What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if this is authentic... composite layout in blk1
kf-17_11.jpg

Well hellloooo!!! does SD-10 ring a bell? it has already been integrated with Thunder .... Also as said by the senior members numerous times, PAF is more than happy with KLJ-7 which in all likelyhood be used for Blk-2 as well. So for the next 100 or so jets, that or a slightly improved version will be the radar.

Brother SD-10 has NOT repeat NOT BEEN INTEGRATED with the Thunder yet!!! the whole AVIONICS suite of the Thunder hasn't been finalized yet!

a8080d5f97131bb75a1f61acc9aa1115.jpg

Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force along with the Ex-Squadron Commanders during Re-Equipment Ceremony of No. 26 Squadron of Pakistan Air Force.

I dnt want AESA in block II bt

IRST
1 more hardpoint
higher thrust engine
increase in payload
and a radar with atleast 150-160km range
and raad integration

these thngs are important to be done

current radar range is 160 km as per my source...

It read "under air intake station".... So does this mean that JFT now has 8 stations and not 7.???

This pic was posted by a PAKDEF member Mr. Asif Amin IIRC, composite layout is the same in current batch as highlighted in pic, intake hardpoint will be added from next batch onwards.

if the forward fuselage is being worked on, does it mean that aesa radar modifications are also being taking place?

Does anyone know if the Thunder comes with a HMDS as standard?? If so what one? If not are there any plans for one in the future?

+ what other AC in the PAF have HMDS right NOW?

Does anyone know if the Thunder comes with a HMDS as standard?? If so what one? If not are there any plans for one in the future?

+ what other AC in the PAF have HMDS right NOW?

thunder will be equiped with one probably of a chinese origin...
and as far as i kno, i dont think there are any aircrafts with HMDS

any possibility of a twin seater version of the thunder in the future?

Only Pakistan has funded the twin seater variant R&D of JFT becoz China was nt intrested in twin seater variant of JFT

dnt know when will it come bt it is in development

thunder will be equiped with one probably of a chinese origin...
and as far as i kno, i dont think there are any aircrafts with HMDS

AFAIK, Block 52 have come with JHMCS
F-7PGs use a Chinese HMD (I think TK-14 or a more advanced varient which is being used on J-7Gs of PLAAF)
PL-8B_pilots.jpg

J-7HMS.jpg

This is the new generation HMD over TK-14, i suspect
j-7Ghelmet.jpg

furthermore, an interesting thing
The predominant PLAAF SRAAM is currently the PL-8 for fighters such as J-7, J-8 and J-10 (and FC-1). However, since the 1989 Paris Air Show, China ’s Luoyang Electro Optical Center has been marketing the capable PL-9C SRAAM with technologies imported from the Russian AA-11 Archer. This is equipped with an advanced seeker that offers a 60-degree off-bore-sight capability in addition to a helmet mounted sighting system that tracks pilot head position in order to target weapons. It has been a mystery why the PLAAF never adopted the PL-9C in large numbers but continues to improve existing stocks of PL-8s. Part of the reason might be that the PLAAF does not want to field three different types of SRAAM (PL-5, PL-8, PL-9). Also, most of the PLAAF radars are based on Israeli designs; for example, the J-7G’s KLJ-6E radar is based on Elta EL/M2001 radar. The PL-8 used with it is based on Israeli’s RAFAEL Armament Development Authority’s Python-3 missile, while there might be problems integrating the Russian-based PL-9 with an Israeli-based radar. This is not only an issue with the J-7, as later models of the J-8’s KLJ-1 radar are also based on Israeli Elta EL/M 2035 multi-mode pulse Doppler radar. Finally, in 2004 the PL-8B’s seeker was reported to have helmet mounted sighting capabilities and the recent photos confirm this development, which may also explain the PLAAF’s decision not to adopt the PL-9.
and
PL-9 IR-guided missile was first developed in the late 80s based on PL-8/Python-3 technology and is for export only. It has an all-aspect InSb seeker and a radio fuze. Its range is 500m minimum and 16km maximum. Speed is Mach 3.5 and load is 40g. Its forward control fins look similar to those of AIM-9L (double delta). The latest variant of PL-9 is called PL-9C with improved multi-band IR seeker and a new programmable digital processor giving it a greater IRCCM capability and higherkilling probablity. Here two PL-9C AAMs are seen being carried by a F-7PG figher to be delivered to PAF. PL-9C is expected to be the standard air-to-air weapon for the new F-7NI/BG/NM series exported to Nigirea, Bangladesh and Namibia as well. Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force
so it is should also clear some doubts why PAF is still confident in pitting its F-7s against top notch fighters

Only Pakistan has funded the twin seater variant R&D of JFT becoz China was nt intrested in twin seater variant of JFT

dnt know when will it come bt it is in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom