What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am following these 2 forums plus a couple of serbian/russian and chinese forums aswell...not sure i can link other forums here though... however the news of jft has died out a bit in the past 2 months in the arab forums..

the best intro on jft was on a philipines forum , done by some pak member

venezualen/spanish forums also have generally nice thing to say about jft
southafrican forum jft section is updated by tempest2

ALL ARE ANTICIPATING BLK2 JFT!

imran bhai , how the hell did you make an account ? as it redirects on google translate while putting password etc??

man i open many threads in last 2 months and update them JFT is on topic in arabic forums even today .you should look inside threads .

thunder-storm-rising-large.jpg

THUNDER STORM IS RISING: Two of PAF JF-17 Thunder of No. 26 Squadron guarding the skies of Pakistan. This sketch depicts two different missile combinations of JF-17 Thunder. Multiple missile ejection rail is possible factor for near future.

thunder-storm-rising-large.jpg

THUNDER STORM IS RISING: Two of PAF JF-17 Thunder of No. 26 Squadron guarding the skies of Pakistan. This sketch depicts two different missile combinations of JF-17 Thunder. Multiple missile ejection rail is possible factor for near future.

highway to the Danger-Zone

Translation of article found over here: ????????????-20 ??????_??_???

According to the Russian military news network on April 14 reported that online media revealed that in March this year, rumors that China is developing single light F -20 fighter, the same as the U.S. F-35, mainly for export. The stealth fighter weapons bay built, cost is not expensive, inexpensive, many countries have the ability to buy.

Russian media said the F -20 to existing layout and structure, if the assembly of 4 engines, and can become the basis for stealth bombers, F -20 to realize the three types of aircraft based on the structure, power plant, etc. a high degree of universal integration. There are also rumors, JF-17 "Fierce Dragon" light fighter models are being developed to improve the depth, the main task is to significantly reduce the effective scattering area. Although it can not be the same in the performance of F-35 competition, but drastically reduced the level of the aircraft after the radar and infrared radiation, can significantly improve performance and combat aircraft survivability. (Compiled: Shu-shan)
Hi, kindly please do not ask me for a translation, as I do not know Russian. However the title says it all.

Russian Media Says China Is Developing J-20 And Single-Engine Stealth JF-17 ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

Guys I have a question. The glass canopy of JFT has a joint towards the front while F-16 has it on the backside. In my opinion it is better to have closing joint towrds the rare instead of front as frontal join blocks some view. What do you think why Pakistan didn't follow the appraoch which is apparently better?

Arrows2.jpg
[/IMG]

Also Chinese have developed join-less bubble canopy for J-20. Any chances for PAF going for that instead of one being used at present?

making a bubble canopy is a relatively new tech.. maybe not available to paf during the prototypes of jft development.

although bubble canopy increases pilot visibility , it might increase rcs , if not stealth coated..

making a bubble canopy is a relatively new tech.. maybe not available to paf during the prototypes of jft development.

although bubble canopy increases pilot visibility , it might increase rcs , if not stealth coated..

A bubble means extra weight.. extra drag..and more expensive fabrication..
Which is why it was left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom