolling out of PAC. all SP aircraft produced after SR#111 are made in Pakistan.
on completion of first batch of 50 aircraft, PAC would have produced 40 aircraft in real.

This JF-17 SP-20 (Serial Production-20) is now serialled 10-128 and should be flying with 26 Sqn, which had a Re-Equipment Ceremony at its new home – Peshawar on April 11, 2011
@ Windjammer
bro isn't it too large squadron containing 28 aircrafts at the moment or, they are temperately added to 26 Sqn so later will be pulled out to raise 16 Sqn.

@ Windjammer
bro isn't it too large squadron containing 28 aircrafts at the moment or, they are temperately added to 26 Sqn so later will be pulled out to raise 16 Sqn.

This was the information Alan Warnes disclosed along with the picture, my guess is that once the second Thunder Squadron reaches full operational status, the aircraft will be distributed to respective units. Remember while 26 Squadron was operational with A-5s in Peshawar, an other 26 unit was raised at Kamra to qualify with the JF-17s.

Great achievement..for the stealth features in JF17 develpmnt...masha-Allah...:)

Dear All, the JF-17 can never be made into a stealth aircraft, as that was not in its originial design parameters. However, its radar cross section (RCS) can be improved. Having the antennas, air flow probes, and in-flight refueling probe not sticking out of the nose would be one start, redesigning the front section is another, and use of radar absorbing materials would be another.

I think the PAF is simply trying to cut down its RCS and doing it in an economical fashion, and going for the biggest bang for the buck. I would still be more interested in a higher thrust engine. Regardless, great news if true.

Dear All, the JF-17 can never be made into a stealth aircraft, as that was not in its originial design parameters. However, its radar cross section (RCS) can be improved. Having the antennas, air flow probes, and in-flight refueling probe not sticking out of the nose would be one start, redesigning the front section is another, and use of radar absorbing materials would be another.

I think the PAF is simply trying to cut down its RCS and doing it in an economical fashion, and going for the biggest bang for the buck. I would still be more interested in a higher thrust engine. Regardless, great news if true.

YEs i agree with you that JFT can never become a stealth fighter of catagory like f-22/j20/pak fa bt what about rafale/EF type stealth?

as taimi khan said if we create a IB with limited missiles station like only 2,3 BVR or one guided bomb.

i think this is possible

if missiles are mounted externally on a fighter then the purpose of stealth is over as missile contributed too much rcs to the fighter

bt IB with limited missiles stations and 5th gen designing will make it a stealth fighter

I think internal weapons bays are out of the question for the JF-17. RCS reduction will be along the line of Eurofighter, Rafale and F-18E = technologies that require minor changes/modification to the ai-rframe. It will be composites, coatings and surface finish. The Gripen C has achieved 0.1 sqm RCS on a prototype. I am not sure (i don't believe) this has been fully implimented on production aircraft.

More for you guys from Peshawar Airbase. These snaps has been taken just above my head and that's the closest I can get to take the snaps. I took burst-snaps per seconds and these are the two best captured I can provide. The aircrafts disappeared in less then half a second over my head and that's what my camera could capture. I hope you guys like it.

dsc01053ri.jpg

dsc01061ai.jpg

Please MODs, merge this thread with this one,

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/68207-jf-17-thunder-multirole-fighter-thread-4-a.html

The internal weapons bay can only come into place with investment for another prototype that is if PAF wants. Another aspect more powerful engine and extensive composites. Such a prototype will have to be redeveloped with enlarged fuselage something like F-16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom