What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEs i agree with you that JFT can never become a stealth fighter of catagory like f-22/j20/pak fa bt what about rafale/EF type stealth?as taimi khan said if we create a IB with limited missiles station like only 2,3 BVR or one guided bomb.

i think this is possible

if missiles are mounted externally on a fighter then the purpose of stealth is over as missile contributed too much rcs to the fighterbt IB with limited missiles stations and 5th gen designing will make it a stealth fighter

All ur points discussed above r right ..but still...
Stealth features can be achieved in JF17 without even having internal bayz for the weapons...and it will work as F22 or F35 ..but I'm not gonna tell u the tech here....u all gotta use ur own brainz...:azn:
some tech detailz cant be discussed here for right now...:cheesy:

Well a redesigned forward fuselage won't do much. I hope, they somehow get a more powerful engine in the 100 kN range and get some limited internal weapon bay capacity. I am not suggesting internal bay like F-22s or JSF-35, a limited meaning atleast something which can hold 2-3 BVR / WVR missiles or one 500lb bomb or two 250lb JDAM kind bombs.

And i believe this is very doable, yeah it may need money and redesigning, but its worth a try and will be a successful and effective measure for us.

A small multi role stealth or a much much reduced RCS fighter which can go near its target without being detected, launch and come back.

Internal weapon bays are best applicable for high altitude bombers which JFT is not.
Remember, stealth does not translate into invisibility, i see no point in putting efforts in a light weight / multi role.
IMO, the basic design of JFT shall not be touched, until few thousand of it are sold, while improvements shall be made in radar and weapons its self.

Internal bay ac shall be designed from scratch.

It that is number 20, how many were received from China? What was the number of the first one assembled at Kamra?From here: PAKISTAN AIR FORCE - Official website

Looks like 10 planes were received from China. That means there is around 30 planes made now for the PAF. I am not saying they are all in the PAF, some will still be at Kamra.

the first made at kamra was 111

The internal weapons bay can only come into place with investment for another prototype that is if PAF wants. Another aspect more powerful engine and extensive composites. Such a prototype will have to be redeveloped with enlarged fuselage something like F-16.

And that means its a new aircraft altogether.
I want to know if there is any single engine stealth fighter under development in China. Twin-Engine Stealth could be good as air-superiority fighter but not all fighters are needed in that role. Like F-35 JSF, there should be some development which Pakistan could look at in the future.

Hay one of the lights of the first aircraft got fused or is that saving electricity like rest of the country? :D

I won't call it new aircraft altogether but it'll be an enlarged variant of JFT with more composites used, apart from a powerful engine. But then if such a version is developed then would we be in need of J-10B?

I won't call it new aircraft altogether but it'll be an enlarged variant of JFT with more composites used, apart from a powerful engine. But then if such a version is developed then would we be in need of J-10B?

Enlarged would essentially be a new aircraft, in such case it can be built around new engine, as well.

new dimensions, new shape, new engine ...... should we call it JFT?
It will simply be a new ac.

The current russian engine can be fitted in a F-16 sized fighter obviously some changes in fuselage would be made but i don't think it would be a daunting task.
Lets take alook at variants of F-16 having Patt & Whitney Engine.

i dont think paf will drastically change the design atleast in the first 100 jfts...
reason
engine constraints
we need jft FAST!

however the frontal fuselage is an intelligent step for the blk2 [next50 fighters?]
maybe this blk2 be mostly twin seaters

WITH a weapons bay, we might need to change the design, maybe twin vertical stabilzers, more pwerful engine , more composites..MOREOVER it might require considerable time aswell

I think a more logical approach would be to initiate a program for a stealthly internal weapons bay pod such as the one demonstrated by Boeing's advance hornet.

F-18_Hornet_1.jpg

The problem with carrying an internal weapons bay pod is that it will severely limit the ability of the fighter to maneuver...its almost like carrying a massive fuel tank in a dog fight.

Hay one of the lights of the first aircraft got fused or is that saving electricity like rest of the country? :D

I don't know how to term this phrase in technical terms but two aircrafts comes in for landing at the same time, the first aircraft usually goes for landing while the other start climbing the sky from that point - and that's why he had to take the Gears off and eventually the light got disappeared.

These JFs here in Peshawar are too busy these days. They usually starts off at 9AM in the morning and continues till 3PM, then a few sorties later in the night as well from 9PM and onward - providing a good show to us people living in Peshawar.

I don't know how to term this phrase in technical terms but two aircrafts comes in for landing at the same time, the first aircraft usually goes for landing while the other start climbing the sky from that point - and that's why he had to take the Gears off and eventually the light got disappeared.

These JFs here in Peshawar are too busy these days. They usually starts off at 9AM in the morning and continues till 3PM, then a few sorties later in the night as well from 9PM and onward - providing a good show to us people living in Peshawar.

But they are very smokey :)

I can't differentiate between JF-17s and Baray ki bus, especially when JF-17s are taking off or doing a maneuver above the base.

A-5s were much environment friendly, JF-17s should be a concern for the environmentalists. :cheesy:

But they are very smokey :)

I can't differentiate between JF-17s and Baray ki bus, especially when JF-17s are taking off or doing a maneuver above the base.

A-5s were much environment friendly, JF-17s should be a concern for the environmentalists. :cheesy:

I agree, The engine is indeed smokey, even more smokey than Chinese WS-13!, however, the maturity and response time of engine is excellent and thus PAF has been motivated to keep RD-93 intact. It is desirable though to have a smokeless engine because
1) Engine is more efficent than a smokey one
2) The trail of smoke can have a bad effect on combat effectiveness as it may weed out the surprise factor by enhancing enemy plane's visibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom